The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #161
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Have any other bootlegs popped up? If they get inexpensive enough, imagine the cool customs![/QUOTE]

That'd be pretty cool. I'm thinking a dark looking future/ SAiNW Raphael style, with a removable beard lol.

[QUOTE=***First of Two Latin Kings***;1785836]Alright. You want to air dirty laundry? Let's do it.

Lame. I'm pretty sure no one cares. Also I'm pretty sure the majority of the members here are NOT going to give you thanks and praise for posting about your scalping.
Try understanding that for moment.

So maybe you should just give it a rest.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #162
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Ooh la la.

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #163
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Lame. I'm pretty sure no one cares. Also I'm pretty sure the majority of the members here are NOT going to give you thanks and praise for posting about your scalping.
Try understanding that for moment.

So maybe you should just give it a rest.
I was simply stating the facts in case anyone cared. I felt I owed myself that much after he came into this thread and trashed me completely unprovoked.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #164
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

We haven't talked socially in a long time now LatinKing, but you can't disagree that you do really enjoy mocking folks in this community at every opportunity you have...

I know you don't care because this isn't where you make your bread and butter anymore, but you can't deny that you enjoy pointing out being superior from everyone else here because you're better at bargain hunting... I mean if that's what gets you through your day then just come to terms with that being your only redeeming skill.

If my primary source of income was scalping I guess I would excel at keyword searches and make sure to get my friends and family to buy extra sets of limited quantity items on my behalf too... (I wouldn't of course go advertising it though) I mean... I can't knock it I guess other then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without taking a scalding hot shower to wipe the scummy feeling from myself. But the hours are great, you are basically your own boss, and you don't have to pay taxes. You literally have no physical contact to the customers too which believe me I would LOVE in my line of work! It all certainly has it's perks. Being well liked however, isn't one of them. So why not try and be pleasant and thankful for those who are accepting to it instead of being a condescending jerk all the time?

It's not like I don't get it I guess. As a rule scalpers aren't very well liked. Even so I still don't understand why you continue to burn your bridges with everyone here and alienate your customer base even further. It's very true that you antagonize members here and gloat about the money you make reselling which is certainly in poor taste. I understand you don't buy at wholesale so it's necessary to have a mark up to make it worth your while, but you don't have to be such a needle in peoples sides all the time and intentionally try to piss everyone off. Especially the ones who have no choice but to go to a scalper, because instead of you, they will easily go elsewhere. I'm sure that's why you no longer do much business on here despite trying... I see you post in the flea market section all the time trying to bait for business but you're more then often ignored.

If it weren't for your international buyers you always rave about it sounds like you would be up sh*ts creek... that's all I'm saying. I just don't get it...

I only mention all of this because it seems like EVERY TIME I come to this forum (which is what... once a month? maybe twice a month?) It seems every thread having to do with merch has this long argument with you at the center of it clogging up the actual conversation.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 12-16-2018 at 12:23 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #165
Will not be censored

You and others keep using the word "scummy" which I don't understand since none of the sets were stolen or counterfeit. The few people who did order sets for me had children and step-children to support so they were grateful for the extra income. All of the people who sold me their extra sets on eBay were grateful to recoup what they could towards the total purchase. All of the international eBay buyers/people overseas who only wanted one or two turtles were grateful for my service and chose to order from me because of my stellar reputation on there. As much as NECA might like to think they can control what is done with their product after the customer buys it, they cannot, and I suspect their threat to cancel the orders of anyone whose zip code matched up with the zip code of a listing on eBay was an empty one to simply satisfy the petty people in this fandom/on these boards who cannot stand to see ANYONE benefit in a way that they are not benefitting-- the green-eyed monster is especially infamous for rearing it's ugly head in this fandom community.

Scalping and bargain hunting are not the only skills I posess; I do whatever honest, legal work I can to pay my way through life; I do not demand a hand-out from other fans to spend on frivolous things as I have seen others here do. I find it amusing that all I did was state facts and it got people worked up so bad that those same people are still worked up four months later. I suspect as the cost of luxury items goes up, the hate for people who make extra income doing what I do will only increase. I am however convinced that the conversation here doesn't make me "scummy," as I have already explained that all parties involved benefited and were treated more than fairly. If you believe otherwise than you're a child. If you think NECA's limit served any purpose other than as propaganda to appease what their moles have informed them to be a petty community, you're naive.

This has been a fun and entertaining experiment, and I sincerely thank all of you who chose to participate.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 12-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #166
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

For the "scummy" comments-- scalpers, even with legit product, are often thought of as scummy. Your attitude doesn't help things.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #167
Will not be censored

You're still talking connotation rather than denotation. I have no use for connotation.
Quote:

Old 12-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #168
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

See? Great example.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #169
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I have already explained that all parties involved benefited and were treated more than fairly. If you believe otherwise than you're a child.”
So what you were trying to do to Bart Allen wasn’t “scummy”?
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #170
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Ouch. Yeah, that's pretty scummy.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #171
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Holy crap.

I thought the “I won, suck it losers!” was bad, but it get so much worse. Talk about weird.

How is this guy not banned? Have all mods abandoned this place, aside from Krang’s yearly visit? I don’t care whether he gets banned or not, but if there is any reason to be, that thread would be it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #172
Will not be censored

He sold me a defective item and then denied it. How does that make me scum/make me deserve a ban?
Quote:

Old 12-18-2018, 06:29 AM   #173
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
He sold me a defective item and then denied it. How does that make me scum/make me deserve a ban?
If it's was so defective, why didn't you list that in your own listing when reselling the figure?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:44 AM   #174
AquaParade
Banned

That screenshot of his eBay feedback really needs to go in the buy/sell section.

Still can’t get over “I won! Suck it losers!!”

Who does that? Straight out of a comedy.

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-18-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #175
Will not be censored

I re-listed it because it was an issue of the hand being loose, something most people would have just fixed with a drop of super glue. When the buyer came after me for an $8 refund (which he successfully extorted) I explained the situation to Bart Allen who was unsympathetic and uncooperative.

Quote:

I really don't understand your issue with me (we did a lot of business in the past) outside of the fact that I sent you a set of Playmates Classics Collection Movie TMNT figures to do customs for us to sell and split the money since I have always thought you were a good artist, and not only did you never do the project but you wouldn't return the figures until I posted a thread here asking for advice regarding how I should go forward with the situation. Another instance of someone being in the wrong and somehow successfully putting his own spin on what happened in order to make me out to be the villain. Then you proceeded to spam my listings with $2 offers on $30 figures.
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 12-18-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #176
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I re-listed it because it was an issue of the hand being loose, something most people would have just fixed with a drop of super glue. When the buyer came after me for an $8 refund (which he successfully extorted) I explained the situation to Bart Allen who was unsympathetic and uncooperative.
Did you not inspect the figure before flipping it while the losers were sucking? Speaking of, what exactly were you wanting the losers to suck?

Sounds like you sold a faulty product, and the buyer was due his refund. If you would have noticed the faulty hand joint prior to flipping, Bart probably would've been more apt to help. Of course, you bragging that you had already flipped it for a profit probably didn't help out the situation. Womp womp.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #177
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Had he not been such an obvious jerk on the forums, I probably would've bought from him a few times. Remember when he was "fixing" the Raph trench coats that were intentionally ragged from NECA? He wasn't disclosing this on eBay and selling them as new. Slimier than mutagen, I tell ya.

Coro is a much better option for ordering merch, if you want to give your business to fans.

Have any other bootlegs popped up? If they get inexpensive enough, imagine the cool customs!

Thanks for the plug! Back to the popcorn and theatre

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #178
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I really don't understand your issue with me (we did a lot of business in the past) outside of the fact that I sent you a set of Playmates Classics Collection Movie TMNT figures to do customs for us to sell and split the money since I have always thought you were a good artist, and not only did you never do the project but you wouldn't return the figures until I posted a thread here asking for advice regarding how I should go forward with the situation. Another instance of someone being in the wrong and somehow successfully putting his own spin on what happened in order to make me out to be the villain. Then you proceeded to spam my listings with $2 offers on $30 figures.
Stuff doesn’t go away so try and talk your way out of this. Quit trying to kiss my ass too because you straight out trashed my work in this thread. Are you by chance bipolar because then at least this would all make sense.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58312

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 12-18-2018 at 06:43 PM.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #179
Will not be censored

I trashed the small amount of work you did on the bases I sent you if I remember correctly-- I have never trashed your personal projects. You're the one who has behaved like someone with bipolar disorder. I am NOT trying to kiss your ass. You are the one who behaved badly with regards to the bases I sent you for customization, and now you are trying to twist things.

Here is the link to prove that I praised your prior work (there are no edits to my posts).

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57377

I realize this is probably going to fall on deaf ears, but I was good to this guy. I hosted numerous pictures of his customs on my photobucket for him when all he had was a cell phone to photograph them and then copied all the links so he could share them here. I sold him fodder dirt cheap to use for customs, even taking a loss on shipping in some cases. I will probably never be able to justify helping another artist to get off the ground after how I was treated as a result. I had forgotten that his resentment and disrespect began after I refused to sell him 7 of the 8 collector's case figures for $175.
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 12-19-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #180
AquaParade
Banned

Latin Kings,

Don’t you see a pattern here? How many people have had issues with you on this forum?

The more people that come out of the woodwork, the smaller the chances that everyone you’ve disputed with are just being bullies and/or treating you unfairly.

Whether you see it that way or not, maybe it’s time to just play nice. Things were pretty civil until you started antagonizing, out of the blue, last week.
Why start it up again? It’s best to just leave it all behind and we can all be friendly.