The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Star Trek: Enterprise is cancelled

Enterprise is DEAD.

Cancelled.

Gone.

Bye-bye.

Aurevoir

Rest in Peace.

...About time as well, as decent as the series was FINALLY becoming under Manny Choto, it was too little, too late, DAMN Berman and Braga for not stepping down earlier, lord knows they did far more damage to the franchise during Voyager's Fourth Season, and did'nt stop after that.

The new series of Battlestar Galactica, (which the U.K saw in it's entirty first) in thirteen episodes, showed Star Trek how to do seven years.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:29 AM   #2
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Sad for all the trekkies out there, but I never really got into the series. I mean, DS9 was great and Voyager had me hooked. I wathch TOS whenever I can and sometimes I even see a TNG-ep. But I don't even care about enterprise...
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #3
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Countdown to a ranting email from my father about how the world is an evil, evil place in 5, 4, 3, 2...

I've not really kept abreast of Enterprise, but what few episodes I have seen lately seem more formulaic than any series before it. If I had a bar of gold pressed latinum every time an energy conduit is ruptured, a warp core gets breeched or the dilithium crystals go wonky again, I could be retired by now and kickin' it on Haven for the rest of my days.

Last edited by damnhooligan; 02-03-2005 at 07:44 AM.
damnhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:10 AM   #4
Spitfire
Writer ē Director

I didnt really care for the show to much. Shows like that kinda bore me really. Ive seen alot of it thanks to my Dad so I know Ill have to hear about it. He likes the new Battlestar show and Star Gate so maybe he wont complain as much
Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

wow...were any trekies into Enterprise....i didn't watch cause i feel it threw all the past history of Star Trek, Kirk and the like, out the window.... but maybe this means a new better trek series can rise like a phoenix from the ashes...sorry....i want a good star trek series on tv fo as long as i live....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Voyager was great until they replaced Kes with Seven of Nine and made The Borg Janeway's b*chies, the show just got extremly repetetive, and started relying on apperances from classic characters for ratings, the Pathehfinder episodes were great though, and there should have been more made out of contact with Earth.

Enterprise became slightly darker in Season Three...with more of a purpose, but really, who wants to see a prequel series distract itself by going into the Delphic Expanse, a place NO TREK FAN HAS HEARD OF, and wasting an entire season there?

I've heard Berman and Bragga are writing the finale...great, just great.

Stargate owns Star Trek
Old 02-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #7
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

Poor Scott Bakula.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Poor Scott Bakula.
Doctor Sam Beckett never returned home

Nah, this is great news, now Bakula can work even more on the upcoming revival of Quantum Leap (he'll be a recurring character in the series, but will have a major role in the new movie "A Bold Leap Forward")
Old 02-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #9
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy

Anyone else see that episode of Family Guy...

"Al, why haven't I leapt yet!?"

"Ziggy says she has to love you back."

"I'll do it..."

-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #10
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Have to say I'm not suprised by this cancellation... Enterprise wasn't that well done... and the cast wasn't that amazing... and the story was confusing if you've ever watched the Original Star Treks... oh well... Battlestar Galattica is a much better series... The new ones anyways... very well written...
Old 02-03-2005, 12:21 PM   #11
Kali
Inactive Moderator

Even though Iím a born and raised Star Trek fan, I never got into this series. I stopped watching Voyager regularly somewhere in the middle of the series, as well.

Even my father, whom I get my love of the franchise from, didnít seem too impressed after the first seasons. Had me stop recording them on days he worked late.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:54 PM   #12
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

What killed the show was scott backula.The doofus from Q leap show.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder utrom
What killed the show was scott backula.The doofus from Q leap show.

Errr...shut up, he was'nt the problem, and when will you EVER start contributing something that makes ANY sense?

Quantium Leap was far superior to Enterprise
Old 02-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I loved quantum leap....but i never could get myself to watch enterprise just fo bacula....oh well...like i said maybe a new good trek series can come to the for front....maybe a kind of the "Lost Stories of Trek" no regular cast, just a collection of shows that take place between the diffrent series...the unsung heros of the trek universe....maybe...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Enterprise Cancelled

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled!

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...
PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

"Star Trek has been an important part of UPN's history, and Enterprise has carried on the tradition of its predecessors with great distinction," said Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. "We'd like to thank Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and an incredibly talented cast for creating an engaging, new dimension to the Star Trek universe on UPN, and we look forward to working with them, and our partners at Paramount Network Television, on a send-off that salutes its contributions to The Network and satisfies its loyal viewers."

David Stapf, President of Paramount Network Television, said, "The creators, stars and crew of Star Trek: Enterprise ambitiously and proudly upheld the fine traditions of the Star Trek franchise. We are grateful for their contributions to the legacy of Trek and commend them on completing nearly 100 exciting, dramatic and visually stunning episodes. All of us at Paramount warmly bid goodbye to Enterprise, and we all look forward to a new chapter of this enduring franchise in the future."

A prequel to the original "Star Trek" series, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE premiered on UPN on Sept. 26, 2001, and aired for its first three seasons on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). On Oct. 8, 2004, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE moved into its current time on Fridays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). Through its four-year run, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE produced a total of 98 episodes and earned four Emmy Awards.

Well, that was the last one. After bailing out on Saturday morning, this was the final American show I watched (TMNT on DVD) on actual TV. Now that it's dying, I officially am giving up american television. Goodbye Star Trek, it was nice knowing you. Hello video games full time.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
Duke
Mad Scientist

There was already a thread about this.

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...ad.php?t=11567
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #17
Super Moderator

That there was. No need for this. Thread closedz0r.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #18
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Threads merged
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Bested by AC. I'm going to go kill myself now.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #20
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

This is fun... we should all constantly work on one-upping eachother....
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote