The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #21
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Everyone cares. His zealots give him a free pass on acting like a moron and embarrassing the United States both at home and abroad.

As for what you think: who cares? Congress acts for the will of the American people. The people of spoken. You lost. Get over it.

This whole thread is white noise by a bunch of whiners who backed a lame horse.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
As for what you think: who cares? Congress acts for the will of the American people. The people of spoken. You lost. Get over it.
They still have to prove their case, and apparently they're afraid to. Nobody has lost anything.

Ted Cruz: “When it comes to Pelosi, her threat is really quite remarkable. Her threat to the Senate is, ‘Do exactly what I want, or I’m not going to impeach the president. I’m not going to send over the impeachment articles,’” Cruz said, daring Pelosi to follow through. “My attitude is, okay, throw us in that briar-patch," he continued. "Don’t send them; that’s alright, we actually have work to do. Some of us are showing up fighting for more jobs, for higher wages, for the working men and women who elected us.”
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

2020s gonna be a circus. If Trump wins reelection after being "impeached" in the House the Democrats are gonna cry foul and if he loses he'll blame the "impeachment circus". No one wins...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #24
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

That's not how impeachment works. It's the votes that count. As you said, the Senate will never let it pass.

For now.

The issue is that the Senate needs the go ahead. The House has no compelling rules to send the case to the Senate. The House can sit with it for years, theoretically, and just add to the investigation.

As for the case, Trump already committed enough crimes to have anyone else arrested. He misused campaign funds. He invited foreign interference in elections. Regardless of how you feel about these, Trump is attached enough to go to trial. The GOP is protecting him. Hence no witnesses and the strict rules on what can be discussed. But his hand picked ambassador and his hand picked former lawyer already presented enough to go to trial.

Innocent until guilty still standing, it isn't unbelievable that he finds himself being impeached. Even before his Presidency, he couldn't go a year without being sued up to his eyeballs.

If you support the man, that's your business and you're free to your beliefs. The cold, hard facts suggest that a deeper investigation is warranted.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:27 AM   #25
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
2020s gonna be a circus. If Trump wins reelection after being "impeached" in the House the Democrats are gonna cry foul and if he loses he'll blame the "impeachment circus". No one wins...
bingo. I think it's best to avoid here for a while after he wins 2020... some folks might be a bit butt hurt .

And honestly, this whole 'circus' is just to try an detract the public from the democrats problems. anyone remember hillary and her election meddling and 'lock her up?' nope.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #26
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Are you kidding me? You guys haven't shut about Hillary for the past three years. Everyone remembers because you say it reflexively whenever someone raises a complaint about literally anything.

"Boy, the current deficit seems-"

-"EMAILS! PIZZAGATE! HILLARY!"
Old 12-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Everyone cares. His zealots give him a free pass on acting like a moron and embarrassing the United States both at home and abroad.

This whole thread is white noise by a bunch of whiners who backed a lame horse.
Remember, no politics!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61242

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 12-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #29
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
someone's not acting very civil
Old 12-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #30
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

And every time I enforce that rule I get a bunch of crybabies demanding their fedorafest go uninterrupted.

The same butt hurt whiner runs into the suggestions section and demands that their safe space be preserved.

Have your fun.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #31
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:

This logic fits now, but where was it when the Democratic party lost the vote and he was put in office? This is mania.

Trump is a grandstander, that's part of his marketing for and in the job. Yet we have results in all of the metrics that matter except for leftist approval.

It's very clear to me that leftists just past the first tick or two on the spectrum are motivated by something other than altruism. Any leftist past that threshold on the spectrum should at least have the integrity to admit their motivations, but they are clearly so dark and lost that even that escapes possibility.

Of course what I've said here won't be allowed to carry any weight because leftist thinking simplifies things in such a way that I can only be a raging conservative. But I'm not - at all. True liberalism died a long time ago and it's a shame because there was a place for that structure in the world.

Quote:
And every time I enforce that rule I get a bunch of crybabies demanding their fedorafest go uninterrupted.

The same butt hurt whiner runs into the suggestions section and demands that their safe space be preserved.

Have your fun.
Usually the guiltiest parties are the people perceiving whatever they want with a warped view, man. It's not always the people sending the message but rather usually the person receiving it who creates the problem. I've been in your shoes - moderated a few forums for years. You have to let the balance happen on it's own sometimes, is all.

Last edited by IMJ; 12-19-2019 at 10:59 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #32
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Then you have no idea how politics work. Blustering your way to the top may work, but sooner or later it will be tested. Trump is ineffective. Our enemies are emboldened. Our allies are weakened. Our diplomatic power diminished to the point where China has taken the lead.

As for guilt, tu quoque. There is nothing on either side that hasn't been matched. If you want a fair and friendly discussion, I'll happily oblige. If you want to be passive aggressive and use emojis like you're being cute, don't waste my time.

Last edited by Voltron; 12-19-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Tulsi Gabbard 2020.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum and just focus on updates on the proceedings as they occur.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #35
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Then you have no idea how politics work. Blustering your way to the top may work, but sooner or later it will be tested. Trump is ineffective. Our enemies are emboldened. Our allies are weakened. Our diplomatic power diminished to the point where China has taken the lead.

As for guilt, tu quoque. There is nothing on either side that hasn't been matched. If you want a fair and friendly discussion, I'll happily oblige. If you want to be passive aggressive and use emojis like you're being cute, don't waste my time.
By any metric much of this is not true. And maybe there's a discussion to be had about the art of politics but as for the functioning of Federalism? I think I could speak to that significantly.

Also, I have no idea what your comment about being cute is about. You made the choice to include that perception in your response. I can't help but feel that reflects your perception on life more than it reflects my outgoing interactions, brother. Just something to consider.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Tulsi Gabbard 2020.
I just wish she wasn't towing the party line about going after "assault rifles" (as in, using a made up term to go after scary-looking semi-auto guns) and "high capacity magazines." Everything else she's about seems sound.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #37
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I just wish she wasn't towing the party line about going after "assault rifles" (as in, using a made up term to go after scary-looking semi-auto guns) and "high capacity magazines." Everything else she's about seems sound.
I feel the same way. But it's nice to not agree with a candidate based on a platform modifier as opposed to seeing the rotting person under their skin suit like some previous candidates.

Tulsi is close and has merit though.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
He seems to overreact if he's not in any danger of being kicked out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50840934
Quote:
"ATROCIOUS LIES BY THE RADICAL LEFT" and an "ASSAULT ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!".
Why did I just hear "Protect your king!! Shield me with your bodies!!"?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:06 PM   #39
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
People or bunch of corrupted politicians who represent "people" as much as my ass?
You really think Dems do it for the sake of "people"?

Quote:
Sorry, but this sounds like usual fear-mongering nonsense.
What enemies? Russia, which is a paper tiger?
China, which fakes its own GDP data and tied so thorough to the rest of the world, it won't survive major economic crisis?

Also, someone is pissed off.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
At least she's knowledgable about weapons, given her military background. IF she were elected (which she won't be), perhaps she could bring the left to a slightly more informed position.

A nice thought.

Maybe we'll all get Bernie for Prez #46 instead.