The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Rewatch of 2k3 series?
Definite Yes 46 90.20%
Definite No. 1 1.96%
Maybe next time. 2 3.92%
Watching once was enough. 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #1
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier

rewatch of 2k3 series

I've been thinking about watching this again as I haven't seen this in ages. If anybody is interested in rewatching the episodes, great. We could discuss and analyze each ep. such as character development, breakdown, animation quality, etc. I'm commited to the rewatch, though I will admit my participation would wane if nobody is interested. If you already seen the episodes and just want to give your take on each ep. without rewatching, feel free to do so.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I might be down, yeah. I still haven't finished it yet, actually.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

I'm down it's still fresh enough in my head.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've done a complete rewatch of the show at least 5 times.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

I've rolled through it in full twice, in the post DVD era. I started a 3rd revisit last year but I got bored toward the end of season 4. I'm sure I'll pick up from there one of these days, maybe soon now that it's come up.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

The tail-end of Season 4 has a lot of really good episodes, I'm surprised you'd stop there.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Totally, though I may have watched them already. I can't remember if I finished or stopped just before the good stuff. I think I was distracted by a new season of anime or something like that.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier

Excellent. So there might be some of you who are willing to join in the discussion. I'll watch the first episode later today and post my thoughts about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I might be down, yeah. I still haven't finished it yet, actually.
I noticied it was your birthday today. Happy Birthday.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #9
ABrown
Banned

Unfortunately, I just don't have the free time to rewatch all of my favorite cartoons the way that I was able to before my twin boys were born. However, I am absolutely always up to discussing the 4Kids series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Unfortunately, I just don't have the free time to rewatch all of my favorite cartoons the way that I was able to before my twin boys were born. However, I am absolutely always up to discussing the 4Kids series.
The good thing about having kids is you can now watch cartoons WITH your children. Now you can rewatch all your favorite cartoons and introduce them to your kids.

I know that if I ever become a father someday, I will make them watch every episode of every TMNT cartoon ever made. My future son won't leave the house until he's seen all 193 episodes of the original cartoon, all 156 episodes of the 2k3 series, the entire Nick cartoon, as well as other shows like Batman: TAS, Justice League, etc.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I like the series as a whole alot, but I especially love the first 3 seasons. In a way, when the series ends in season 3 with the Shredder being exiled, it seemed like a series finale in itself, like the Big Blow Out from the FW cartoon, which I think was originally supposed to be the series finale before the makers realized how popular the cartoon was.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #12
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Its the series that got me into TMNT, so I've watched it several times. Its really good. Fast Forward is kind of bland at some points but is still good for me. BTTS was really good too, although kind of short it made well for a final season before the mini shorts (great btw) and the movie
Old 08-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #13
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
I've been thinking about watching this again as I haven't seen this in ages. If anybody is interested in rewatching the episodes, great. We could discuss and analyze each ep. such as character development, breakdown, animation quality, etc. I'm commited to the rewatch, though I will admit my participation would wane if nobody is interested. If you already seen the episodes and just want to give your take on each ep. without rewatching, feel free to do so.
So.......We tried this before and everyone started to watch it and discuss it until everyone fell off after only the first few episodes
I am surprised CyberCubed and Powder have not mentioned this bc they commented/participated last time if I recall....... or I could be dead wrong

Anyway the problem is people watch it at different paces and some just get bored or too busy and can't finish it.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #14
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
So.......We tried this before and everyone started to watch it and discuss it until everyone fell off after only the first few episodes
I am surprised CyberCubed and Powder have not mentioned this bc they commented/participated last time if I recall....... or I could be dead wrong

Anyway the problem is people watch it at different paces and some just get bored or too busy and can't finish it.
Yes. I tried to do this before in the past and it hasn't quite worked out as planned. Hopefully, it won't be the same as before.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:43 AM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Whenever I rewatch a show from beginning to end I always watch 3 episodes a day. 3 episodes back to back only comes out to a little over 60 minutes...so only a little over an hour of your time.

That's how you marathon shows.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:25 AM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post

I think I might've tried one a few years ago but definitely not the latest.

I'm bad with commitment, unless I'm being paid.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #17
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The good thing about having kids is you can now watch cartoons WITH your children. Now you can rewatch all your favorite cartoons and introduce them to your kids.
Actually, it's been really nice. I have gotten my three year old boys to watch some of the original TMNT cartoon. It's a very nice change from having to sit through stuff like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when I'm home with them all day on my day off work during the week. They might kinda like the 4Kids series. But I think the original cartoon is a much easier watch for a three year old than the 4Kids series is.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:35 AM   #18
Wesley
Mad Scientist

No, I'm not interested in a rewatch, as I'm taking a break from watching tv shows at the moment.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always do a rewatch of my favorite shows, not just TMNT but anything else I watch, every couple of years or so.

If I love a show I'm always going to want to revisit it. I can't really understand why some people only watch a show once or twice and then never go back to it. If you didn't like the show very much then I understand, but if you really did you'd get the same enjoyment over and over.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #20
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I always do a rewatch of my favorite shows, not just TMNT but anything else I watch, every couple of years or so.

If I love a show I'm always going to want to revisit it. I can't really understand why some people only watch a show once or twice and then never go back to it. If you didn't like the show very much then I understand, but if you really did you'd get the same enjoyment over and over.
I like rewatching my favourite tv shows as well. It's just that a lot of them can take up a load of time, specifically shows that have been on air for years such as procedurals and comedies. I think it is good to rewatch a show, though, to find out if it holds up well.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote