The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #21
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Something's not quite right here.
Its a video game

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I hate all these guest characters but from what I was told it's thanks to them that DLC sells a lot so I guess if Rambo joining MK for no reason means we get a few more MK characters it's ok. Still weird to see all the females covered up in a MK game, hopefully by the time MK12 comes out that trend has passed.
Ed Boon said they were moving away from sexualizing the women. That's why they're all mostly covered up now, if you compare the outfits from MK9 from 2011 to now it's a world of difference.

Mortal Kombat is woke now, which is ironic since the series rose to fame based on extreme violence. Same reason Jacqui (Jax's daughter from the future), was brought back despite her unpopularity in the franchise because she's a strong independent black female who needs no man.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:29 AM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Mortal Kombat is owned by AT&T not Disney, they'll do whatever is popular at the time MK12 is likely 3 years away at the earliest so we can wait and see what the trend is by then. Ed Boon is just a yes man in the end and has to follow whatever he is told to do. Non sexualized MK isn't mortal kombat. I can see MK going back to its roots, let's see what direction the movie goes for and if it's successful MK12 will go that direction.

They definitely went overboard with the outfits for the women in this version though they're so covered up it doesn't even look like they can fight well, especially when you have Street Fighter doing the opposite having their characters with fanservice. Looks ridiculous on MK though because it's like taking blood out of a future MK game. I'm kind of glad Jacqui came back though I liked the Kombat Kids from MKX.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:23 PM   #24
frank_one
Mad Scientist

You know who I would like to see joining the roster? Casey Jones from the 1990 movie. He sure can fight.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:03 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
You know who I would like to see joining the roster? Casey Jones from the 1990 movie. He sure can fight.
I would except I'm in no rush to see Elias get his entrails ripped out in realistic HD.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #26
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I hate all these guest characters but from what I was told it's thanks to them that DLC sells a lot so I guess if Rambo joining MK for no reason means we get a few more MK characters it's ok.
According to NRS, guest characters sell the most out of DLC chars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The book First Blood is the tragic story of the trauma of war can stick with you until you die, effectively meaning the war is never over for you.

Now the main character of said book is fighting over the top aliens and fantasy martial artists alongside the Terminator and Spawn.

Something's not quite right here.
I think you should take the issue with Rambo sequels, they were the ones that turned anti-war character into ACTION SUPER SHOOTY SHOOTY MAN.
MK just takes the most known incarnation of a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mortal Kombat is woke now, which is ironic since the series rose to fame based on extreme violence. Same reason Jacqui (Jax's daughter from the future), was brought back despite her unpopularity in the franchise because she's a strong independent black female who needs no man.
Ironically they got rid of the only openly gay character in a series, Kung Jin, to make place for angry black woman with a boring gameplay.

Quote:
Mortal Kombat is owned by AT&T not Disney, they'll do whatever is popular at the time MK12 is likely 3 years away at the earliest so we can wait and see what the trend is by then. Ed Boon is just a yes man in the end and has to follow whatever he is told to do. Non sexualized MK isn't mortal kombat. I can see MK going back to its roots, let's see what direction the movie goes for and if it's successful MK12 will go that direction.

They definitely went overboard with the outfits for the women in this version though they're so covered up it doesn't even look like they can fight well, especially when you have Street Fighter doing the opposite having their characters with fanservice. Looks ridiculous on MK though because it's like taking blood out of a future MK game. I'm kind of glad Jacqui came back though I liked the Kombat Kids from MKX.
If lil' Johnny sees Scorpion tearing his opponent to bloody shreds, using his guts as a rope, it won't harm lil' Johnny.
If lil' Johnny sees boobs he will become RAPIST PERVERT SEXIST WOMAN BEATER!!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Seriously. We need to get away from this pretense that guys (or anyone, really) don't like looking at good-looking, under-dressed women. Of course we do. The "White Knight" stuff needs to stop. Especially when chicks get all the beefcake they want, but men looking at scantily-clad females is "toxic".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I actually like that Kitana is Asian now (at least in terms of look, in reality she's from Edenia), whereas she never looked like that in past games.

Also Sonya's new outfit fits her better than any of the old ones and Cassie is great. Jade also looks the best she ever did, don't care for the hood/muslim default outfit but the secondary one with her long hair is great.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote