The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Apparently Nick Toons Holland pulled the plug.

Last weekend saw the airing of the "Cloak and Swaggart" and "Jupiter Jim ahoy" episodes.

This time around, no mention of the "Rise" series on the website, no promo clips on the channel itself.

In addition, when walking into toy shops, I saw the "Rise" toys in the bargain bins already.

It was more sudden than I thought.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

We've been pretty sure this show wouldn't continue for quite a while now, a foreign market pulling the plug isn't that weird.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:20 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just give me that sweet Rise is Cancelled notice so I can celebrate
Old 01-05-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
sdp
-

It wouldn't be a bad move to move it to netflix, the 2012 show is there in some markets, the movie is really something, it should be out this year but is it only Rise? is it a crossover movie? If it's only rise it seems doomed to fail even on Netflix which for Netflix they might not want to carry any more tmnt stuff.

Does Rise have a niche online following at least? I also wonder if the writers knew this movie could be the last and that they weren't renewed for a S3, so at least it can work as some sort of series finale for this show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Just give me that sweet Rise is Cancelled notice so I can celebrate
It's been cancelled. You can celebrate.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

This really doesn't warrant its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Does Rise have a niche online following at least? I also wonder if the writers knew this movie could be the last and that they weren't renewed for a S3, so at least it can work as some sort of series finale for this show.
Tumblr loves it, but that's not enough, obviously. Not quite the kids toy demo.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:35 PM   #7
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

Do kids even play with toys anymore though? Seems to me kids are wanting electronic gadgets, not toys.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I was trying to figure out who Nick "Toons" Holland is.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I was trying to figure out who Nick "Toons" Holland is.
I thought he meant Tom Holland who is Spiderman and I got confused.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #10
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

It also has a sizable following on Twitter(with the creator of Hazbin Hotel singing its praise https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status...62062858289154) in fact the ladder scene is what made me give this show another chance and I'm glad I did. Also fun fact its has the 8th highest place on the TMNT subreddit with a flair in animation.

On-Topic I kinda knew this series wouldn't last even though I still hope this gets another season, even at the start when this show aired I kinda had a feeling this would be sort of a buffer between the Nick show and the next big thing where the creators could experiment more and for me the experiment worked and I'm glad we got a iteration that does its own thing instead of being a Frankenstein monster of everything that came before it. Heck I should be happy it got 52 episodes and a possible movie, most action shows I like don't get as many episodes(especially Motorcity which I consider RotTMNT to be a spiritual successor) and the fact we still have the reminder of season 2 still gets me hyped.

It ain't super popular with the TMNT fans now but give it a couple of years and I see it in the vein of Batman Brave and the Bold or The Looney Tunes Show an iteration that's hated at first but later people will enjoy it because it is more of a different take.

Another thing it did was removed the awful taste the later seasons of 2k12 left in my mouth so that's a plus.

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-05-2020 at 10:03 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #11
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

So it's officially cancelled than? I hope the series has Leo become the leader at some point in season two, I'd hate to leave things as is. This may not have been my favorite version of Leo but the heck with leaving Raph as leader for a series LOL.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:12 AM   #12
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
So it's officially cancelled than? I hope the series has Leo become the leader at some point in season two, I'd hate to leave things as is. This may not have been my favorite version of Leo but the heck with leaving Raph as leader for a series LOL.
Something about Raph being in charge seems to rub you the wrong way based on your posts.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #13
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It wouldn't be a bad move to move it to netflix
You know with Nick's recent Netflix deal, moving the show there really would be the best option, if Nick is interested in continuing the show.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:30 PM   #14
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Something about Raph being in charge seems to rub you the wrong way based on your posts.
To be honest, I'm a huge Raphael fan, he's my most favorite fictional character of all time, and him being the leader of the TMNT rubs me the wrong way as well.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:22 AM   #15
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
To be honest, I'm a huge Raphael fan, he's my most favorite fictional character of all time, and him being the leader of the TMNT rubs me the wrong way as well.
How so for you?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:11 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

52 episodes is still a pretty decent run. Nick gave it a chance to stretch its legs so to speak.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yay, someone gets me. Same for me with Leo, most favorite ever. Sure, there's others (non-TMNT) I've liked to some degree over time, but no one comes close to this guy in all of my 40 years.

While I have begrudgingly [not really quite] accepted Raph stealing Leo's job this go around (as throwing his normal personality and who he just normally is under the bus is a lot worse issue for me), it's stupid that they really haven't even made it matter. The thing they've done most with Raph as leader is just...repeatedly tell us that he is.

Side note... while this one seems to be slowly fading, even just today while stocking the greeting cards at one of the stores I do I got more in of a 2012 version TMNT kid b-day card. Go figure. Maybe they still have a lot, or maybe it sells good enough to continue keeping the license for it? Has a 2018 copyright, while that series was already over by then and 'Rise' starting.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-07-2020 at 01:47 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #18
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yay, someone gets me. Same for me with Leo, most favorite ever. Sure, there's others (non-TMNT) I've liked to some degree over time, but no one comes close to this guy in all of my 40 years.

While I have begrudgingly [not really quite] accepted Raph stealing Leo's job this go around (as throwing his normal personality and who he just normally is under the bus is a lot worse issue for me), it's stupid that they really haven't even made it matter. The thing they've done most with Raph as leader is just...repeatedly tell us that he is.
The way I saw it was that in "Rise" we basically had the Raphael from the 2012 series' episode "New Girl in town" if he had succeeded in taking over the leadership role.

Because...

Mikey: Wow, we're totally losing!
Raph: Really, I hadn't noticed.
Mikey: Then get your head back into the game, you're supposed to be the LEADER!

Almost every scene during the fight against Snakeweed had the others reminding Raph that he leads the team.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I thought he meant Tom Holland who is Spiderman and I got confused.
Holland is a region in the Netherlands, and somehow the name Holland has ended up as another name for the entire country.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:22 AM   #20
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
How so for you?
I don't know if this makes sense or not, but Raphael's whole personality screams as a devil's advocate, but because of that impatient, angry side of him, he doesn't quite have what it takes to be a leader everyone can look up to. At the same time, Leo does have that perfect disposition and respect from his brothers to be the ideal leader, but because he is so in sync with his personal harmony, I can never see someone like him being a devil's advocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
It's a combination of situations that kept the love alive. Main thing, while everyone in my life liked either Superman or Batman, this was a character that came out during my childhood, and stuck around for all of these years so it made keeping him a favorite easy. If there was a character back then that could challenge Raphael's top spot, it would have to be Thirty Thirty from the short running show BraveStarr.

Quote:
You have more patience than me. I personally couldn't get into the show because I just didn't care for the animation look. Even then, I understand how frustrating it is to see characters not progress. These show runners need to understand that the TMNT franchise fairs better when it's treated more like Harry Potter than something like South Park.

Quote:
Side note... while this one seems to be slowly fading, even just today while stocking the greeting cards at one of the stores I do I got more in of a 2012 version TMNT kid b-day card. Go figure. Maybe they still have a lot, or maybe it sells good enough to continue keeping the license for it? Has a 2018 copyright, while that series was already over by then and 'Rise' starting.
I won't be surprised that Nick or whoever is in charge at the time, was using every means possible to squash the 2012 show so as to promote their new thing. I also noticed that happening with youtube in the past, when looking for anything TMNT, anything tied with whatever was new would be front and center, while trying to find anything to the 2003 or 80's renditions were not so easily found, even if the view count was very high.

Funny enough, my favorite TMNT MV was about 2003 Leonardo, to the song "Numb" from Linkin Park. I think it was called The Prodigal Son. Shame, it was on youtube for 8 years until finally copyright censors took it off.