The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #61
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

WOW. Just WOW!! When Irma was revealed to be Gilbert Gotfried I was like... W...T...H?! Now THAT's how to do a plot twist!!!

I thought it was sweet when Karai saved her daddy. Show's she's not corrupted.

But sad that the turtles and splinter are now seperated. :/ But now we'll be able to see the ole farm that's uh... "upstate"... I guess in the Nick universe Massachusetts is part of NY.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #62
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Am I the only one that laughed when Kirby got mutated...

I'm no sadist...but..the way he was like "groovy!!" then got doused with mutagen made me burst out laughing XDD

oh Kirby...you will never NOT be mutated.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #63
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Only halfway through but oh my god, this is fantastic

And all this Leo Donnie confljct
Old 09-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #64
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

this finale also proves to me that this series is 10 times better than the fred wolf series. everything is taken much more seriously and you can get emotionally connected with characters
Old 09-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #65
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Am I the only one that laughed when Kirby got mutated...

I'm no sadist...but..the way he was like "groovy!!" then got doused with mutagen made me burst out laughing XDD

oh Kirby...you will never NOT be mutated.
Really? He says groovy and then hit with mutagen? Sorry, but that is hilarious. I'm looking forward to that.

I guess it will be an onrunning gag, Kirby being screwed by the Kraang every season. By the end if the series, Kirby will be committed, I guarantee it...sorta like how after I read book 4 of HP like 14 years ago, I was like, "Harry is going to snap at some point...I don't know how, but he will and I will laugh when he does." Book 5 came along. Close enough. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
this finale also proves to me that this series is 10 times better than the fred wolf series. everything is taken much more seriously and you can get emotionally connected with characters
Not really comparable. Different time, different audience. The 80s turtles show was normal for the time. Episodic, slapstick humor.

Last edited by Jester; 09-19-2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: 2x posts
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #66
crd2082
Mouser

Quote:
I actually liked this episode!

Mikey was just PERFECT!!!! all the feels.....Him kicking butt! trying to bring his bros together! and hugging Raph!! I almost couldn't take it!!! XD

April and her powers are still annoying....how could you NOT figure out something was up with Irma??

Irma.....oh Irma....you will be missed as the normal girl.

but yea.....Mikey made the episode for me XD

oh and poor Leo....
I concur with all of this. As a Mikey fan it was SO good to finally see an episode where he was done right all the way through.

-Loved how he kept fighting against Krang sub-Prime even though he was pinned down instead of cowering and forgetting he was a ninja (although he did run away when Irma head attacked, but I would have to so I can't be mad at him),

-Loved how he soloed like five krang droids in five seconds flat in order to protect Donnie and April

-Loved how he wasn't portrayed as an idiot,

-Loved his inappropriate wisecracks on April and Kirby. (Telling Kirby reality is worse than his dreams seemed like something '90 movie Mikey would have said. And the more Nick Mikey reminds me of Movie Mikey, the happier I am.)

-Loved him calling Leo 47 times.

-LOVED HIM HUGGING RAPH TO CALM HIM DOWN!! Despite the inconsistencies with Mikey's behavior the Mikey/Raph relationship has been done incredibly well throughout the show.

I'm so glad he didn't revert back to his old self after returning from Dimension X. As long as we continue to get compassionate, badass goofball Mikey I'll enjoy this show even more than I do already.

Also, the assault on Leo was very well done. In fact, the entire second half of the finale was brilliant.
crd2082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #67
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Ah!! I just thought of something!!!

You guys said the lair was destroyed. What happened to Timothy and ICK?!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
Only halfway through but oh my god, this is fantastic

And all this Leo Donnie confljct
Really can't wait for this. I so can't wait to see the conflict how it will be resolved after the fact. I'm glad they're doing this with the two calm turtles who rarely ever have disputes as opposed to the traditional Leo and Raph conflict.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:03 PM   #68
Commenter 42
Banned

This, THIS, is why I've been ragging on the PD crapfest.

I loved every second of this finale. Epic, fantastic, wild!
Great story telling, amazing moments, and left me wanting more!

Just, look at this thread! Look at all the joy, the love the enthusiasm!

Amazingly, this isn't the TMNT we all grew up with, but it's a great TMNT, and possibly the best of all versions tied together!

Nick has a good thing going with Ciro and his team. So good. So damned good.

Time to pass the live action baton PD...

It's Ciro's turn to bat.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #69
Electric
Epic Hiatus

freakin chills, i just have to go through everything

-irma twist, indecisive. I mean yeah, biggest plot twist since rahzar, which you all know i loved, but i was starting to like irma

-leo donnie butting heads, literally. This conflict is incredible

-Raph sticking up for donnie to casey

-Good raph casey scenes

-epic leo scenes. him fighting all 3 henchman was possibly the most epic scene to date

-shredder vs splinter epic as always, added with a twist of fricking incredible leatherhead

-this series is no longer holding back. mutating everyone into monstrosities, implied slashing of leo and splinter and leatherhead, implied crushing of quite a few things

-hey, what do you know, the humans joined in the fight

-leo one shot done incredibly

-raph reacting like he did was incredible, and only made better when mikey stopped him

-speaking of mikey. YES. he is the heart and soul of this team. incredible raph and mikey moments

-poor kirby, almost becoming a running gag of him being misfortunate enough to go through all this

-donnie stepping up while leo was out of comission

-Donnie acknowledging timothy

-karai saving splinter

So much loss, so much epicness. this is undoubtedly the best episode in this entire series yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Ah!! I just thought of something!!!

You guys said the lair was destroyed. What happened to Timothy and ICK?!!!!

