The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #21
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
You can add to cart, but once you check out says no longer available
Yep, same thing i see when i try to check out
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #22
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I wouldn’t worry. They can essentially run this forever now correct?

I’d just wait and get an answer from NECA. Hopefully they will continue to restock.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:17 AM   #23
bwwd
Hench Mutant

If a lot of peope will buy these then theres bigger chance for more stuff from TMNT movies by NECA.Im happy more people can get these, sure we did pay a bit more but were first to own them , gamestop buyers have to wait so that counts as well.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #24
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
To all the scalpers & elitist collectors who bitterly insisted these would remain their little extra special exclusive, I have this to say: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AWESOME!

No biggie about the pizza & ooze, someone could always resin cast those for us...

I definitely won't argue on NECA's behalf anymore. They straight up lied!

But anywho . . .

Watch those folk selling on eBay drop those prices quickly LOL! Some have already started.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #25
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah I know business is business but what an odd decision for Neca to have lied about this when the reveal was coming up so soon.

Not a good look.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:43 AM   #26
Donnie
Something from the Past

Do you guys think they'll restock? I missed these by a few hours. Never before has "you snooze, you lose" felt more true!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #27
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I wouldn’t worry. They can essentially run this forever now correct?

I’d just wait and get an answer from NECA. Hopefully they will continue to restock.
I don't see why not. If Playmates collects a royalty on every figure sold, why would they limit how many could be sold?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #28
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I don't see why not. If Playmates collects a royalty on every figure sold, why would they limit how many could be sold?
Hope you're right. These things sold out in under 12 hours. And I just wanted Donatello & Michelangelo.

To quote Raphael... DAMN!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #29
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It's the old Playmates motto, why collect royalties when we can bar them and sell our cheap ass crap. Not saying that's what is happening but Playmates are dicks and I wouldn't put it past them, that one and done
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #30
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah I know business is business but what an odd decision for Neca to have lied about this when the reveal was coming up so soon.

Not a good look.
Seriously. This news has me on the ceiling. This was a total bait and switch. First Neca over hyped the presale and told us that these figures were one of a kind and would never be remade, then they went to twitter to specifically state and shoot down rumors that said these were coming to Gamestop, then they delay shipments to the point where some folks still haven't gotten their sets in, and after all that they come out and say "Hey, you know those tmnt movie figures you ordered from us and were led to believe that they were super special and there would never be anything else like it againl? Well...I hate to pull the rug out from under you guys, but....NOT!!! *Yoink*

I am mad as hell right now. I'm mad that I spent $250 on my set and diorama when I could have gotten a single set for $88 and change. I'm mad that I bought a set for my girlfriend as a two year anniversary gift only to have to tell her the news that these figures aren't so one of a kind anymore. And I absolutely hate that I had to find all of this out less than a month after I got these figures from Neca.

I'll tell you one thing that will come out of this, and that is I will never ever buy into another one of their presales. I'm done. I can't trust them anymore and I certainly can't take them at their word. So why bother? They played me. Hell they played us all.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #31
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Well that came and went before I even noticed.

Those who were mad at me for daring to question NECA’s motives or methods are eating their words now!

I will try to buy some if I hear more proportionally about well done figures and not defective ones.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #32
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Great news! So, who wants to help an international brother out to get these? I can't access the US GameStop site...
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #33
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Great news! So, who wants to help an international brother out to get these? I can't access the US GameStop site...
I think DevilSpooky did by using a proxy or something
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #34
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Well that came and went before I even noticed.

Those who were mad at me for daring to question NECA’s motives or methods are eating their words now!

I will try to buy some if I hear more proportionally about well done figures and not defective ones.

Yeah, some people here try to act like they know everything when it comes to this stuff, lol

Hopefully, there will be some that show up inside the Gamestop stores because the more I see them, the more I want them, lol
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:53 AM   #35
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
I'm mad that I bought a set for my girlfriend as a two year anniversary gift only to have to tell her the news that these figures aren't so one of a kind anymore.
Just out of curiosity, what did you consider the gift to your girlfriend-- the toys or the exclusivity.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:15 AM   #36
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
I am mad as hell right now. I'm mad that I spent $250 on my set and diorama when I could have gotten a single set for $88 and change.
Then why did you buy a diorama set and not just the 4-pack that was $125.

Ans the diorama still have a exclusive paint job.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:36 AM   #37
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Randy is at a Gamestop Managers Convention from what he said on twitter last night
Old 08-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #38
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

A buddy of mine is a Gamestop manager, and the moment they revealed this, he sent me a text saying that the rumors are true, and the preorders were live. I very quickly jumped in the car and drove out to get them preordered. I'm still feeling all tingly inside!
Old 08-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #39
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Randy have said on Twitter that they only have licens In us and Australia so fore all the people outside USA i will recomend to have a look at popculture they have the game stop exclusive pennywise and will Get this gamestop exclusive AS well.its just take a littel longer since us Get 1 priorety and its a easy site to order from so shoued be less hassel fore you than buying from some scalpter state side unless you want to give away you money fore more work that is.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #40
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Just out of curiosity, what did you consider the gift to your girlfriend-- the toys or the exclusivity.

I bought the set for my GF because she is a huge tmnt fan and she used to love watching the movie with her older sister when the two of them were little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Then why did you buy a diorama set and not just the 4-pack that was $125.

Ans the diorama still have a exclusive paint job.
I ended up getting the diorama because that was all I could secure at the time. I didn't get the set for my GF until after the presale was over from a guy who gave it to me at cost.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote