The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 05:19 AM   #81
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 6,207
On the topic of Jurassic Park, I found fan art depicting what the dinosaurs would really have looked like.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Get it? Because there wouldn't be enough useful DNA left, the dinosaurs would pretty much be frogs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:45 AM   #82
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,781
Went ahead and reviewed the special over at AIPT.

Wasn't sure if it had aired on TV yet (I don't have cable), so I tried to keep my review mostly spoiler free.

That said, I liked it for what it was. Wouldn't mind seeing a full-blown series with this kind of animation. If anything, it would be a nice measure to fill the gaps whenever the CG series goes on an extended hiatus every couple episodes.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #83
Teddy
Hench Mutant
 
Teddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 367
Sweet! It's up on YouTube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n09ryi5u6JY

That was super cute, and I LOVE that they brought in the dinosaurs from the original toy line. I still have Leo's triceratops!
__________________
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #84
playmate
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 168
Exclamation voice artists

Booyakasha!

May a 'dromer who has seen this (and stayed 'til the end of the credits) please confirm if the voice cast is 100% identical to the main nick series? Thanks in advance
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #85
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 6,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
Booyakasha!

May a 'dromer who has seen this (and stayed 'til the end of the credits) please confirm if the voice cast is 100% identical to the main nick series? Thanks in advance
What are you talking about? It's clearly the same actors, why would they get other people?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #86
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soub View Post
Also, in the book the "raptors" are actually Deinonychus or possibly Utahraptors.
Yeah, real Velociraptor was a whole lot shorter then depicted in the movies. 50cm tall (1.6ft for you Imperial lovers)
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #87
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
On the topic of Jurassic Park, I found fan art depicting what the dinosaurs would really have looked like.

Spoiler:
Get it? Because there wouldn't be enough useful DNA left, the dinosaurs would pretty much be frogs.
I'm pretty sure there isn't any Dinosaur DNA around because DNA only last 5 million years and the last non avian dinosaur died 65 million years ago. And frogs aren't even related to dinosaurs so it was a dumb choice for the film.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #88
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
What are you talking about? It's clearly the same actors, why would they get other people?
It's because the characters are child like in appearance, it's easy to assume they would have child actors play them. Particularly since this series has been nicknamed "Turtle Babys"
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #89
kolaida
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
Sequel please!!! That was so cute and adorable and I lol'd so many times. Ahh, and ICK!!! More! I would love to see that sequel.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:36 AM   #90
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 6,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
I'm pretty sure there isn't any Dinosaur DNA around because DNA only last 5 million years and the last non avian dinosaur died 65 million years ago. And frogs aren't even related to dinosaurs so it was a dumb choice for the film.
Of course there isn't any Dino DNA left, the picture is just a joke. And yes, frogs wasn't a good choice, birds or crocodiles would have worked better.

I think the best way to engineer something similar to a dinosaur is to mess around with the genome of a bird, see what mutations it would take to make it grow teeth and a tail.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:38 AM   #91
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I think the best way to engineer something similar to a dinosaur is to mess around with the genome of a bird, see what mutations it would take to make it grow teeth and a tail.
Already been done. There's been conducted experiments on Chicken embryos where Bhart-Anjan Bhullar and his colleagues have managed to alter the embryo to develop a more alligator-like mouth.

And we've found color pigments in Dino fuzz, full on feathers with intact soft-tissue, soft tissue intact inside T Rex bones and blood vessels.

chicken embryos do have a tail that shirks down during development to full chicks, and with some tweaking we can make chickens grow teeth. So we can reverse engineer the Chicken to develop into a Dinosaur like creature, but clone an actual Velociraptor mongoliensis might be a bit too ambitious.

So creating the exact same creature from millions of years, maybe not. But make something close that you can sell as a pet, it's sure money.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #92
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
I just created some gifs for this ep in the gifs thread, but knowing there are people who haven't watch it, I guess I should wait till the ep airs on TV before making more gifs, especially those more spoilery ones
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #93
SKX31
Random Punk
 
SKX31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
Spoiler:
I mean, I really want to see what the shell happens after the Turtles returned to a potential future where Shredder took over New York (and possibly the world), replaced the Liberty Lady with a statue of himself and who knows what else. I suppose this is a future where the Turtles didn't return to their proper time, and without them, Shredder conquered the world and stuff. Just take a look at his statue, he's triumphant over the Turtles' weapons, as if he defeated them or something. Since they disappeared, I guess he simply took credit of their defeat.
Spoiler:
I'm getting the impression that the future will be essentially a Shredderville / SainW mashup. It won't go full grimdark because of the series - but the characteristic red eyes and a massive propaganda machine are already there, so it'll be more SainW than Shredderville.

Also, this Shredder is a little more lenient than Ch'rell on the sleep schedule.
SKX31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #94
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 517
I thought this show was pretty awesome, I had thought it would be some lame Nick jr kind of thing....

As a Raph fan, I thought they did an awesome job with him. Best I have seem in a while. Then he got all soft and doctored the pterodactyl , How sweet!

I have to admit though, You guys getting all caught up in your evolutionary theory's like they are honest to goodness facts crack me up.... I Was really wanting people to show up after Donnie said there were no humans back then, But ya'll would have totally flipped your "shells".
To be fair though, I'm just as bad.... I wanted people to show up because I am of the creationist persuasion.

Scientific or not it was great, I hope to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
There was a big multicolored piece of cloth they grabbed from somewhere.

Now how that got there... *throws up hands*
There you have it, evidence of prehistoric humans living among humans *Bows* Yes, I know I'm being silly.
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #95
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
On the topic of Jurassic Park, I found fan art depicting what the dinosaurs would really have looked like.

Spoiler:
Get it? Because there wouldn't be enough useful DNA left, the dinosaurs would pretty much be frogs.
Hi-ho, Kermit the Indominous Rex here, and this is a Jurrasic World News Flash.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #96
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,587
This is what Peter Di Cicco said where it fits in continuity.

anonymous asked:

Hi, if you can answer I wonder if Half Shell Heroes special is supposed to fit in with the regular continuity?

Peter Di Cicco

This is one of those “depends on your point of view” things, but Half Shell Heroes isn’t intended to fit into what you might consider the “regular continuity.” It’s still all the same characters, but slightly different at the same time. Still, I’m sure if you wanted to, you might be able to find a place it could fit.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #97
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 698
Spoiler:
It was okay for the most part, but didn't like the to be continued ending, which I guess this will imply a future line of them with future gear (maybe an LOL Fast Forward homage costumes?).
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #98
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,030
Bumping this thread up for the Showing of this special tomorrow.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #99
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,988
Its playing right now.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #100
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
I have to admit though, You guys getting all caught up in your evolutionary theory's like they are honest to goodness facts crack me up....
...

You do know what a Theory is, right?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.