The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Why you gotta Pent up my rage, Leo?!
Mother Russia! 18 17.14%
Attack, Vicious Snake Woman! 22 20.95%
1987 called, it wants its jumpsuit back! 57 54.29%
I don't wanna be a mutant, the ladies Love me!!! 8 7.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #61
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Could the Comet be in relation to this?

The Comet was a diesel-electric streamliner built in 1935 for the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad by the Goodyear-Zeppelin Company.[1] Smaller than the other streamliners, it was a three-car, double-ended train that could operate in both directions and thus did not need to be turned at destinations—ideal for the New Haven's cramped terminus at South Station in Boston.

I see it was built by Goodyear-Zeppelin company, and what else did they build? Blimps come to mind.
DING DING DING DING!!! Give the man a prize! Nice to see people have done their homework! If it is remotely like that, we should get someone to make you fan art. (I'd offer, but I can't draw. I'm a writer, though!)

This was a pretty sweet episode. The sound was acting wonky at times, so a few words were absent here and there, but I still caught the jist of what they were saying. Nice to see Bebop and Rocksteady won't be totally nimrods in this one (but I SO want to hear Bebop yell "MAMAAA!!!") And as a Michael Jackson fan, I do like how he was imitating him.

BTW, did you notice how Donnie said the retromutagen wasn't finished....IN FRONT OF THE KRAANG?!?! I wonder if they'll rely that message to Shredder. OR maybe Kraang Prime and she'll want him taken out so that the retromutagen won't be used to undo their progress.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #62
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

They threw logic out the window so we can get B&R.

How are you going to get out of the city?
There are several freighters in the harbor. There's a plane in your hideout.
The docks apparently aren't even attached to the city. At least a mile away. If all else fails, you can just walk out.

Really, any resourceful person would have done something other than eating ketchup roaches. What's on the menu? A lot of pathogens.

But no, let's hatch a dangerous plan that even Robb Stark would say was stupid.

And no. The Comet ran between Boston and Providence. Above-ground, destroyed in 1951. Not even close to NYC. The Silver Comet spanned the east coast, also above-ground, terminated in 1970. I don't care what it is, really. They're just going to follow her goo-trail until they find her again so clues are pointless and just bad writing.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #63
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

That what happens to those who hurt me and my daughter!! MUHAHAHAAHAHAHA !! Those 2 fools thought that they could get away with it! Now i have 2 more mutants in my foot ninja army!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #64
Vicky82
Emperor

I just rewatched the episode (in better quality)

Mikey drew some pictures of Raph including one of Raph picking his nose
I had a feeling they be going back to the old lair to pick up stuff. When they got something for Mikey, I thought it was going to be his collection of comics and underwear turns out it was his tv
I thought Mikey was awesome when he was talking to Karai trying to get through to her and telling her it's Mikey your brother, so cute.
Ivan is brutal when he fights and that punch to Raph was brutal and he had a bruise.
Liked that Mikey said that they use stealth to get past the Kraang.
My heart broke when Karai says she's dangerous.
I wonder if there is going to be more tension between Fishface and Rahzar.
Loved the little moments between Leo and Karai.
The fight between the Turtles and Shredder was awesome and you could tell the turtles are getting a lot better.
I noticed that Mikey bitched slapped Shredder with his nunchucks, also I think Mikey nearly broke Shredders neck.
Now we got Rocksteady and Bebop, I can't wait to see them in action.

Something I thought of the other day and I wondered if there could be a shortage of food with New York being closed off most of everyone mutated and maybe still a few people left and as it's been months since the start of the invasion so most of food has probably gone off now.

Watching this episode today and I wonder I could be right about the food shortage when Zeck said they have no food left and now eating bugs and moldy ketchup but later we see Mikey making pizza so was Zeck refering too having no food in the hideout or New York itself.

Last edited by Vicky82; 02-01-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #65
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

It's 10pm in the UK and I FINALLY saw the episode.

*deep breathing*

I think my favourite parts were:
Leo one-on-one with Shredder
Rahzar chuckling about being a warthog
Attack mad snake woman
Fisfhface smashing through the dock to knock Zeck out
Mikey's drawings
April's only in the first few minutes
The dock and Baxter's lab are such cool settings
Karai's back! Almost...

Least favourite parts
Not enough Casey or Tiger Claw

I do wonder if the people complaining about dodgy Asian stereotypes will say anything about Sterenko playing up to dodgy Russian stereotypes. Probably not.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #66
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

One of the only parts I liked was Anton Zeck imitating Michael Jackson.

SHAMONE!

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #67
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
That what happens to those who hurt me and my daughter!! MUHAHAHAAHAHAHA !! Those 2 fools thought that they could get away with it! Now i have 2 more mutants in my foot ninja army!!!
who let you out of the insane asylum. Your not shredder and its not funny when you type like is so Stop it.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #68
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Another Amazing Episode!

Loved the dock setting and that Battle Royal was just Awesome.

