The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #121
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Of all the Spider-Man movies. I think this is the best Spider-Man Movie ever! Be sure to stay for the After Credit Scene. Which is great.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #122
AquaParade
Banned

I agree with TigerClaw - the after credit's scene is pretty good.

But minor side note (and personal anecdote): I feel like over the last couple years, I've heard "best end credit scene ever!!" for nearly every comic book movie released.

This is a generalization, but it annoys the heck out of me.

I can hardly remember the last time I actually thought an end-credit scene was even worth staying for - yet I always do based on some hyped-up promise and anxiety about missing something good. I'd like if people stopped using hyperbole to describe what is essentially a "tag" that doesn't fit within the movie itself. To add insult to injury, the only one that sticks out in my mind, is Justice League's Deathstroke tease (Sorry to spoil, but it's been a year), which was pretty exciting, yet essentially amounts to a case of "blue balls". Sorry, I really couldn't think of a better way to articulate it, at the moment.

That said, this one was fairly enjoyable, and possibly the most enjoyment I've gotten out of an end-credit's scene that I can't remember. The bar isn't really set that high though, in my opinion. From now on, I'll probably stop staying for end-credit scenes and just consider them an extra treat to anticipate with the home-release.

Erm, except for Captain Marvel, where I feel like there is potential for something that ties into Avengers 4. Damn you, Mahvel!

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-17-2018 at 09:33 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #123
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I can't stop thinking about this movie.

All year i've been chompin' at the bit for Aquaman, yet here I am, mere days away... and all I'm thinking about is the damn Spiderverse
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #124
AquaParade
Banned

At this point, I think “Far From Home” has a lot to prove with hardcore comicbook fan. Most of the chatter from people seeing this is that they prefer it over Homecoming (it’s about a tie for me, personally).

I do have to say for myself, that while I really enjoyed Homecoming, it didn’t have every ingredient to make a perfect Spider-Man film, in my eyes, so “FFH” has a lot to prove to me as well.

I don’t mean to knock on FFH, but it’s possibly the least I’ve ever been excited for an upcoming Spider-Man live action film. Maybe because I’ve been blessed with so many, maybe it’s because Avengers 4 is stealing my attention, or maybe the plot synopsis and his return from apparent death are just rubbing me wrong. Maybe I feel like Marvel is ignoring the tragic aspect of Peter’s life. It’s hard to say.

I’m still greatly anticipating FFH, but relative to other Spider-Man films it feels very tame. That said, I’m open to having my mind changed. I just think Marvel will have to work hard here to prove they still deserve Spider-Man.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #125
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

How long do I have to wait before saying this is my favorite superhero movie of all time without it sounding reactionary and chalk full of hype?

Because I've seen it twice now, second time in 3D(the only movie I preferred in 3D), and planning on seeing it a third time over the weekend. It's such a fresh, unique experience that speaks to what it means to be a superhero and serves to inspire us to be the best version of ourselves.

If anyones holding off to check it out on Netflix or whatever, do yourself a favour and go see it. Drop any preconceived notions of it being Sony or a cheap cash-in and just go see it. It's really a special movie - and if you'd have told me I'd be saying that a week ago I'd have thought you were crazy. But I truly can't remember the last time I've felt so childish and giddy over a movie.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #126
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Spider-Man is straight, but 'Into the Spider Verse' is a coming-out story":

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...IACrGHEF8XIwpg
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #127
Sumac
Banned

Is Chicago tribune that desperate for the clicks of hipsters?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #128
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Seen this 4 times already. Can’t remember the last movie I did that with.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:03 AM   #129
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Spider-Man is straight, but 'Into the Spider Verse' is a coming-out story":

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...IACrGHEF8XIwpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.
That sucks.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #130
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Into the SpiderVerse won the Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/be...eature-1173805
Old 01-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #131
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Great news, proves Miles has arrived.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:03 AM   #132
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
That sucks.
Pretty telling when European countries -- or any countries -- feel the need to block news outlets from other countries. Like, wtf...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:00 AM   #133
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I don't understand the hype for this movie, it was only okay at best. Though I did find the alternate versions of Spiderman so much more interesting then Miles. So give me a Spidergwen movie, Spiderpig movie, etc.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #134
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Pretty telling when European countries -- or any countries -- feel the need to block news outlets from other countries. Like, wtf...
The weird thing is that I can actually access the Chicago Tribune (even that article) by simply using a VPN and google. I just can't access it by clicking the link.

Anyway, there is some controversy regarding the movie here in Sweden. The age rating set by the distributors was deemed too low according to Medierådet (Council of Media). So they want to to raise it from 7 and up to 11 and up, presumably because of the gun related death.

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/bra...om-spider-man/
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #135
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I don't understand the hype for this movie, it was only okay at best. Though I did find the alternate versions of Spiderman so much more interesting then Miles. So give me a Spidergwen movie, Spiderpig movie, etc.
I won't speak for you, but I think the hype/expectations/word of mouth just went to unreachable levels.

I love the movie, but I can see why some would end up leaving a little lukewarm on it, after the reception it's received.

I'd say the animation is wonderfully energetic and innovative, the characters are likeable, it has a lot of great laughs. Plot was solid, but also felt a bit rushed. So for me, it's definitely a win. Not even my favorite Spider-Man movie though.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:37 PM   #136
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It won a Golden Globe for best animation.

Can other Spiderman movies compare? Nope!

This is hands down best Spiderman movie so far, others can go home now.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #137
AquaParade
Banned

I prefer Spider-Man 2.

This is a good movie though. Can’t wait for the home release.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 AM   #138
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Incredibles 2 should have won that Golden Globe.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #139
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Incredibles 2 should have won that Golden Globe.
How is this relevant to the thread? And no, it shouldn't have.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #140
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
How is this relevant to the thread? And no, it shouldn't have.
Yeah... it wasn't that great, at least not as good asthe e first.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boycottspiderverse, into the cuckverse, my sjw sense is tingling, spider-man