The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #41
Wildcat
Foot Elite

If you think it's just TMNT fans you haven't been on many forums. Groups all over the internet, not necessarily over a fandom, have stuckup users who think they're smarter than you...and let you know it.

I'm not talking about trolls either. That's pretty easy to differentiate. I mean users who will "run their mouth" and whole heartedly believe everything they say is right about the given subject no matter how cocky, cynical or rude.

It's funny when you think about these users. Do they carry themselves the same way in real life? I highly doubt it. The internet just allows them to talk-a-big-game.

That's why I never troll, talk crap or run my mouth on any forum. Eventually you will get into a heated discussion and your reputation will always precede you. Why be a jerk anyway? Just because you can?
Old 03-13-2017, 02:31 AM   #42
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think people fail to understand that a lot of people also have mental disabilities in real life like ADD or bipolar disorder, or are diagnosed with autism or aspergers, and they get frustrated on forums sometimes when people have conflicting opinions.

It's a well know fact most people on line forums are diagnosed with some sort of disability in real life.
*checks medical records*

Nope, no disabilities here, unless being diabetic counts. So where is your so-called research on this?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:55 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

Aspergers and autism is pretty common among online communities. Not saying everyone has it obviously, but a lot are on the spectrum.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #44
Ceres
Stone Warrior

If you think TMNT Fandom is bad then go to the Steven Universe or Adventure Time Fandom, you will see the greatest bigots and entitled brats. The first one much worse as the latter one.

Overall the TMNT Fandom is okay, can't say bad stuff about it, i was in many Fandoms before and it's one of the funniest i got to say. I think the title of this thread is funny in a way.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #45
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Aspergers and autism is pretty common among online communities. Not saying everyone has it obviously, but a lot are on the spectrum.
Self-diagnosed, maybe. Which means jack sh*t.

My quarrel is mostly with you calling it a "well know (sic) fact" without providing anything to back that up.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 AM   #46
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I wouldn't say we're rude.

TMNT is just one of those few properties with complete extremes within their own history, so with that brings two very different types of fans, each believing their correct.

It's the circle of life down here
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:22 AM   #47
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
You quoted me in your sig? Aww, I'm flattered! And incidentally, the people I was referring to are aliena, SleepingSeeker, and a few others. All really cool posters.
At the time it struck me as hilarious but I guess it is kind of sad in a way. If "mutanimals" did exist and were as humanoid as we are (I say humanoid because we DID come from apes and apes are animals), and those "mutanimals" wanted to have romantic relationships with people, and vice versa, and both parties were condemned for that, it would be like condemning gay people or interracial couples today. So it is sad that people would get run off for being attracted to entities that don't even exist. I guess fear runs deep even in liberal communities.

Was this the fan forum that Jarrah White got banned from? I admired his tenacity as a self-proclaimed Mei Pei Chi fetishist.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #48
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I don't think TMNT fans are ruder than any other fan-base on average. There are a lot of arguments around here sure, but at least people are expressing different opinions. There are a lot of communities where everyone is in total lockstep, and any descent is either ignored or weeded out. That scares the poop out of me.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #49
Prowler
Emperor

Are people who are saying ITT that this is the rudest place they've ever been to serious? Not that I doubt your words but I really wodner what your internet experience is like. You must have been very lucky in the communities you've joined.

Honestly, this place is the most civil of all places I've been a member of. Go to any major video game, wrestling, football/soccer or anime/manga forum and the amount of rude jerks is way higher. Here people might be rude at times to each other but that's mostly out of personal issues and past grudges. In many other forums people will be dicks to you and show pride in their ignorance. Example, whenever CyberCubed says something regarding people who are different from him people here will just facepalm and call him out on it. If CyberCubed said those things on IGN or somewhere else he'd get a ton of likes and people agreeing with him instead.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
If CyberCubed said those things on IGN or somewhere else he'd get a ton of likes and people agreeing with him instead.
Funny thing is that's exactly what happens.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #51
Will not be censored

I wasn't talking specifically about this place when I created the thread. I was talking about TMNT fans in general. I rarely have problems with people on these boards compared to other places.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 03-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #52
ABrown
Banned

Actually, I find TMNT fans (this board no exception) to be among the nicest of any fanbase.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #53
Will not be censored

Then there is something truly wrong with the world.

On eBay things have shifted. Only since the classic stuff has started coming out from Mega Bloks and NECA have I started having to deal with truly rude, arrogant, childish, entitled people on a regular basis.

People here have a tendency to treat each other like sh!t from time to time but I do still prefer the "handle it yourself" mentality that thrives here, whereas on other boards and mailing lists people cry to the moderators every time they get their feelings hurt.
Quote:

Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's because this board skews older, there are more 25-30+ year old adults on this forum than teens or kids. Most people here are from the original TMNT era so it's no surprise people here are so old.

Other places on the internet have far more young teens. So naturally teens will be far more angry/butt-hurt and get into arguments.

Kinda ironic because the TMNT fandom did have a lot of teen posters in the early 2000's, but we all grew up.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #55
Will not be censored

At the risk of starting a war, this place did seem to start out as a boys' club (mostly in celebration of the comics and toys) whereas I started out posting to mailing lists and boards that had MUCH higher female populations. It took very little to get those hens riled up and squaking.
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 03-13-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #56
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

3/10
Try harder.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #57
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Funny thing is that's exactly what happens.
Well yeah. There's a reason I said that. Remember that Ebonics thread and that thread about Carter's race you've made? It would not have gotten locked on The Vestibule, that's for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Then there is something truly wrong with the world.

On eBay things have shifted. Only since the classic stuff has started coming out from Mega Bloks and NECA have I started having to deal with truly rude, arrogant, childish, entitled people on a regular basis.

People here have a tendency to treat each other like sh!t from time to time but I do still prefer the "handle it yourself" mentality that thrives here, whereas on other boards and mailing lists people cry to the moderators every time they get their feelings hurt.
Yeah, I like how the mods are not nazis in here. Even if we have some "unspoken rules" such as "no religion, politics, etc." people still make such threads and have such arguments/discussions and the mods only step in when things go out of hand. You don't see people getting banned or given warnings out of the blue here like in many other places. It's not an anarchy but not a dictatorship either.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #58
DarthRaphael

Did someone say MOD????

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
At the risk of starting a war, this place did seem to start out as a boys' club (mostly in celebration of the comics and toys) whereas I started out posting to mailing lists and boards that had MUCH higher female populations. It took very little to get those hens riled up and squaking.
Boy and how. And constantly whining about how horrible and how much drama there is on the 'Drome. Nonsense.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #60
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael View Post
Did someone say MOD????

You ain't gonna put me in the doghouse now, are ya?

Tags
drome drama vol.99