The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #41
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
So are all of those Films?
As far as I know, I think they're all movies... at least, the ones on the list that I'm familiar with are!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:16 AM   #42
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

For any Dragonball fans out there Akira Toriyama just confirmed he is now working on a new Dragonball Z movie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oriyama/.76681
Quote:
The September issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that a new Dragon Ball Z movie will open during the Golden Week string of holidays next spring. Dragon Ball manga creator Akira Toriyama is personally credited with the original concept, screenplay and character designs of the new movie "that the entire universe eagerly awaits!!"

Toriyama confirmed in the magazine that this new film, like last year's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, will tell a new story. He had intended to have this story during his manga's original serialization. Although he did not plan on it, he is not only putting a lot of effort in drawing the art, but also "fussing over the smallest dialogue lines." He also promised more action scenes. He teased that the story is still secret, but will be "utterly funny."

To emphasize the effort he has put into this new film, Toriyama said that even his first manga editor praised him on the work he has done, even though this editor rarely ever does that. Toriyama is confident that fans will be able to thoroughly enjoy the movie. He is currently drawing up new character designs, and asked his fans to look forward to the movie.
I am extremely excited for this whats really got me interested is that this was intended to be in the manga. I wonder what that means for this movie. LOL we finally get Battle of Gods and now i'm going to be counting the days for anther movie to be localized.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:23 AM   #43
Yorae
Hench Mutant

Series I enjoyed back in the day:

Gungrave
Wolf's Rain
Paranoia Agent
Tokyo Godfathers (movie)
Gankutsuo
Loveless (shounen-ai)
Fullmetal Alchemist

Series I watched recently and liked:
Attack on Titan
Madoka Magica
Hetalia (the Dub)
Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki (movie)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

I am not the avid anime/manga fan I once was, but I try to watch a bit here and there whenever I have time. For some reason I find myself drawn more towards western animation nowadays.
Yorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #44
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Not seeing much Cowboy Bebop appreciation so I'll say this:

All 26 Episodes of Cowboy Bebop are Oscar-worthy for short films!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #45
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
For any Dragonball fans out there Akira Toriyama just confirmed he is now working on a new Dragonball Z movie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oriyama/.76681

I am extremely excited for this whats really got me interested is that this was intended to be in the manga. I wonder what that means for this movie. LOL we finally get Battle of Gods and now i'm going to be counting the days for anther movie to be localized.
Ooooh - interesting... as long as Vegeta's in it, I'm there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post

Agreed, it was a hell of a great series.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 07-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #46
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Ooooh - interesting... as long as Vegeta's in it, I'm there!
Akira Toriyama in an interview I think about a year ago maybe a little while after Battle of Gods came out said if there was going to be anther movie it was going to be centered around Vegeta. I Don't know if plans have changed though.

Quote:

That show was awesome I cant wait for Funi to release those remaster bluray versions.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:56 AM   #47
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
Akira Toriyama in an interview I think about a year ago maybe a little while after Battle of Gods came out said if there was going to be anther movie it was going to be centered around Vegeta. I Don't know if plans have changed though.
... they better not have changed - I need my 'geta fix, damnit!!!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #48
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Vegeta's awesome. That's all!

Him and Goku started that whole 'protagonist/anti-hero rivalry' that's featured in just about every Shounen Anime.

Fav Comic - IDW Series
Old 07-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #49
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:

And the Movie has such a good story! (Vincents amnesia and the Nanobots were great)
After first watching I did it again cause it was so good
Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #50
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Vegeta's awesome. That's all!

Him and Goku started that whole 'protagonist/anti-hero rivalry' that's featured in just about every Shounen Anime.
Vegeta's awesomeness level is over 9000.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #51
JamieH
Thug

Just going to leave this here

Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #52
Peanut
Second Gear

So, I think the new Sailor Moon looks really nice. I've watched it with my fiancé, who's been way into it since she was a kid, and it's kinda alright. Not my type of thing, but it seems well made.

I've also nearly caught up (about 50 episodes left) on One Piece. I absolutely loathe Trafalgar Law. Loathe. He's awful. He's everything I dislike about sh*t anime main characters. First character I've ever disliked in the entire thing and I have this awful sinking feeling that he's gonna be around a whole hell of a lot more than I want.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #53
Peanut
Second Gear

Bumping this to ask about Cowboy Bebop.

