The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #6881
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Todays grind was a combination of things that all came together to cause a near-meltdown. First, the eternal female cusre arrived yesterday evening with a vengence. That was bad enough but then our upstairs neighbor (the one with the dog that constantly barks- or did until recently when it got loose while outside and was hit by a car. I was not overly sad to hear it) decided to start moving furniture and vacuming and HAMMERING ON THE WALLS from 9:30 until almost 1AM!! Was not happy with this, as it meant we got no sleep.

THEN I got to work and a couple hours in after one of my other long-time coworkers came in, I got moved to the front drive to help with drinks etc and take orders there. One of our new people (shes been there a couple of months) started getting snippy when I began restocking the drink lids. Basically bumping me away and said "I got this." in a very sharp tone. I tried to just blow it off, and told her I was doing my job as epediter, but she kept brushing me aside and going "I got this" like she didnt want me there. I got peeved and finally told her that if she wanted to do it so bad she could do it all herself and Id just make the coffee drinks.

Thought that would be the end of it but no. She started muttering under her breath and then later she spilled a drink and when I went to get the mop to clean it up she went full-on b**ch mode when I accidently brushed against her with it while mopping around her. So I went off on her for getting hostile over it, and finally told the MIC I could not work with her being rude and snappy when I was just trying to do what Im supposed to. I nearly went nuclear on her and she started talking smack and saying she'd "whoop my ass" (she's black- not that that matters but she has that "ghetto tough" attitude, in a small rural town where the gangstas are all wannabes.) So I shot back that if she kept copping an attitude I'd knock her block off. Because if there is one thing I hate, it's people trying to act like king sh*t and think they can push me around because they are bigger and "badder".

I ended up switching with my other coworker back to back drive for the rest of the day to keep from beating the living daylights out of the b**th queen of the backwoods ghetto. Even the store manager (who was there qnd saw the first part of the fuss) agreed it was best if I went to the back, after I told them both I was not working next to that ..... Long story short, the rest of the day was better except for continual discomfort and mild pain from "the curse" making itself known. Maybe it was just irritability from that, but she really hit my buttons today and that was all it took. Rarely ever happens but today was one of those days.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #6882
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Rural ghetto wannabe trying to be territorial over fast food joint duties. This girl would never make it in a city; suburbs is questionable. lol And where's the gratitude for you willingly helping to mop up her mess?

I wish you well with that one. Surprised she's made it two months.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #6883
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah ones like that come and go all the time. They never last long with crap attitudes like that. Heard a few customers have even complained.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #6884
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I sympathize. There have been a lot of new hires like that here. They're annoying and very lazy. They leave me to do all the work.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:38 PM   #6885
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I hate people deciding when someone ELSE'S apology is fake. You know why I'm bad at apologising? Because people like to assume I'm lying when I'm ****ing not. Sorry I didn't word it exactly the way you wanted to or that my voice tone didn't 100% match because maybe I was experiencing a lot of emotions at once which is actually a perfectly normal thing for a human to do, but that doesn't mean you get to say it's fake. Maybe this pisses me off so much because the easiest way to get me to punch you in the face is to call me a liar. I don't LIKE lying. If you think I'm doing it just because my apology didn't fall into your incredibly narrow standard, maybe you should consider that other people are different than you. I sound like a dick when I say "I hate apologising" because without context you damn right you call someone a dick for saying that, but I don't know how else to put this in just a few words, you know?

Despite the rant, I actually came here to wonder... if you have a mild concern with someone that's often very busy and didn't actually intend on doing anything wrong, should you voice your concern to that person in attempt to keep communication clear, or should you keep it to yourself because that person's busy, they were only trying to help, and in the end you really aren't that upset by it? Would it depend on other factors?
Old 05-17-2017, 06:14 AM   #6886
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I sympathize. There have been a lot of new hires like that here. They're annoying and very lazy. They leave me to do all the work.
Maybe that's beneficial in the long-term. You'll be seen as hardworking and promoted.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #6887
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Maybe that's beneficial in the long-term. You'll be seen as hardworking and promoted.
Not at my place of work. I've been there since October and haven't gotten a raise and barely any thanks for the work I've done. They barely notice the hard work but they suddenly pay attention when you make the smallest of mistakes. I've also been included when they chew out everyone for not doing their work properly, despite me being the only guy who did stuff right.

