The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #61
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Marketing, competition, no real stars, being released during a month that doesn't indicate a lot faith by the studio, the inevitable reviews.
Oh, there's some good 'uns right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #62
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
About as much as anybody else here who hopes/knows it'll be a huge success.
But here's the difference between those folks who have high hopes and those who don't care for the movie I haven't seen too many folks on the pro side proclaiming this movie is going to be the greatest turtle movie ever. Or say this movie will be to the Turtles what Superman(197or Superman II was to Superman. Mean while not naming names or singling out bloggers and people on YouTube the anti-movie side has gone out their way to trash it and they still haven't provide one shred(sorry for the pun) to back it up.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #63
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
But here's the difference between those folks who have high hopes and those who don't care for the movie I haven't seen too many folks on the pro side proclaiming this movie is going to be the greatest turtle movie ever. Or say this movie will be to the Turtles what Superman('7or Superman II was to Superman. Mean while not naming names or singling out bloggers and people on YouTube the anti-movie side has gone out their way to trash it and they still haven't provide one shred(sorry for the pun) to back it up.
Not trying to start anything, but the positive side has very much been doing this especially on these forums.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #64
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss74 View Post
Not trying to start anything, but the positive side has very much been doing this especially on these forums.
If they are good for them..Some people have gone loco with blind hate for the flick and they can't back it up.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #65
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Funny how this always, always, seems to get glossed over.

Quote:
If they are good for them..Some people have gone loco with blind hate for the flick and they can't back it up.
Quote:
I haven't seen too many folks on the pro side proclaiming this movie is going to be the greatest turtle movie ever.

Delicious.

EDIT: I also love that you're giving the positive folks a pass on their blind love with no evidence but not the negative side.

Can't get funnier/more pathetic.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #66
Pondslider
Foot Soldier

Quote:
But here's the difference between those folks who have high hopes and those who don't care for the movie I haven't seen too many folks on the pro side proclaiming this movie is going to be the greatest turtle movie ever. Or say this movie will be to the Turtles what Superman(197or Superman II was to Superman. Mean while not naming names or singling out bloggers and people on YouTube the anti-movie side has gone out their way to trash it and they still haven't provide one shred(sorry for the pun) to back it up.
Really? No all that long ago there were people on this forum suggesting the movie was going to to be one of the top grossing movies of all time for the month of August. There are already topics about sequels.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #67
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Just ignore them fam. Those people that hate the movie are going to hate it reguardless. Without giving it a chance. Because Michael Bay is producing or Megan Fox is in it's automatically bad. Let them go play in traffic and you enjoy the movie.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #68
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocBoy View Post
Let them go play in traffic and you enjoy the movie.
Translation: Let them go kill themselves and you enjoy the movie.

You want us to kill ourselves. Because of a movie.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #69
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:

You good bro. LOL! SUPER TROLL!!! PEACE FAM!!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #70
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
No more loco than the uber positive people. Generally, the people who "hate" this flick have brought up several issues with what has been presented to us. You may disagree with what they have issues with, but there has been plenty to back it up.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #71
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
No more loco than the uber positive people. Generally, the people who "hate" this flick have brought up several issues with what has been presented to us. You may disagree with what they have issues with, but there has been plenty to back it up.
Blinded by bias.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #72
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't understand why some people seem to think that it's just 'blind hate'. Or they look down on some of us who...yes...some of us don't think the movie will be good.

And they back up their own 'Opinions' (not facts, opinions) countless times. Whether you agree or disagree, that's another matter. But I've rarely have seen anyone just 'blindly hate it' without giving Multiple Reasons as to why they're questioning the movie...let alone thinking that it could be a bad flick.

*Designs that some of us particularly do not care for, not because it's 'different and new' but because some of us just think that they look terrible?

*Lack of really any action shown so far, for a supposedly 'action-packed, Big-Budget Summer release'?

*No Martial Arts fighting shown so far for a big-budget film that is supposed to be full of 'Martial Arts Energy' as said by people involved with the movie, as well as the countless references to Martial Arts Classics like Fist of Legend and The Raid Redemption? You can keep 'saying' it all you want. Until you show a taste (not a 'spoil the movie' thing, but a Taste), it's all just talk.

*No hints of showing how some of the Turtles such as Raph or Leo or such will even be portrayed personality wise in the flick? Or even any shots of the Turtles together as a family? Look at the trailer to The Avengers...and that last shot with all of them together as a group. Definitely worked for that one. These are your main characters who have actual personalities and relationships with one another as a family. The movie is supposedly very much about 'family' but so far you don't show any of that bond between your four main characters?

*Not even knowing what kind of tone the movie is going for?

Not even a denial from the makers to soothe some fans' worries in that this isn't just a 'human flick with the Turtles as side/supporting characters'? That wouldn't 'spoil' your movie...unless that IS how the movie is like...