Really can't wait for this. I so can't wait to see the conflict how it will be resolved after the fact. I'm glad they're doing this with the two calm turtles who rarely ever have disputes as opposed to the traditional Leo and Raph conflict.
double post sorry

as they go back to the lair, donnie tells them to take one thing each, raph a picture of spike, mikey takes ick in a cooler, and donnie takes his box of stuff and his bag, then walks over to a still frozen tim and says "we'll be back for you. if were not, youll thaw out in about 70 years. hopefully the world will be a better place then"

so glad they included this scene, they did not leave anything out. Aprils dad, check. caseys family, explained. lair, gone, shell raiser, gone. tim, frozen. ick taken. slash, referenced. karai, shown.

ugh just incredible.

also just to note, in aprils moments remembering the lair, theres a flash of her dual wielding tessen

Last edited by Jester; 09-19-2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: 2x posts
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #70
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
also just to note, in aprils moments remembering the lair, theres a flash of her dual wielding tessen
yea and her showing some bonding moments with the boys.
that would have been nice to see ON SCREEN ya know!!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #71
Iampinoy
Mouser

Such a great episode! Cant wait for season 3!

Spoiler:
Was I the only one waiting for Spike to show up?
Iampinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #72
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

That was a fantastic episode, ok so had Donnie followed Leo's orders think all of this could have been avoided?

I'm kind of glad the turtles got separated from Splinter, hopefully for the third season as I'd like to see them fight and survive without his help for a while.

Poor Leo, his fights were some of the best of the final but ouch. Wonder what kind of arc they'll do for him next season? Guilt? Revenge mode like what happened in the 2003 series for a bit? Hey'll mature after a while so, I like the idea

Mikey was great here, really showed what a great stand up guy he can be.

Hurray! Maybe this love triangle crap can finally be resolved and move forward, let Donnie move on and go back to the turtle we know and love. The jealous side shows him at his worst

I hope next season, Donnie feels guilty over his actions towards Leo.

Pretty awesome, can't wait for season three

Edit;

Forgot the surprising moment, Irma's crazy secret. WTF crack pot theory was thatXD
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:32 PM   #73
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
yea and her showing some bonding moments with the boys.
that would have been nice to see ON SCREEN ya know!!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #74
miru
Mad Scientist

Maybe there is actually a real Irma out there, and the Kraang was a poser?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #75
Zatoichi
Thug

Just finished watching the season finale... wow, just wow. The writing in this show just keeps getting better and better! I'm looking forward to season 3.

Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:48 PM   #76
Zatoichi
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Maybe there is actually a real Irma out there, and the Kraang was a poser?
I like it if there was but judging from what Gilbert Subprime said, not very likely. I was just starting to like that character too, she reminded me of a slightly punk version of Velma.

Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #77
Kilowog
Thug

I dont know why by that awkward screencap from Space Heroes that Mikey assigns as his icon for Leo on his T-Phone cracked me up hard
Kilowog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #78
Warhorse
Emperor

I was so hyped for this episode, and, I left disappointed. Actually, I'm kind of like right now, f%^&*ck this episode! I know there were very good scenes, plots, but I was just so turned off with what happened with Irma (I hate this with a passion!) and that we never got to see Raphael go ape sh!t on what happened to Leo. He didn't even seemed too upset. He spent half the damn time running from the Kraang. I hate what the writers are doing to Raph! Why do they hate him so much? All they do is make him into a bully and a crybaby? Where is the tough as nails, defend his family to the death with a heart of gold?

And it seems like they are slowly letting Apritello die. This is the only thing that was keeping me watching since the Raphael good parts are few and far inbetween.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #79
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Loved every minute of the finale! I tried to be good and watch it next Friday but man, as soon as we saw it on Nick.com, better half and I watched. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Irma twist. I loved it, but it also freaked me out! Didn't see that coming at all. New Yorkers mutated into Kraang-like creatures? Nope. Didn't see that coming either. The fight scenes were incredible, but it left me wanting to binge watch the entire third season which hasn't even aired yet. Shredder is still a great villain in this incarnation, but I outright hated him in this finale. I don't feel that Leatherhead and Splinter going to town on him was punishment enough. Mikey was terrific as always. There was such certainty in his voice when he was calming Raph down and assuring him that everything would be alright. Cipes nailed the compassion bit vocally as well. Can't wait to see what is in store for the boys and co in season 3. How the heck is New York going to bounce back from this? Will Bishop take part in the cleanup? Is there a real Irma out there somewhere? And how am I going to pass the time until the season 3 premiere in two weeks? Very pumped for what's to come. It's been a great ride so far, and a joy discussing the show with all of you. Wouldn't be as epic if not for you dromers.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #80
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I was so hyped for this episode, and, I left disappointed. Actually, I'm kind of like right now, f%^&*ck this episode! I know there were very good scenes, plots, but I was just so turned off with what happened with Irma (I hate this with a passion!) and that we never got to see Raphael go ape sh!t on what happened to Leo. He didn't even seemed too upset. He spent half the damn time running from the Kraang. I hate what the writers are doing to Raph! Why do they hate him so much? All they do is make him into a bully and a crybaby? Where is the tough as nails, defend his family to the death with a heart of gold?

And it seems like they are slowly letting Apritello die. This is the only thing that was keeping me watching since the Raphael good parts are few and far inbetween.
I figured you would feel this way.....I'm sorry...I also thought it was pretty weird how Raph didn't react more to Leo.

I guess they are giving that to Donnie....(I say painfully)

but yea at least Apriltello dying down. (I hope they don't have Casey screw it up and make him out to be a jerk)

Tags
episode discussion, irma