"Let her go and I'll let you all live!" - I see a lot of Mirage Leo has infused into Nick Leo. Very nice.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #69
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

Great Episode.....
I thought Today's Episode was entirely too short....
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #70
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Loved this episode. It had a ton of really funny bits, like Mikey's terrible drawings and how happy he was to get his TV back. I just wonder how Casey and April could get past that guard robot in the Lair when the turtles couldn't? Perhaps it was patrolling other areas at that time.
Unlike most people, I actually really loved Zeck in this episode.
I also loved Fishface and Rahzar's exchange.
Rahzar: Why can't I bring her to Shredder?"
Fishface: "Because you're too huge and bony to ride this bike!"
I've also really warmed up to Steranko. It was one of the many highlights of the episode for me when he was fighting with the Communist symbol behind him. "Mother Russia!" Most stereotypical Russian character I've ever seen, but he's awesome. Also, I loved how casually he said, "I have your snake daughter."
The fight at the docks was amazing, of course. My mouth fell open when I saw how Leo could fight so well blow-for-blow against Shredder and had to rewind it several times to watch it again. The turtles are getting really good.
While it is quite obvious that Shredder was never a good father to Karai, he seems really devoted to getting her back, even though she doesn't want to be with him. For months he hasn't given up on her and he really hated it when she was brought to him with a chain around her neck. I bet he hates the turtles more than ever now, since it was Leo's "fault" that she got mutated, for jumping up to save her and making Shredder accidentally cut the chain to drop her into the mutagen that he had so lovingly caged her above.
"Attack, vicious snake woman!"

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #71
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I noticed that Mikey bitched slapped Shredder with his nunchucks, also I think Mikey neally broke Shredders neck.
I started "cracking" up when Shredder cracked his neck (Ha. See what I did there?) and Mikey's just like, "OH DAMN."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post

Leo one-on-one with Shredder
I'm really liking the foreshadowing for that Leo vs. Shredder fight. He definitely went at Shredder the most out of the four, which is something I liked.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #72
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Wolf View Post
Great Episode.....
I thought Today's Episode was entirely too short....
I've felt that way about quite a lot of season three. Vision Quest especially.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone else love the appearance of the Russian Flag behind Rocksteady when he was human?

I wonder if all his Russian mannerisms will be carried over.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #74
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Another good episode. Not great but entertaining. It was nice to see the turtles fight the Shredder again even though they never beat him. We learn that Karai has limited control over her serpent abilities. And if course, Rocksteady and Bebop! Hopefully they prove to be a threat to the turtles as opposed to just another set of mutant goons.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #75
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I noticed that Mikey bitched slapped Shredder with his nunchucks, also I think Mikey neally broke Shredders neck.
Oh, I noticed it too.
So how can he survive it - Now if Mikey broke his neck?
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #76
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
DING DING DING DING!!! Give the man a prize! Nice to see people have done their homework! If it is remotely like that, we should get someone to make you fan art. (I'd offer, but I can't draw. I'm a writer, though!)

This was a pretty sweet episode. The sound was acting wonky at times, so a few words were absent here and there, but I still caught the jist of what they were saying. Nice to see Bebop and Rocksteady won't be totally nimrods in this one (but I SO want to hear Bebop yell "MAMAAA!!!") And as a Michael Jackson fan, I do like how he was imitating him.

BTW, did you notice how Donnie said the retromutagen wasn't finished....IN FRONT OF THE KRAANG?!?! I wonder if they'll rely that message to Shredder. OR maybe Kraang Prime and she'll want him taken out so that the retromutagen won't be used to undo their progress.
I'm actually a woman, but thanks. My brother, the train fan, came up with the whole Comet being a train thing and I researched it from there. I'm also a writer, but I love fan art. So many people are crazy good.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #77
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Maybe by the Comet, Karai was referring to the Technodrome?
Remember at the very end of the season 1 finale, when the Technodrome lit up again, and it hasn't been seen since? Well I think the Kraang moved all of the mutated New Yorkers into a shared dimension to update the Technodrome so the Kraang take over the rest of the world. Pretty much, New York has become slave labor. And the Technodrome sort of did look like a giant comet, but I could be wrong because I think Karai would still have enough sense in her to know what the Technodrome's name was to warn Leo about it.
It's a long shot, but I'm only guessing.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #78
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Bebop's fighting style is pretty amusing, he dances a lot and I think I heard some Michael Jackson lyrics! Rocksteady's knuckle mark on Raph's face lmaoooooo

The mutation scene of Bebop & Rocksteady is kinda sad, they literally begged for their life. And when the deed was done, they wailed heavily at their fate.

Bravo Ciro and team.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #79
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

KARAI. Finally!! That is all.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #80
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Good God, they made Zeck so annoying this episode. I thought he was slick and funny in Kuro Kabuto, but I can't stand him today.
I've found him annoying each time so far. Which is a shame because Bebop has always been my favorite of the two, I like his designs, I even love JB Smoove, but eugh... This whole Michael Tron Jackson thing is just, I dunno. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Now I wish I hadn't been spoiled by the NYCC animatic and seen this real deal for the first time instead! The scene felt so much darker and less comical with all the background music and everything.
Man, I felt the same way.

Overall, this episode didn't really do it for me. It's important in that established things that needed happen to moves the story along, but it's nothing we didn't know was coming so it left me a bit unenthusiastic. Like, I dunno, advancing the plot is all there was to it, I felt. Does that make sense? I didn't find myself on the edge of my seat or laughing a lot, I just watched. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but it felt predictable. & all that hype over B&R just to get one tiny (already revealed) mutation scene at the end, no action on their part. Bleh. I liked that we got to see Splinter is very troubled by his daughter's absence & mutation (as well as his fatherly praise to Leo, a sweet moment), that we know Karai has some humanity left (which I'm hoping means her sub-plot won't be dragged out too much longer), getting a good glimpse of B&R's banter/dynamic was cool, & I liked the turtles' assertiveness at the docks. But I dislike that Fishface & Rahzar have been reduced to cowering fools, like B&R used to be in the OT. Kind of insulting to the new original characters that they'd be replaced & mocked by the original dumb duo.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, karai, serpent hunt