The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 02:46 PM   #21
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
This is a good thread, but there has been plenty of TMNT that has had it's own identity but also been well received by the fanbase. The '00 show, TMNT '12 are perfect examples that had their own identity even if they paid homage or crossed over with Fred Wolf.

And I know I'm in the minority on this part, but I thought that the TMNT CGI cartoon/movie thingy was pretty good.

And there was enough reinvention in those three examples that FW didn't choke them out. I think the real problem is that many of the other examples are truly poor takes on the franchise. Rise, the Bay flicks.... not good by any comparison.
Agreed. To be fair, it can be hard for people used to one version to get into a new version of something. It took me a while to get into the 2003 series, for example.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #22
pferreira
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Why are you still fixated on the idea that he favors IDW when that literally has never been stated? Watching you desperately try & throw stones at what you assume is his favorite iteration is both petty & sad. Why are you posting on Tuesday? Did you sneak into the ward's rec-room?
Reported!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #23
D-ray
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
We obviously don't need Donatello to have an oversized head, and goggles, and thick glasses, and wrist gadgets, and a tech staff, and some proton pack all at the same just to tell him apart from his brothers. At that point, there's almost reason for the purple mask anymore, other than tradition I guess.
Nice thought, never seen it from this point of view.
Let's add Rise of TMNT Donatello to the exaggerated designs.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Reported!
Perhaps this simply isn't the place for you. Ever consider that?

If every single person you meet is an asshole, it's usually you yourself who's in the wrong. Food for thought.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #25
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I love the old series. I was watching Turtle Tracks yesterday. It was goofy and fun in that 80's-90's SatAM way.

I also caught a clip of Shredder attacking Rat King and it was pretty funny.

I dunno. I think the FW series should be respected for what it is. It gave a lot of people their intro to the TMNT. It also added to the lore.

If there's an iteration that you prefer more, great! Enjoy it. But "hate" for the FW series seems a bit extreme to me.
Old Today, 12:47 AM   #26
D-ray
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I love the old series. I was watching Turtle Tracks yesterday. It was goofy and fun in that 80's-90's SatAM way.

I also caught a clip of Shredder attacking Rat King and it was pretty funny.

I dunno. I think the FW series should be respected for what it is. It gave a lot of people their intro to the TMNT. It also added to the lore.

If there's an iteration that you prefer more, great! Enjoy it. But "hate" for the FW series seems a bit extreme to me.
I never said that I hate it.
I just wanted to open a thread about how much of an influence has been to the turtles in general.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:50 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If every single person you meet is an asshole, it's usually you yourself who's in the wrong. Food for thought.
Oh, pferreira. And just when I thought he and I were getting along. Yes, it's a bit like the guy or girl who talks about their many exes who were all psychotic monsters. At a certain point... it's you.

Unless he meant "Reported" with the winky face like he meant to say, "Reported... just kidding!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 AM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

I've been an eye-rolling observer for many years now. It just isn't cute anymore.

I'm a fan of my share of things that aren't beloved by consensus, so I do get it. But on one hand, there's something to be said for picking one's battles, or at the very least knowing well enough when to put the drum down. And furthermore, when someone is saying something that's factually provable, then you have no argument in that case just because you disagree or it hurts your feelings or whatever. "Opinions" don't weigh anything next to Facts; if you're putting them on a scale, Facts are bricks and Opinions are feathers. You can't override the former by shouting the latter over and over again, no matter how strongly you feel about it.

At the end of the day, such pathological defense of a kids' cartoon that's 25 years dead and buried is unhealthy, and derails any actual debate and conversation that anyone tries to have. People can't talk when some hyperactive kid is running around yelling "Nuh-UH! That's YOU!" every time someone says something they don't like.

I'unno. Not in a great mood lately and my patience for nonsense is at its absolute nadir. I've held my tongue in the past but I'm kinda tired of this sh*t from that guy. Most people here can seemingly have a conversation or debate and at least pretend to remain objective even if they admit to a personal bias. That one, not so much. Tiresome.

"What's 'tiresome' is when people here go out of their way to trash the OT despite forum rules and people love it and it shaped my childhood and blah blah!" Okay, whatever. We've all heard it by now and nobody caaaaares. Nobody's even "trashing" anything. It's silly.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Last edited by Leo656; Today at 01:05 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote