The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #121
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So are you implying just a big orgy is in the future.
Well, it could be in the cards for #105... Teenage boys at a nightclub for the first time, and the girls dressed like that?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:02 PM   #122
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Well, it could be in the cards for #105... Teenage boys at a nightclub for the first time, and the girls dressed like that?
I would have preferred they went to a Rave rather then a Death Metal Concern. But that's just me.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #123
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Having a big hardcore mutant orgy at the end of #105 would certainly be a bold new direction for the series.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #124
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

I wonder if mutant versions of these two'll be in the crowd in 105.

lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #125
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I wonder if mutant versions of these two'll be in the crowd in 105.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConcernedG...ainu-small.gif
You mean Bebop and Rocksteady? Because they kinda are.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #126
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I would have preferred they went to a Rave rather then a Death Metal Concern. But that's just me.
Speaking of which, wasn't Mondo a Heavy Metal singer in Archie? I'd love for him to pop up and interact with the band in #105.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
Having a big hardcore mutant orgy at the end of #105 would certainly be a bold new direction for the series.
Plot twist: Saki is still watching.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #127
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You mean Bebop and Rocksteady? Because they kinda are.
I don't know, since the kennel clubs still standing, I think it's a good possibility their not in there, if they are, the building won't last even the ninja rap song.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #128
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Speaking of which, wasn't Mondo a Heavy Metal singer in Archie? I'd love for him to pop up and interact with the band in #105.

Plot twist: Saki is still watching.
Yeah. He was in a metal band prior to the mutation.

It would be cool if he makes an appearance in the next issue being a part of the band.

Quote:
I don't know, since the kennel clubs still standing, I think it's a good possibility their not in there, if they are, the building won't last even the ninja rap song.
Well given how things have changed. Maybe they are just chilling?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:49 PM   #129
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah. He was in a metal band prior to the mutation.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170919094129

It would be cool if he makes an appearance in the next issue being a part of the band.

Well given how things have changed. Maybe they are just chilling?
Sophie, if you're reading this, the stage is literally set for a three-way battle of the bands: the all-female one from #105, a band with Mondo as the lead singer, and Bebop and Rocksteady and Anchovy's band! Make it happen, IDW!
Old 03-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #130
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Sophie, if you're reading this, the stage is literally set for a three-way battle of the bands: the all-female one from #105, a band with Mondo as the lead singer, and Bebop and Rocksteady and Anchovy's band! Make it happen, IDW!
or maybe they combine together like the wyld stallyns. bebop and rocksteady have traveled through time.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #131
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Already ahead of you.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #132
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
or maybe they combine together like the wyld stallyns. bebop and rocksteady have traveled through time.
It would be fun to see them settle down and integrate into the mutant community. They've always wanted to belong somewhere... Plus, it would provide an organic motivation to have them involved in whatever Stockman and Null (and Maligna?) are cooking up further down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Already ahead of you.
Oooh, nice!
Old 03-27-2020, 01:22 AM   #133
puirnaut
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Hmmm...

So youíre saying Raph is dumping Alopex for Mona next month?
This is exactly what I would like to see. Itís a pity, but these are only dreams of one fan. And I appreciated your irony.
puirnaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:27 AM   #134
puirnaut
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
I'm confused, what is even going on here anymore?

Why are people all over Mona Lisa being different? This is a completely different timeline, ofcourse she is going to be different but she is still a lizard woman.
And appearently she was only in one episode of the 90's? I don't think i've seen her myself back then (or i did but forgot)? Its one episode, no character can be fleshed out in one episode... (no idea why she even has a fanatic fanbase 20+ years later when she only aired in one episode but okay).
Do not be confused. It happens.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:37 AM   #135
puirnaut
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
*evil laughter*
As if I still hear your mockery. But how much noise we made here.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:50 AM   #136
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by puirnaut View Post
This is exactly what I would like to see. Itís a pity, but these are only dreams of one fan. And I appreciated your irony.
The real pity is that you think it's appropriate to dump an existing character relationship that's been built up within THIS comic's story in order to pair Raph with a brand new character (to this story, at least) that he's had no interaction with, based SOLELY on the fact that she was a sort of romantic partner in a single episode of an older cartoon series. You talk about people treating the character as something superficial, but you're the one that's the most guilty of that. Mona Lisa is not the same character as the one from the cartoon. Get over it. I was able to get over the naruto ninja fox named Alopex from the 2012 cartoon, you can get over this one.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #137
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
"Real beer" was a funny joke, makes you wonder what they've been drinking before.
Had a thought if they actually ask to see Id for beer, mona might be the only one and we'd also get to see what she looked like before. Not that these guys would have a liquor licence.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:02 AM   #138
Igglet
Hench Mutant

Actually, I really hope the story leans into the fact that the turtles were, unlike the other inhabitants of Mutant Town, never humans. At least, not in this lifetime. The dojo concept could be a good opportunity to focus on this.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #139
Jazzfox
Random Punk

Jeepers, I feel like I missed a TON in here <_<

A lot of which I reeeeeeeeally don't want to add to the drama pile, so, gonna just scooch round everything and instead add my support wholeheartedly to seeing a full-on mutant battle of the bands, it'd be something to see how Bebop/Rocksteady would hit the stage or what state it'd be left in after their set, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Actually, I really hope the story leans into the fact that the turtles were, unlike the other inhabitants of Mutant Town, never humans. At least, not in this lifetime. The dojo concept could be a good opportunity to focus on this.
I wonder if you're onto something there =o As much I'd like to see the inhabitants of the town coming together, that small difference in them not having been humans prior can be a hurdle in itself

Only when I stop and think here on the idea of this do I realise just HOW MUCH untapped potential there is to the mutant town as a whole and interactions/stories that can come out of this

Also, wanna go back and just say, something that I noticed that's way too tiny and giggly for me not to share, remember Tigerclaw posted up that pic of the full gang together?

Quote:
This is by far my favorite image on this issue.

JUST noticed now that Raph is sporting a 'CRUDE' belt buckle, just a really neat lil reference back to his 80's cartoon incarnation and his line in the intro song, lol

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:56 AM   #140
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

I do wonder if any animals were also mutated by the mutant bomb (Lita for instance?). Most of the named mutants were former animals up to the mutant bomb. All the Mutanimals (save Lindsey), the Turtles, Slash, Alopex, Hob, Koya, Bludgeon, Leatherhead, etc. We saw a disconnect between former humans and animal mutants in the Dreadmon issue of the Universe run. But the issue there was that Dreadmon had had a choice (similar to Bebop and Rocksteady), while they didn't. The humans of Mutant Town didn't have a choice, Hob forced it upon them (which was the point).

This disconnect I see may come from how much you might have valued your old life. Obviously many humans are upset at having their lives ruined but it seems at least some enjoy their new bodies (like the lady in the Jennika mini who weighed being a squirrel with having her arthritis cured, how many people had serious medical conditions suddenly cured by the bomb?) and weren't happy with their lot in life to begin with. We've also seen animal mutants take different approaches to becoming humanoid. Leatherhead feels he was violated and made something he was never meant to be, Alopex grew less thrilled with what was done to her when she regained some of her pre mutations memories, whereas Mondo and Herman seem totally on board with their change even if they hate the situation they are in. I'm not sure we've seen an animal mutant with quite the optimistic outlook to say, "I've been giving hands and a much more powerful brain, this is great!"