And yet it's 'blind hate'? And hey, not once did I even mention Megan Fox or Michael Bay in any of those reasons up above...
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #73
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:

Coming from the kid that told me to suck on an exhaust pipe.. Trickkk you're obviously looking for an argument tonight.. Same story with you I guess. Lets just complain every single day about the same things over and over and over and over SPAM SPAM SPAM.. Yea.. you guys do it cuz you "care about the movie and want it to be good" or is it bc you get some kind of enjoyment complaining about something every single day? Sorry you're not gonna be able to relive that childhood excitement you felt as a kid..
Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #74
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Coming from the kid that told me to suck on an exhaust pipe.. Trickkk you're obviously looking for an argument tonight.. Same story with you I guess.
Oh that was only in response to your absolutely classy posts to me sweetcheeks.

Not because you want to like a movie you haven't seen yet,

Big, big difference.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #75
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:
I think this movie is definitely gonna be the best turtles movie ever. In every way
Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #76
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
I think this movie is definitely gonna be the best turtles movie ever. In every way
You and me both bro.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #77
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Really? No all that long ago there were people on this forum suggesting the movie was going to to be one of the top grossing movies of all time for the month of August. There are already topics about sequels.
I guess you don't travel to the SuperHero Hype message boards because they had Superman Returns sequels pre and post release topics. And if fans want to think to think ahead why not?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #78
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
I guess you don't travel to the SuperHero Hype message boards because they had Superman Returns sequels pre and post release topics. And if fans want to think to think ahead why not?
But where's their EVIDENCE that this movie's going to be so good that it's going to warrant sequels?

Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 01:51 AM   #79
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Because a blog doesn't cite the movie or some 80s hipster baby whining about his or her childhood being ruined doesn't mean the movie is going to bomb. Confirmation bias is a bad thing.

Just kidding guy.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 06-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #80
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
I don't understand why some people seem to think that it's just 'blind hate'. Or they look down on some of us who...yes...some of us don't think the movie will be good.

And they back up their own 'Opinions' (not facts, opinions) countless times. Whether you agree or disagree, that's another matter. But I've rarely have seen anyone just 'blindly hate it' without giving Multiple Reasons as to why they're questioning the movie...let alone thinking that it could be a bad flick.

*Designs that some of us particularly do not care for, not because it's 'different and new' but because some of us just think that they look terrible?

*Lack of really any action shown so far, for a supposedly 'action-packed, Big-Budget Summer release'?

*No Martial Arts fighting shown so far for a big-budget film that is supposed to be full of 'Martial Arts Energy' as said by people involved with the movie, as well as the countless references to Martial Arts Classics like Fist of Legend and The Raid Redemption? You can keep 'saying' it all you want. Until you show a taste (not a 'spoil the movie' thing, but a Taste), it's all just talk.

*No hints of showing how some of the Turtles such as Raph or Leo or such will even be portrayed personality wise in the flick? Or even any shots of the Turtles together as a family? Look at the trailer to The Avengers...and that last shot with all of them together as a group. Definitely worked for that one. These are your main characters who have actual personalities and relationships with one another as a family. The movie is supposedly very much about 'family' but so far you don't show any of that bond between your four main characters?

*Not even knowing what kind of tone the movie is going for?

Not even a denial from the makers to soothe some fans' worries in that this isn't just a 'human flick with the Turtles as side/supporting characters'? That wouldn't 'spoil' your movie...unless that IS how the movie is like...

And yet it's 'blind hate'? And hey, not once did I even mention Megan Fox or Michael Bay in any of those reasons up above...
Come on man this is the same sort of BS I heard when the Devil May Cry reboot hysteria was going on. The designs well aren't they real life turtles getting mutated in human form? I suspect if the team behind this movie just kept the classic look of brown belts, brown elbow and knee pads not too many people would cry about their design. As for the turtles themselves the ones I have issue with are Don and Raph. Donnie looks like he got way too much stuff going on and Raph looks like one of those caveman turtles from back in the day. As for action dude they only release two bloody trailers (one was just the first one with more shots of the turtles)and the action they did show all I heard from people they're ripping off The Amazing Spider-Man and people complained about the Donnie whipping Raph into that jeep clip.

The only point I will give you here(because you repeat the same point about action as filler) is that it could be like Transformers where the humans are center stage and the turtles are secondary characters in a movie entitled "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" I don't know because they haven't given out more detail since those two trailers and that brothers ad.

Lastly they got two months to put up or shut up about the action by releasing more trailers, clips and tv spots.

As for trending complaints about this movie.

1. Megan Fox as April. Oh they cast her for her looks. Nevermind fan art has her looking like a dancer from Scores.

2. Michael Bay. It's the internet fans who hate on Bay while standing in line to see whatever his latest release is.

3. designs.. again outside the clothes would you really complain about their look if they wore their traditional get up of belts and pads? Nope.

4. Racism... No not really the Shredder I'm sensing most fans love to talk about is the Shredder from the 2k3 era and that dude wasn't Asian himself.

5. Action and who is the real lead are vaild.
Closed Thread

Tags
box office, live action films