The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2020, 07:54 AM   #921
Turnstone
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I don't know, NECA really knows what they're doing when it comes to get the modern toy collector to double and triple dip. There will be SOMEthing in the Ultimates that will give people that bought the accessory pack pause. Hopefully it's another head or some bandanna tails, or maybe it's a slice of street like they did for the Mirage figures.

Whatever it is, I'd bet money on there being some unique item to get people to pony up one last time.
You’re probably right. I’m sure they will milk it for all it’s worth. I won’t be surprised when they start releasing the kids from the foot headquarters. Can’t wait to get the kid playing pool with a cigar.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #922
AquaParade
Big Boss

I love the street pieces they included with Mirage figures. I don't have a diorama so I use some of those for my movie figure "display".
Yeah, that'd be great to see in the Ultimate releases.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #923
Turnstone
Hench Mutant

I feel like they will definitely do an ultimate line for the first series of toon turtles.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:56 AM   #924
mikey see
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I feel like they will definitely do an ultimate line for the first series of toon turtles.
I honestly hope they redo the turtles. They're nice figures but they don't really match the cartoon nearly as well as the rest of the line (save April) in my opinion. It's obvious they just used what they already had instead of creating something from scratch to match the show.

But yeah I agree, some sort of ultimate version seems likely. Heck, knowing NECA it might be an ultimate release of the current versions, then start the whole thing over again with new sculpts, followed by alt colors, followed by ultimates again.
mikey see is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #925
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I honestly hope they redo the turtles.
A toon turtles accessory pack with four heads that are similar to the 12" Raph head would be great. But honestly, my resentment on the pricing is building - a fifty dollar accessory pack is pretty much outrageous.

Here is what is going to happen with the pricing. The bottom is going to fall out completely. Right now at NECA there are probably two factions - one of them is truly trying to figure out the best pricing, while the other is that kind of grinning bastard who just says in the meetings "hey, the buyers complain about the pricing, but they keep buying, so we keep doing and 'meet the market demand'.

And he's right. All the way up until the bottom falls out completely and BAM! Suddenly one wave of boutique releases and it's all over and there's a ton of loss. That's how these things go. But if the pricing was on the edge of profit and affordable, there'd probably be long, long term money rather than 4 years or so of support where you've pissed everyone off who hung in there with fifty dollar accessory packs. There isn't even remotely enough plastic in those accessory packs to equal one of the regular figures from a two-pack, and a sculptor could crap out some of those cool accessories in 4 hours, man.

I most likely won't dip into the animated 4 brothers again (meaning another release of the turtles) - there'd have to be something - I dunno - I can't imagine what to make me do it. The promo color turtles were a novel idea, but didn't buy 'em. Not at these price points.

I'd be all-in on an "Archie" line. There'd be real value there.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #926
Turnstone
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

I'd be all-in on an "Archie" line. There'd be real value there.
Oh, man. Me, too. An accurate and extensive Archie line is a dream right up there with them finishing the Mirage line.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:33 PM   #927
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

My one wish if they do get to release ultimates of the toon turtles (and knowing NECA and seeing how the line is doing sales wise, I think it's very likely to happen at some point) would be alternate heads to match the style of the opening and first episode, with the more accentuated beak and that line running down the middle. It would also be neat if they did alternate heads styled after the red sky seasons.

Same for the movie turtles. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me want to buy the figures again in ultimate form, but I'm sure NECA will convince when the time comes.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #928
TCRI
Foot Soldier

So what are ultimates exactly?

Are they new sculpts or just existing sculpts bundled with accessories?

Is there a comparison I could search for?
Old 09-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #929
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post

For reference, here's the regular version of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street''s Freddy Krueger, released in 2011:

And here's the ultimate version, released in 2018:

As you can see, it comes in a window box and includes a lot more accessories. In this case, it also features new articulation in the legs.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:13 PM   #930
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post

Resculpts packaged in a window box with lots of accessories as Oculus Orbus mentioned already.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:33 AM   #931
TCRI
Foot Soldier

Nice! Thanks guys!
Old 09-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #932
Splinter's Ear
New Recruit

Stands

Can someone share links for stands for the 1/4 Turtles and a Foot Soldier? The one I bought had a slanted stand that didn't hold it upright.
Splinter's Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #933
inaheap
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter's Ear View Post
Can someone share links for stands for the 1/4 Turtles and a Foot Soldier? The one I bought had a slanted stand that didn't hold it upright.
I got one of these and repainted it black. I made a copy of the foot emblem from my capture of splinter set and modge podged it on. Holds My Shredder pretty good. The only thing is I took mine apart at he base to paint it. It didn't orginally screw back together right. I got it fixed but for a while it kept wanting to come loose and Shredder would fall. I don't think that would have been a problem if I had not taken it apart. If I do another I will paint it without taking it apart. Also I doubt it would go big enough for the turtles though.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Life-A...Doll/515749201

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #934
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You know on that note, I really wish NECA would make rectangular stands for their standard 6" figures instead of just the circular ones that you can find everywhere.

The circular stands make it hard to put these things in an array in a museum style display which normally uses cases with a rectangular footprint.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #935
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I use Kaiser doll stands. Bigger clips for the Turtles:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Smaller clamps for Shredder/Foot:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #936
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Both my movie and toon Caseys still fall over while on the stands lol
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #937
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant

I found a Foot Solider 2 pack with the security lock on it at a Walmart in Hartford, WI. They had 2....I bought 1. I have the Gamestop singles but could use more Foot Soliders!

This location was one that was tagged with Limited Stock on Brickseek.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #938
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Both my movie and toon Caseys still fall over while on the stands lol
LOL yup... sometimes it's loose ankles and others it's imperfect footprints even on the pegs. But other way I need rectangular stands!
Old 09-20-2020, 07:31 PM   #939
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant

Has anyone who ordered Super Shredder from the week long sale got theirs yet?

I saw a guy who toy hunts on YouTube who said he got his from the week long order and not from the first sale back in early August.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:02 AM   #940
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Has anyone who ordered Super Shredder from the week long sale got theirs yet?

I saw a guy who toy hunts on YouTube who said he got his from the week long order and not from the first sale back in early August.
I still haven't got mine yet and the 2 pack Casey & Raph. I ordered both when it was that option window.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote