The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #1101
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
It doesn't matter who I traded it to, because I got two great games I know I'll play [and a replacement memory card] in exchange for a hunk of plastic I used maybe twice in the entire almost 20 years I owned it. So like I said, don't ****ing judge me on that trade, I will get rid of something if it sits around that long unused. I contemplated asking if anyone here wanted it, BUT I didn't even have all the stuff it came with so I knew I'd be ripping off whoever got it from me.
Lol what? Get the stick out of your ass, kid. I wasn't judging YOU personally, I hate when stores f*ck people willingly and knowingly. It's a common occurrence around retro stuff and it's gross. You got two greatest hits/player's choice versions of $10 games and a $5 memory card for a $90-$100 piece of hardware. That's scummy. It's the same reason I wish people would stop shopping and/or dealing at EB/Gamestop. They're f*cking crooks.

If you're willing to get jacked by some douche and defend it, that's good for you. I'll keep my "give a f*ck" meter for you concerns set to zero from now on.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #1102
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Dude, the Nomad is a piece of ****. You get two hours of gameplay on a system you can't even take anywhere because it's too big and bulky to fit in a pocket. It's absolutely useless.

And did I mention all I brought in was the console?
Old 07-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #1103
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I wish people would stop shopping and/or dealing at EB/Gamestop. They're f*cking crooks.
This. All of it.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #1104
Powder
So tired of this place

The last time I went to Gamestop I told the dude I was gonna go to Wal-mart & he had the audacity to try & preach about how they screw people over.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #1105
snake
Disgusting

As much as I hate F*CKING GAMESTOP I have a buddy there who helps me get amiibo. Haven't bought a game there in ages.

Amazon is my number 1 stop for buying games.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #1106
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

So a while ago, I took my NES and SNES controllers apart and cleaned them with 99% isopropyl alcohol. The start buttons on all of them had become unresponsive, and cleaning the contacts seemed to fix that problem. The NES controllers are still working well, but the start buttons on the SNES controllers went bad again after a few weeks.

I cleaned the SNES controllers a couple of times, and they work really well for a while, but the start buttons eventually become unresponsive again. What do you think is going on? Do you think the contacts are worn out?
Old 07-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #1107
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Latest Purchase
Old 07-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #1108
raph27
Mad Scientist

People should never sell things to Gamestop. Back when the 3DS came out, one of my friends sold them two DS Lites, a Wii Fit board, and a bunch of DS and Wii games. He still had to pay a lot more for the 3DS.

So I did the opposite and sold my DS Lite for $100 online. GameStop said they would've given me $9 for it.

But they are good for amiibo. I'll give them that.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #1109
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
It's the same reason I wish people would stop shopping and/or dealing at EB/Gamestop. They're f*cking crooks.
True, but last year when I traded a sh*t ton of stuff towards getting my PS4 and XB1, I lucked out because I was getting decent trade value for games that would've been otherwise traded for less

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #1110
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Lol what? Get the stick out of your ass, kid. I wasn't judging YOU personally.

If you're willing to get jacked by some douche and defend it, that's good for you. I'll keep my "give a f*ck" meter for you concerns set to zero from now on.
In Netkeeper's defense, Peanut, no one's going to take kindly to someone telling them they "got f*cking hosed, dawg." Really doesn't sit well with the ego.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #1111
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

and it's not like i can go back in time and change it...

i apologise the first time i tried selling something by myself i ****ed up because i can't mentally comprehend the value of numbers lmfao i guess

to me i was just trading an item i never used for items i will most certainly use. and you have full permission to beat the **** out of me in 20 years if i havent used them more than twice
Old 07-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #1112
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi View Post
In Netkeeper's defense, Peanut, no one's going to take kindly to someone telling them they "got f*cking hosed, dawg." Really doesn't sit well with the ego.
Point is well taken, but I'd rather he have a bruised ego and make a more educated decision next time than learn nothing and be f*cked again down the line. I have to admit that I always like receiving advice and criticism when I f*ck up, which I realize isn't something most people want to hear. No one learns from being coddled. I probably came off harsher than I could have, but it's not like I called him a moron and kicked dirt on shoes either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
True, but last year when I traded a sh*t ton of stuff towards getting my PS4 and XB1, I lucked out because I was getting decent trade value for games that would've been otherwise traded for less
Occasionally you can get a decent deal with their "minimum trade value" when it comes to bulk trades for hardware discounts if you're smart, but that's rare and their day-to-day business is scummy as f*ck. And even still, you traded in a sh*t ton of stuff that probably cost you exponentially more than a new PS4/X1 would ever cost you. I realize values change, but I can never get over handing someone sh*t I paid good money for in return for pennies on the dollar. Never.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #1113
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Point is well taken, but I'd rather he have a bruised ego and make a more educated decision next time than learn nothing and be f*cked again down the line. I have to admit that I always like receiving advice and criticism when I f*ck up, which I realize isn't something most people want to hear. No one learns from being coddled. I probably came off harsher than I could have, but it's not like I called him a moron and kicked dirt on shoes either.
i honestly wouldn't have minded if you had pmed it to me. i felt like i was being publicly humiliated which i know wasnt your intention.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #1114
Peanut
Second Gear

Publicly humiliated in a thread that draws like 5-6 regulars, in one of the least populated sections of the forum, where pretty much everyone is friends anyways?

Like, I get it and I'm sorry you felt that way, but you gotta trust that the people you know here aren't like that. At least a little bit. I'd hate for you to have gotten the kind of comments I regularly see on collectors forums.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #1115
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

i know, i'm just easily embarrassed when i mess up. which is all the time.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #1116
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Occasionally you can get a decent deal with their "minimum trade value" when it comes to bulk trades for hardware discounts if you're smart, but that's rare and their day-to-day business is scummy as f*ck. And even still, you traded in a sh*t ton of stuff that probably cost you exponentially more than a new PS4/X1 would ever cost you. I realize values change, but I can never get over handing someone sh*t I paid good money for in return for pennies on the dollar. Never.
Lol this is true

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #1117
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
i know, i'm just easily embarrassed when i mess up. which is all the time.
Untrue... (you don't mess up all the time) I think you should have gotten a better deal, but life is life and trading something out you never use for things you will enjoy is not a loss in my opinion. Life is full of should haves but bottom line is you have something enjoyable now so that is the good news!

Sorry guys that I've been kinda absent... I started my new job last week at (drum roll please....) my favorite game store! Yay! I love it but I'm exhausted all the time now, lol. I'm working 40+ hours each week, but it's a good tired. I've gotten some really awesome stuff recently (1 thing was FREAKING AMAZING AND FREE!!!) but I don't want to just say it, I want to post a pic... so I promise I'll get to it... I promise. I'm just too tired to do it now plus I've got a bunch of smaller things to post too. I swear I probably will just spend half my paycheck from the store AT the store, lol. So far though I have mostly just bought stuff by trading in duplicates, product from my flea market business, etc. so it hasn't been to bad, yet.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:47 AM   #1118
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Good to hear it's working out so far, if hectic for you DTC. How many things from my warning list have occurred so far?!
Old 07-18-2015, 11:40 AM   #1119
Peanut
Second Gear

A couple more months and I'll be free to spend my spare cash however I please! First thing I'm doing is buying Gargoyle's Quest II on the NES. Don't care if I pay sh*tty eBay premium! IT'S HAPPENING!
Old 07-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #1120
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
At the bottom of that Gauntlet II box is a notice, partly obscured: "...may only be used with the Mattel or [...] versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System."

...There was a Mattel version of the Nintendo Entertainment System?

Tags
classics, nostalgia, peanut, video games