The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #281
Dinny
Stone Warrior

I hate to admit it but I didn't watch that match. Unless I'm mistaken, P.S.V. can also employ their 3 super shots as they didn't try one last match. You're allowed a maximum of three super shots per tie and Steven Gerrard used all of Liverpool's last leg during the 5 minute super score round... If Phalloi Saint Vaginus succesfully convert a super shot during super score, or if the boys from Phalloi can succesfully penetrate Reyna's goal then Liverpool are in trouble. However Anfield is a fortress and Liverpool's tight defence hasn't been split in over a month. I kid you not, their sheets have been clean for over a month! No one's scored there! Hence, my money's on Liverpool.

Last edited by Dinny; 04-11-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #282
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

How about AC Milan - Bayern Munich then? Will Milan's newest purchase - Willy Wang Dong score anything this time? Extremely talented Taiwanese footballer with excellent ball control who unfortunately hits the post way too often? I doubt that.

Bayern's going to progress for sure.

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #283
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Not a very big fan of Dong. He's too selfish for me, always looking to score and never to knock the ball about. With time he'll become a great footballer, just not yet. He doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the team. Dong's constantly all over Kaka and judging by last week, you don't wanna be around when Kaka hits the fan . It's Bayern all the way for me.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #284
LogicDonny
Banned

NHL PLAYOFF thread

Sup fellow dromers.

The Nhl is in full swing with the Playoffs this week. My team the Vancouver Canucks will be playing against the Dallas Stars tonight for game 1.

what hometown team is yours and do you even watch hockey?
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #285
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Detroit Red Wings

I don't watch Hockey unless its the only thing on, but i usually tune into all the Wings playoff games.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #286
Sliced
Stone Warrior

Of course I do.. I'm canadian... Hockey is my sport, all mine ! and my team is the pittsburgh penguins.. wich are gonna have their little youngsters butts handed to them by the ottawa senators in this first Playoff round.

But oh well its life... maybe if they're lucky, they'll win 1 match or maybe 2. But I have few hopes of them passing the first round this year, a huge lack of experience is gonna cost them dearly me thinks.

As for the Canucks, I wish them the best of luck as they have what it takes to go far in the Playoffs.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #287
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

My team is the HARTFORD WHALERS. Oh yea, they haven't been a team for 10 years or something.

Canadian hockey fan likes the Pittsburgh team?
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #288
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
Of course I do.. I'm canadian... Hockey is my sport, all mine ! and my team is the pittsburgh penguins.. wich are gonna have their little youngsters butts handed to them by the ottawa senators in this first Playoff round.

But oh well its life... maybe if they're lucky, they'll win 1 match or maybe 2. But I have few hopes of them passing the first round this year, a huge lack of experience is gonna cost them dearly me thinks.

As for the Canucks, I wish them the best of luck as they have what it takes to go far in the Playoffs.
Seeing as how the Montreal Canadiens missed the playoffs this year, I guess I'm a Buffalo man from here in on in. Of course, I've always been partial to the Canadian teams, so I'll root for them whenever they play...

And yeah, the Senators handed the Penguins a beating.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #289
LogicDonny
Banned

so your team didn't make it to the playoff so you chose an american team!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #290
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
Yeah, I've taken an interest in the Buffalo Sabres ever since they got their snazzy new logo. Also doesn't hurt that they're the best team in the league.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #291
Sliced
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
My team is the HARTFORD WHALERS. Oh yea, they haven't been a team for 10 years or something.

Canadian hockey fan likes the Pittsburgh team?
Stop living in the past ! And yes I always loved the penguins. Even though they really sucked for some years... I also love the montreal canadiens, but still prefer the penguins. I'm a weirdo uh?

Quote:
And yeah, the Senators handed the Penguins a beating.
I know.. *sigh* But atleast my man ''sid the kid'' got a goal. Not an important one, but still a goal. And I'm pretty damn sure that the goal they refused him in second period was good ! IT WAS GOOD ! Mother f**king referees can't see sh*t ! *ahem* so yeah...

Quote:
Get him !
Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #292
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
I know.. *sigh* But atleast my man ''sid the kid'' got a goal. Not an important one, but still a goal. And I'm pretty damn sure that the goal they refused him in second period was good ! IT WAS GOOD ! Mother f**king referees can't see sh*t ! *ahem* so yeah...[/img]
Oh balls. That wasn't a goal and you know it...Sliding into the net, kicking in the puck and taking down the goalie in the process. Yeah. Perfect form.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #293
Sliced
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi View Post
Oh balls. That wasn't a goal and you know it...Sliding into the net, kicking in the puck and taking down the goalie in the process. Yeah. Perfect form.
I said !!

It was good ! It wasn't intentional ! He...he just fell and, unintentionaly pushed the puck with his leg... and... it was good
Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #294
Peanut
Second Gear

I wish the Pens would slaughter the Sens. Being a Leafs die-hard, my hate for the Sens outshines any hatred I have for Sidney Crosby.

I'm not really rooting for anyone, but I'll side with the Wild, however slim their chances might be. I don't find it right to really support anyone, even if my team is out. We won our Stanley Cup this year, though. And that was putting the fruity Canadiens out of the Playoffs. Chumps.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #295
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
We won our Stanley Cup this year, though. And that was putting the fruity Canadiens out of the Playoffs. Chumps.
A Leafs fan, eh? Fell in love with all that grainy, black-and-white footage, I guess.

Last time the Maple Leafs were any good, The Beatles were still doing The Ed Sullivan Show.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #296
Peanut
Second Gear

Actually, my Dad was always a huge Leafs fan, so I would always watch it with him when I was a kid, and a really close family friend used to tell me about the Leafs in their heyday, which was great. Unfortunately, he passed away the year after we made that great run to the Conference Finals. He had promised me we'd have a party the next time the Leafs won a cup, now that can never happen. The Leafs really are something special to me, for many reasons, so don't be a prick about it. A real fan doesn't hop on and off the bandwagon if the team is sh*t or not.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #297
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Oh, great, way to get all emotional and make me feel like an *ss. It's tradition for a Montreal fan to insult the Leafs, and vice versa. You could at least play along.

...Chumps.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #298
LogicDonny
Banned

Oh my! Canucks scored in the 3rd period around over 11 mins and then dallas scored a min later.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! it's 4-4!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #299
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
Oh my! Canucks scored in the 3rd period around over 11 mins and then dallas scored a min later.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! it's 4-4!
Uhh...Isn't it 3-4?

----EDIT
Whoops, never mind.

Last edited by Ecto Jedi; 04-11-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #300
LogicDonny
Banned

4-4 2ND OVERTIME! whoo!