I'm gonna try to find another job soon.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #6888
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Not at my place of work. I've been there since October and haven't gotten a raise and barely any thanks for the work I've done. They barely notice the hard work but they suddenly pay attention when you make the smallest of mistakes. I've also been included when they chew out everyone for not doing their work properly, despite me being the only guy who did stuff right.
I've been on various work placements, when I was unemployed, where the supervisors would go off on their little ranting sessions. They probably expected too much, considering they were basically getting free labour.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #6889
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Promotions? What are those? lol Raises don't exist where I work... Company froze raises before I ever joined up and that hasn't come back. Doubt it will. Underpaid for sure.

As for being promoted, eh... Depends on the place you're at, imo. In a store? Personally, I don't really want to deal with some of the crap our mangers deal with anyhow. Irate customers that want to have it out with a manger or district or regional managers, or corporate people, who want to chew someone out because they don't get in-store reality and don't care? HELL NO.

I am grateful though that I have a decent enough manager that when a member of our team supposedly did get chewed out by some district manager my manager is not happy about that. She's the one who told me about it the other day. Said she doesn't care if they want to chew her out, but not us. Grateful that she's a little protective of her team.

Although at the same time... likewise the lack of noticing hard work put in. They don't spend enough time upstairs where I'm at, which I think is part of it. Although after us part-timers had no work in April, and the place subsequently became a mess, the sale signs on the fixtures getting messed up, etc., I'm hoping with our return my manager has noticed a bit more the work I was putting in.

At one time I was afraid maybe they thought I wasn't doing the signs right or well enough, but coming back and seeing the amount that's gotten messed up with just the full-timers left behind to do it all (including one who can be a little know-it-all snippy at times - I think partly due to being a former team lead), er, yeah...At least I've had the opportunity to discuss with my manager how much of a mess it is and that I've been trying to get things moved and fixed up and signs fixed.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #6890
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Could possibly get severe weather tonight. Hope it holds off until after Empire and Chicago PD are on.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #6891
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Despite the rant, I actually came here to wonder... if you have a mild concern with someone that's often very busy and didn't actually intend on doing anything wrong, should you voice your concern to that person in attempt to keep communication clear, or should you keep it to yourself because that person's busy, they were only trying to help, and in the end you really aren't that upset by it? Would it depend on other factors?
I would keep it to myself.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #6892
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Another %$#&'n 11hr shift today. This in spite of having more people in on Thursdays and Fridays. But of course we have others that have to keave for other jobs, or who weren't even scheduled so got to leave early, etc. And I get stuck until even after our 7-4 girl leaves. I swear that place would fall apart without me. Because no one else would be there to do the work.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #6893
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

My sister recently had a hip replacement due to having evascular necrosis in it and now she just found out she has necrosis in her ankle.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #6894
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

*Long string of swearing*

So now what??? I don't think any amount of "write and call your representative and sign this petitions!" is going to do sh*t.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:37 PM   #6895
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Nope. The only thing to do is make note of who voted, how, and when they're up for re-election.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #6896
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Which would be late next year, which frankly is too long to wait. Though, on one hand, it should be long enough for the people who initially agreed on these things to realize they fvcked up...
Old 05-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #6897
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
*Long string of swearing*

So now what??? I don't think any amount of "write and call your representative and sign this petitions!" is going to do sh*t.
Of all the things that need to be focused on that should be bigger priorities, they choose to focus on that.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #6898
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Which would be late next year, which frankly is too long to wait. Though, on one hand, it should be long enough for the people who initially agreed on these things to realize they fvcked up...
That would be super nice, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Of all the things that need to be focused on that should be bigger priorities, they choose to focus on that.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #6899
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

How about if we just stop talking about politics in this thread for good? I'm sick of hearing about it and there's already a thread about this discussion in the Current Events section.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #6900
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Not a gear grinder exactly but a neccessary "evil" to deal with this weekend- declaring war on all bugs in the apartment. Flea season has hit full force and they are eating our kitties alive. Angel especially seems to have them bad and is tearing her neck up scratching. On top of that we have been getting roaches lately from somewhere so now I have to eradicate those too. We never had any problems with them before so I don't know what the deal is but they are getting into the catfood bowl. Not cool.