I've never seen it and know nothing about it, but I've heard tons of praise for it over the years. They've got that nice Bluray set out now, so I'm wondering if anyone who has watched it thinks it's worth it?

Also, that great last post I had lol. F*ck Law.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #54
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Fave anime's are Inuyasha and Dragon Ball Z *Dragon Ball is okay.* Might watch One Piece and Naruto at some point. First gen Pokemon was a fun show for me IMO. I also liked watching ZOID's, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi in Space, and Outlaw Star when Toonami was still around.

I also enjoyed watching the Studio Ghibli movies.

I knew someone that liked Cowboy Bebop and Afro Samurai *idk if the last show counts.* But I haven't watched them yet.

Manga's that I like are WarCraft: The Sunwell Trilogy *published by Tokyopop*, Inuyasha, DragonBall, and Absolute Boyfriend *its a Shojo manga series.* I also like Vampire Hunter D.

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 01-01-2015 at 10:56 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #55
Davetello
Banned

Death Note and Monster are magic. On my list are FMA: Brotherhood, Darker Than Black & Cowboy Bebop, amongst others. I wanna try and get through Code Geass too - didn't like the first few eps but I will try again. I really should enjoy it as I have a strong interest in imperialism.

Most people tell me that, of the newer stuff, FMA: Brotherhood is the gold standard.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:07 AM   #56
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Bumping this to ask about Cowboy Bebop.

I've never seen it and know nothing about it, but I've heard tons of praise for it over the years. They've got that nice Bluray set out now, so I'm wondering if anyone who has watched it thinks it's worth it?

Also, that great last post I had lol. F*ck Law.
Watch Cowboy Bebop. It's short and it's pretty great.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 AM   #57
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

can anyone suggest any anime for me ^_^ pretty please~

I'm trying to find good anime to watch with my friend...but I don't know that many....

maybe something with tons of comedy (and action or romance added)

.....but nothing with anything perverted in it........like at all. (no girls losing their towel or guys falling on the girls boobs....or girls wearing ridiculous outfits) and no creepy love (brotherxsister or adultxkid)

if possible T^T
Old 01-02-2015, 05:27 AM   #58
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

If anyone has still not yet watched Attack on Titan, I dare you to stop watching it after Episode 5. It's literally impossible!

It's just a universally appealing show.

Fav Comic - IDW Series
Old 01-02-2015, 06:14 AM   #59
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
can anyone suggest any anime for me ^_^ pretty please~

I'm trying to find good anime to watch with my friend...but I don't know that many....

maybe something with tons of comedy (and action or romance added)

.....but nothing with anything perverted in it........like at all. (no girls losing their towel or guys falling on the girls boobs....or girls wearing ridiculous outfits) and no creepy love (brotherxsister or adultxkid)

if possible T^T
How about the Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu series? IMO, that series is hilarious.

It's about a 10-year-old boy named Hale, who lives with his young mother, Weda. Weda had him very young. She grew up rich in the city, but when she became pregnant, she refused to name the father and left to avoid having to do so, and her parents disowned her. She moved to a jungle village and is raising Hale there. So that's the backstory for her character. One day a girl, Guu, shows up and Hale's life seems to change as she begins to live with him and his mother.

Since Guu has arrived in the jungle, weird things go on and seems Hale is the only one who actually notices it. The comedy mainly comes from this as he's the type to stress out easily, given the type of life he has growing up with only his lazy, binge-drinking mother. The characters (like Hale's classmates and the other villagers) are so goofy and fun, like the village leader who cherishes his manly chest hair. lol Think of Abbott and Costello. Abbott is the straight man or the normal one, while Costello was the silly one and caused all the antics. Or even Laurel and Hardy.

So yeah, I'd check that one out. I hear there's an English dub of it now. I've never seen it, though, so not sure what the dub is like.

The order is...

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Deluxe
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final

Last edited by ssjup81; 01-02-2015 at 06:32 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:34 AM   #60
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
Just going to leave this here

I have this on DVD. I really liked it! Sucks it was only an OAV series, unless they did, eventually, make a full series based on the manga, which I also have.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote