The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:35 AM   #21
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonfox38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Garbageman will be back too: he'll be in the earth's core.
And the Turtles will have to use the Technodrome to drill down to it!!
Brilliant!

Quote:
Oh and ho do you know that he'll be back? Did they put Season 3 up yet on www.ninjaturtles.com ?
I'm just speculating, since you know, he fell deeper into the earth then the ocean and he didn't die. It only makes sense that he'll be back and in the centre of the earth.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:39 AM   #22
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist

Geez.. should I be looking forward to this episode in the next 2 hours?
Old 04-03-2004, 08:40 AM   #23
Wes
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ill
Geez.. should I be looking forward to this episode in the next 2 hours?
Nope. If you're tired, take the opportunity to lay down. Sleep in. Seriously.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:41 AM   #24
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist

Well, I have seen every episode to date (minus the first ten minutes of Return to New York Part 3)..
Old 04-03-2004, 08:43 AM   #25
Phandral
Random Punk

I'm noticing that the better episodes of the new TMNT seem to be based off the old Mirage comics... and that well will eventually run dry (although I'm not familiar with the Mirage comics much after the "Return to NY" saga). Not to say that to non-continuity eps. haven't been too bad, but they haven't been great either. Personally, I think if 4 Kids didn't have the old Mirage to fall back on, the series would be "Meh."

Someone said it before and I agree whole heartedly: "This is what happens when you take the 'Ninja" out of Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". That was the kind of thing that killed the majority of the old show...but I guess you can't score a hit EVERY weekend
Old 04-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #26
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Well, it's really not that bad. Nothing particularly impressive, but nothing particularly offensive either.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:06 AM   #27
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Yeah, I would have to agree that this was a crappy episode. Their was pretty much no development in the overall story, besides the underwater Shell Cell. However, I did like two parts. Well their more like lines from Mikey than parts.

-"Aren't you a little short to be a junktrooper?" haha. Star Wars reference
-"To the Shell Cell, Boy Wonder!" lol. Mikey as Batman?

Overall, pretty bad episode. I really didn't like the first Garbageman episode to begin with, so this one didn't excite me that much. Next week's the Golden Puck I believe, a Casey centered episode. We haven't had one of those since 'Angel'. Wow. That's a long time.

P.S. I too was scared to death that Hung was on the Fox Box this week, and I will be next week too. Good thing I taped the show while I was in bed. I just fast forward past that annoying Asian guy. hehe
Old 04-03-2004, 09:28 AM   #28
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Who the hell is that Hung guy or whatever? What's his deal. Did he do something special or something? I just want to know why he was hosting the Foxbox.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Old 04-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #29
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
Who the hell is that Hung guy or whatever? What's his deal. Did he do something special or something? I just want to know why he was hosting the Foxbox.
He's some no talent loser who got made fun of on American Idol and lost, and somehow got a record deal. I guess the record company is thinking the old addage "so bad it's good" is going to make him a star. As for why he's hosting the Fox box, it's because Fox is stupid and is hoping he will bring in viewers I guess.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #30
X
Stone Warrior

I liked the episode to tell the truth. I'm so tired of seeing to be continued this, to be conitnued that. I wanna see an episode where villans actually team up against the Turtles. Otherwise they will always just come back, which will eventually get cliched. The old toon sometimes had villans teaming up, and if this one doesn't I'm never gonna feel like the Turtles are really in any danger.

It boils down to the fact that this show mostly relies on 2, 3, 4, or even 5 parters. That can ok sometimes, but this show really needs some standalone episodes. I so hope the third season actually has more stand alone episodes than to be continued episodes. Reason being cause if I watch them at night sometimes, I want some episodes to just end.

I liked this episode.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #31
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

This espisode wasn't that bad. It was ok, that guy, what's his name? Wang Hung or whatever made the this episode worst. We should blame him for it.

On a side note, does anyone notice there are far more Power Rangers toy commercials than TMNT toy? What's up with that? I saw like 10-20 Power Rangers CM and only 1 TMNT toy CM today.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #32
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Wang Hung?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #33
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

I don't know, I can't remember his name, it was something like Wang Hung.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #34
Wes
Mad Scientist

[quote="Taloniss"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
He's some no talent loser who got made fun of on American Idol and lost, and somehow got a record deal. I guess the record company is thinking the old addage "so bad it's good" is going to make him a star. As for why he's hosting the Fox box, it's because Fox is stupid and is hoping he will bring in viewers I guess.
I think they also like to make fun of him...he probably wouldn't be half as popular if his English weren't so broken and his teeth weren't so crooked. He irritates the shell out of me, but I guess the people who put him on the air are the real bastards here.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Old 04-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #35
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

it is william Hung

this episode had a few funny moments.....especially dealing with Mikey. But overall, it was an average episode.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Old 04-03-2004, 10:36 AM   #36
Splinter
Radical Rat

Well, there's one good thing to be said for this episode. I appreciate Reflections as an episode a lot more now. I didn't mind the first Garbageman episode. In fact it worked. But this one was just awful. And I have a bad feeling he'll be back in Season 3. Hopefully they can salvage a good episode out of his return. Cause this one didn't work.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Old 04-03-2004, 10:36 AM   #37
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Isn't it strange that we are talking more about William Hung than the actual episode?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #38
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Isn't it strange that we are talking more about William Hung than the actual episode?
there is a thread about William hung.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Old 04-03-2004, 10:46 AM   #39
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Finally. An episode that almost no one liked. At least Reflections had AMAZING animation, but THIS...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 04-03-2004, 11:00 AM   #40
Shadow the hedgehog
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchistguy
Finally. An episode that almost no one liked. At least Reflections had AMAZING animation, but THIS...

HmHmHm. I wouldnt say everyone hated it. As a matter of fact, I really enjoyed it. Maybe because the villian had so much power...
Closed Thread