The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #2801
AquaParade
Banned

Hey Bobby,

Any thoughts on the Batman x TMNT animated film?
Did you know about this before we did? Do you see it opening any doors for an IDW adaption one day?

Speaking of which, have to wonder if this version of the TMNT will have the IDW origin.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #2802
daggio
Foot Soldier

Is it a safe bet that there will be another TMNT/Usagi crossover in the future?
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #2803
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hey Bobby,

Any thoughts on the Batman x TMNT animated film?
Did you know about this before we did? Do you see it opening any doors for an IDW adaption one day?

Speaking of which, have to wonder if this version of the TMNT will have the IDW origin.
Yeah, I had heard about it a while back, but that's about it. I'm not privy to any behind the scenes stuff, doubly so as the Batman/TMNT books are run through DC Editorial. If it's a big success, I imagine it's possible to open more doors! But I speak from a place of ignorance, I don't know what ti would take for Nickelodeon to make a TMNT films based on IDW.

Hope it turns out good!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #2804
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Is it a safe bet that there will be another TMNT/Usagi crossover in the future?
It all depends on Stan's interest, I think!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #2805
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
But I speak from a place of ignorance, I don't know what ti would take for Nickelodeon to make a TMNT films based on IDW.
They have the full rights to do anything they want with whatever new stories, characters and concepts you come up with though, don't they?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #2806
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yep! That's correct.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:40 AM   #2807
Chet
Thug

Will "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection Volume 7" be the last in the series, or will it continue?

Either way I've finished the first 6, and they're awesome, thanks for making them available in this format! (I have the hardcovers)
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #2808
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I haven't heard any plans for anything after Vol. 7. But I thought Vol. 6 was going to be the last too!
Old 03-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #2809
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Do you know if TMNT will be affected by IDW's investor situation?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #2810
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Investor situation?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #2811
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ok, just read that article. Some things to keep in mind, if i'm reading it correctly:

-This is one guy who represents a 10% controlling interest in the company. A long way to go from anything resembling a majority.

-He's talking about IDW Entertainment partnering with (or yes, being bought by) a larger entertainment company to better leverage IDW's existing IP into more money.

So, in short, this is one guy amongst many, he's not speaking for everyone, or even the majority, on the board of investors. And what he's describing doesn't have anything to do with the publishing branch, especially the side of it dealing with licenses. The profits from our licensed books enable us to take chances on more unknown/risky original IP books, and this guy's goal is to have more original IP, so i'm not seeing any reason to suspect a book like TMNT would in any way be affected.

Now, companies get bought and sold all the time and new owners can have new ways of doing things. But from my understanding, there is zero reason to think any of that is happening. This is one guy stating publicly the direction he thinks the company should go in and that's it.

It should be stated that I got into comics to get away from big business type stuff, so my comprehension of the ins and outs of business is lacking. Maybe i'm missing something. But that's my take on it!
Old 03-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #2812
ChosenOne
Banned

That's a relief! Still, a question that originated from pondering this whole thing: if IDW were ever to cancel TMNT for whatever reason, do you imagine you guys would be informed with enough advance to wrap things up neatly? Do you think you would be more likely to get one big, epic final arc and go out with a bang, or just make do with what you get and end it at a comparatively uneventful (and possibly underwhelming) point, like the early #60's?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:41 PM   #2813
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think it would depend entirely on the specifics of the hypothetical situation. But yes, i'd like to think we'd be given enough rope to at least do another arc beyond wherever we are at the given time. But it would all depend on when that notice came. If we got word around, say, issue #57 that we had to end the series in 5 issues, that would have put us in a difficult spot where we would kind of have to ignore things we had planned or just introduced, like Bishop or the Triceratons or Leatherhead. Whereas if we were informed around issue #46, then no big deal, we stop at #50. All depends where in the rhythm of the story we are.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #2814
Igglet

Somewhat related to that, I was actually wondering if you were still planning on doing the mega-arcs every 50 issues, with everything that happens after #100 leading up to #150, etc. etc. or are you planning on doing something different? Sorry if this is a question you can't answer yet!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #2815
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Right now we're still focused on #100!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #2816
Igglet

Fair enough, thanks!
Old 03-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #2817
CyberCubed
Overlord

Speaking on that will there be less spreading out or teases of plots that won't happen years in advance, simply because now we don't know how much longer the series will go on for? Like for example how long the teases for Leatherhead, Bishop and Ch'rell (and Null) went on for before we actually got proper showcasing of them and their storylines...and the latter two like Ch'rell/Null still feel like they're on the shelf for the future that we won't get to for another few years yet. A lot of stuff seems like it's teases for stuff we have to wait years to get to as we've seen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #2818
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

In terms of "we don't know how much longer the series will go on for", that's always been the case. We've always had plans for these 50 issue chunks but it's never been a given that we'd last that long.

With that being the case, I wouldn't expect too major a shift in storytelling style from the creative team. A lot of the things that you're citing are things we intended to get to sooner but the natural flow of the story, or outside circumstances, changed things a bit. So maybe there will be less of that moving forward, but as there's no major changes planned to how we do things, no guarantees on that front!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:52 AM   #2819
neatoman
Emperor

Hi Bobby, I have a question regarding the Dragon. In the second issue of Shredder in Hell, we see a green skinned dragon, with purple frills and what seems to be three eyes. When Kitsune described the talked about their father with the pantheon, there was a depiction of a red dragon behind her. Before she painted blue-green dragon with yellow frills. And finally, Karai talked to a white dragon with blue frills and tigerlike features.

My question is, are they all meant to be the Dragon of the pantheon and why does it vary so much in appearence if that's the case? (And does the one in SiH really have three eyes?).
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #2820
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

1) open to artist interpretation

and

2) All we've seen previous to #2 are imaginings and visions, things variable to shifts depending on the audience.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz