The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #3441
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Christmas should be pretty good if certain people can keep themselves from flipping out.
That's what Santa invented coal for. Wait.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #3442
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy maker... When you pick out the right Christmas presents for a pet.

Back after his brother passed, I got our remaining cat one of those igloo shaped beds with a top that can fold down for warmer weather. Wasn't sure how soon he'd take to something that smells new, but after the second time he went in he hasn't been back out since.

Also got him a couple toys, one in particular looks like a feathery beta fish. Played around with it then ran off to the kitchen with it in his mouth and already put it in his dry food bowl, so that's a good sign.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:39 PM   #3443
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I found out that one of my favorite book series is getting a fourth installment in March, twenty-five years after the third one. I might order it from Amazon and have it sent to my job so that way I can get started on it as soon as possible.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:07 AM   #3444
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Comes across TMNT 2 & 3 film strips (5 frames each) on eBay... stays up too late looking through all of them... orders like... seven... Heh.

With the use of film on its way out and we're unlikely to ever get any from future films, figured why not...? One day there won't be much of them left to be found out there anymore.

edit: Definitely some good ones, esp of TMNT 2 (and a lot more posted for that one and still available), that were already spoken for, but having just looked up a clip to confirm, I'm kind of tickled that this one I'd debated grabbing (then did) is in fact part of the "Schwing!" frames like I thought. Wish it included a shot of Leo that isn't blurred, but Donnie makes me laugh.

Spoiler:

In my quest of finding a few good Leo frames, the only one I didn't really get a decent inclusion in any of them was Mikey, but I may well be buying a few more someday. (But here's two of the four I got from TMNT 2.)

Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-29-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:19 AM   #3445
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Wow, those are awesome! Were they originals?

My happy-maker yesterday was getting off a couple hours early and getting to browse around in my local Game Stop. Found a hula Deadpool dash figure that I couldn't resist getting for hubby, and a set of the 88' classic Playmates figures- the latter was the last one left, so I splurged to grab it before somebody else would.

Afterward, I spent a couple of hours at the library looking up ways to fix my tethering issue with my phone/pc, and then went to the movie theater next door to see Cats. Loved the movie- almost as good as the play!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #3446
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, definitely cut from original old film reel. (edit: The images are cropped so the holes don't show, but they do have the holes along the sides.) Came from overseas pretty quickly, too, so that was nice. Going to try to get them in a frame this weekend.

Happy maker... The second attempt at putting together one of those cube storage/organizer things was successful and without incident.

Ordered a couple of them from Target; a small 2 cube/cubbies and the larger 4 cube. The small one was easy to put together and was fine. The bigger one... holy hell. Broke two of the pegs for the shelves, which is apparently very common to do and some people break more. There are 10 and no extras just in case... (God, Target, would a couple extras be so much to ask if this is such a problem??) The instructions seem simple enough, yet are a bit confusing and don't really offer a good direction on what order is easiest to do it in, and it's just not easy to juggle getting this thing put together, esp without breaking those pegs.

When I broke two, of course it also ended up damaging the particle board by the holes on one shelf and got the other half of the pegs stuck in the holes in another piece... I ended up having to go out and find wooden dowels in a size that might fit and lucked out in getting the LAST bottle of wood glue from the one and only nearby craft store that is closing and liquidating. And used a drill to clear the blocked holes. Ugh.

So, I'm very happy it's completed and the second go worked out fine.

I'm now horrified to think that they make these things in units of 6, 8, 9...even as many as 16 cubbies. If anyone ever succeeds in putting one of those (of the same quality and parts) together, esp doing it alone, you have my greatest respect, you poor tortured soul. Hell, you have it even just for trying.

1/11 -- Happy maker, the warmth on the eastern half this weekend. Upper 60s here. So nice, and awesome to be able to open the windows in January and let the house air out and try to get a little air moisture back in! Wish we could keep this weather for the rest of the winter.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-11-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #3447
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I have a MAJOR happy-maker today- after dropping and breaking my phone yesterday, thus FORCING me to get a new one, I used the info I gathered on Wednesday regarding carriers that still allow tethering (which I hadn't even realized was an issue, thinking it was on my PC's end) to both switch my phone service, and get a new one on the cheap. So now I can tether again, which means I'm back to updating my stories again!! Feels so good to be able to finally have a full sized screen and keyboard to type on while in here, not to mention it's been over two years since I could post new chapters, so I am WAAY behind on fics! Gonna take a little time today to remedy that, and hopefully I can get going on some others I've been putting off working on!

Old 01-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #3448
Leo656
The Franchise

Went down to the Monster Factory tonight for their first show of 2020. They didn't have any room for me, but they let me hang out "just in case" and sent me out to help Mex Sterling celebrate winning the Heavyweight Championship. Boss Man said he's "definitely" got plans for me on a few of the upcoming ones and to just show up and he'll put me somewhere, so that's good.

Got to make some new friends and catch up with some old ones, as usually happens. Looking forward to going back in two weeks.

An odd side note, but every promotion I work for uses me differently and insists that it's because "that's what you're perfect for." For example, at the Monster Factory I'm almost always a good guy, because "That's what you're perfect for, you're a natural white-meat babyface, you can fight from underneath and make a great comeback. As soon as people see you, they love you!" Other Place, I'm one of the top bad guys, because "That's what you're perfect for, you're an obnoxious scumbag who never shuts up. As soon as people see you, they hate you!"

I mean, good for me? It pays to be of good use in any situation, I guess. I get paid the same either way, I just think it's funny how these things go.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:47 PM   #3449
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So basically you're a real life anti-hero which leaves them guessing on where you belong?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #3450
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Made a big step in working with a company for graphic design. Talked with one of the co-owners about the logo sketches and now I'm about to digitize what we came down to.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #3451
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So basically you're a real life anti-hero which leaves them guessing on where you belong?
That's certainly a way of looking at it.

It generally astonishes people who haven't worked with me before that I can flip from one to the other extreme on a dime and be completely comfortable either way. A lot of guys mostly work one or the other 99% of the time, which can be good for perfecting your character but it can be a detriment if you're in a situation where they need you to fill a different spot on the card. Or even if they book two "good guys" or "bad guys" against each other, ONE of them has to be a little more "good" and the other a little more "bad", otherwise the crowd doesn't know what to do and they don't react to anything.

So, it always pays to be a little flexible. You increase your value tremendously that way. For my part, even when I'm a "good guy" I'm a little obnoxious. I don't have to work on it, it just comes out that way.

Now that I'm... "less hurt", I'm hoping to do a lot more this year than the last couple. Hopefully my neck and back will hold out a little longer. But I'm talking to some of the guys about working my way into more of a "character" role, like managing a few people or doing commentary or ring announcing, so that I can stay involved once my spine finally quits. I always kinda tried to model myself a little bit on Roddy Piper, so I'm hoping that I can follow some of what he did to stay involved once he couldn't perform in the ring anymore.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:50 PM   #3452
IMJ
Emperor

Wrapping up a big sale effort tonight is nice. Less stress.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #3453
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watched the Ricky Gervais "Humanity" standup deal on Netflix. Hysterical.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:22 AM   #3454
Leo656
The Franchise

Last night, I sold merch, posed for fan pics and signed autographs at a show I did not wrestle on.

It was a great show, and the entire night was a lot of fun. But stuff like that will forever be interesting, to me.

Lesson to up-and-coming workers: If you wanna make money, it pays to wear an awesome jacket and strut around like you own the place, even if you're merely an Invited Guest.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #3455
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Due to the age of my computer and its inability to have one of the required updated browsers, I knew there would eventually be a year when TurboTax wouldn't let me use it. Seems that year is this one. Buuuut... it makes me all the more grateful that my job gave us updated devices in Oct. that are really just smart phones with the call option removed, so I was totally able to use that to do my taxes.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:02 PM   #3456
Leo656
The Franchise

Technically yesterday, but I was too tired/delirious from the show last night to post about it. Even if I don't wrestle, wrestling shows are emotionally exhausting.

Anyways, so former WWF announcer and current Ring Of Honor employee Kevin Kelly was there at the Factory to help out and give a seminar (I had work so I missed the seminar ). I had met him a few years ago when he did a promo seminar at the Monster Factory. So I went to say hello and said "You probably don't remember me, but..." and he said "Of course I do!", which really surprised me. So I said "Wow, must be the haircut."

So I thanked him for all the help he gave me a few years ago and let him know I still refer to the notes I took, and mentioned how since I'm only really average as an in-ring worker it's my promo skills that I think helps me stand out the most. And he said, "Well, and your look! I mean you look like a star, whenever you walk into a room everybody stops to look at you. That's huge!"

Made me feel like a million bucks. What a sweet guy. I do think I have a good look (humble ) but it's nice to hear someone who's been in the business for 30+ years say so.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:41 AM   #3457
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Student came to me about three months ago asking for help getting into this exclusive college. This college was one of the most competitive in the nation, and only had 20 seats available. To secure a seat, one not only had to take a written exam, but also pass an interview in a foreign language on economics.

Tall order, to say the least. Add to that he could only show up to class once a week, and that's one heck of a mountain.

So I went to work planning an economics lesson in a foreign language to help him out. Meanwhile, he studied his behind off.

There were bumps, to say the least. The pressure this kid brought on themselves was intense. They had serious doubts about their chances. They had minor panic attacks in class.

His mother called me the other day to thank me for all the hard work. Said my student made it in to school. My student came by today to shake my hand and give me a gift basket. He thanked me profusely and asked if I'd be available to teach him again in the future.

Teaching has its highs and lows, but I do love it when my students go on to do great things.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #3458
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And he said, "Well, and your look! I mean you look like a star, whenever you walk into a room everybody stops to look at you. That's huge!"
It's good to know then that if you ever get injured in wrestling that you'll be able to do more than hand modeling on QVC for money!

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #3459
Leo656
The Franchise

The robe I ordered from ralphsfigureclothing.com finally arrived, so my custom Macho Man figure is one step closer to completion!

If anybody needs a shirt or jacket or whatever for your wrestling figures, they're the place to go. I'm working on several customs at the moment so I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

Old 02-06-2020, 04:36 PM   #3460
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Do they do non-rasslin' stuff? Might look them up!