The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #321
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ha, I just woke up from a dream in which Leo & Donnie arrived. Though they were shipped loose for whatever reason, I didn't have their packaging. All was well except for the fact my Leo had two right hands.
Lol I often have dream about finding amazing figures in stores and am really confused why I've never seen or heard of the figures before. The figures in my dreams are usually top quality (better than most real life figures) but sometimes have weird gimmicks or are of really obscure characters that would never have figures made. I think I once dreamt of finding new Bebop and Rocksteady figures, modern quality and made for collectors, but they were in oversized inflatable spacesuits for some reason. And I think a Krang figure that was packaged inside a transparent frisbee or something. Ha.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #322
Powder
So tired of this place

Dude, me too, I can't tell you how often that happens. At least once a month, I'd figure. Like you said, they're usually either really obscure characters, other times I find interesting bootlegs or characters that didn't exist at all, completely original ones that were meant to be parts of the early 90's stuff but somehow never saw release. The only one I can remember well was a bald eagle Rambo parody. There may have been one of "Death", too, from the Archie comics. Sure wish I had half the stuff I've seen in my sleeping state...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #323
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Ha, I just woke up from a dream in which Leo & Donnie arrived. Though they were shipped loose for whatever reason, I didn't have their packaging. All was well except for the fact my Leo had two right hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
Lol I often have dream about finding amazing figures in stores and am really confused why I've never seen or heard of the figures before. The figures in my dreams are usually top quality (better than most real life figures) but sometimes have weird gimmicks or are of really obscure characters that would never have figures made. I think I once dreamt of finding new Bebop and Rocksteady figures, modern quality and made for collectors, but they were in oversized inflatable spacesuits for some reason. And I think a Krang figure that was packaged inside a transparent frisbee or something. Ha.
Quote:
Dude, me too, I can't tell you how often that happens. At least once a month, I'd figure. Like you said, they're usually either really obscure characters, other times I find interesting bootlegs or characters that didn't exist at all, completely original ones that were meant to be parts of the early 90's stuff but somehow never saw release. The only one I can remember well was a bald eagle Rambo parody. There may have been one of "Death", too, from the Archie comics. Sure wish I had half the stuff I've seen in my sleeping state...
Haha, Turtles on the brain!

Once in a while, I'll dream that a never-before-seen episode of the Fred Wolf cartoon finally gets discovered and released to the public. As a kid back in the 90s, I'd dream about what it might be like to see Krang in a live-action TMNT movie. Can't really say I've ever had dreams about action figures, in a long time though.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #324
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Sh Figuarts cartoon classic turtle details on Leo and some other nuggets of info. Starts about 15:20 of the video. We should see some other prototypes at SDCC!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9m0p51QWmhQ
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #325
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Haha, Turtles on the brain!

Once in a while, I'll dream that a never-before-seen episode of the Fred Wolf cartoon finally gets discovered and released to the public. As a kid back in the 90s, I'd dream about what it might be like to see Krang in a live-action TMNT movie. Can't really say I've ever had dreams about action figures, in a long time though.
Just had another one last night. Dreamt I went to K-mart & found some weird TMNT figures I've never seen before, there was a parasite, a mosquito, a gargoyle, & an alternate sculpt Wingnut. They were dope! They also had these Mighty Max inspired things that were rad.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:14 PM   #326
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just had another one last night. Dreamt I went to K-mart & found some weird TMNT figures I've never seen before, there was a parasite, a mosquito, a gargoyle, & an alternate sculpt Wingnut. They were dope! They also had these Mighty Max inspired things that were rad.
Powder, what you need to do is draw this sh*t so someone can sculpt them! Someone needs to do a line of figures either in the vein of the 80s line or even the unproduced stuff. Kind of like those kickstarters that keep showing up for 80s style toys.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #327
Powder
So tired of this place

Heh, I have a bunch of designs & a concept to do that very thing one day... Just gotta either find a partner or fine-tune my sculpting abilities.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:11 AM   #328
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Sh Figuarts cartoon classic turtle details on Leo and some other nuggets of info. Starts about 15:20 of the video. We should see some other prototypes at SDCC!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9m0p51QWmhQ
hmm i hope they change the shell a little bit. i remember in the cartoon it was more straight and they have it formed more to their bodies, and its hanging down a bit more. still looks nice though and it wont stop me from getting these
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:16 AM   #329
madyankees
Hench Mutant

Does anyone know how come Japanese websites like AmiAmi and HLJ has yet to list them for pre order? Kinda strange
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #330
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madyankees View Post
Does anyone know how come Japanese websites like AmiAmi and HLJ has yet to list them for pre order? Kinda strange
They're Tamashii Web Exclusives in Japan that's likely why.

The line has been planned from the beginning to be Exclusives to their Website in Japan and more widely available in the U.S. because the Turtles are more popular here in the States.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:37 AM   #331
madyankees
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
They're Tamashii Web Exclusives in Japan that's likely why.

The line has been planned from the beginning to be Exclusives to their Website in Japan and more widely available in the U.S. because the Turtles are more popular here in the States.
Oh I see. What a bummer. I was hoping one of them will give us a better deal. 7000 yen is steep.
Looks like I might have to pass on these
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #332
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

im sure they will sell out quick
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #333
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Old 04-17-2016, 01:07 AM   #334
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

they look sweet but i hope they tighten up the arm joints, they have too much of a gap
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #335
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Man, those pics are off putting. The loose joints look awful. These aren't cheap figures, hope they fix that, If they don't, may opt not to get these.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #336
Schildpad
Thug

Where were the pictures taken?

Great pics Lil Karai! I love them! I don't mind the gap at all. It seems way better than with the Revoltech figures. Are these official pics or you personally take them? Also, what is the scale? I know it's about 6 inches but there is still some difference in the 6 inch scale between toylines. Are they (a lot) bigger or smaller than the Playmates collector figures for example?
Schildpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:27 AM   #337
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
they look sweet but i hope they tighten up the arm joints, they have too much of a gap
I think there's two small pieces missing from that Donnie at his shoulders. Most likely an assembly oversight or possibly accidental damage to this specific prototype. The pieces are present on both Leo's shoulders, so I'm not worried.

Other than that, I don't know what you guys are talking about regarding loose joints or big gaps. All the other joints and seams look absolutely fine to me, in fact I'd say they look very well implemented, and certainly above average for a figure with this level of articulation.

I'm one of the pickiest and most critical collectors around but in this case I really can't see how they could possibly have done any better with the articulation, short of cutting out POA, which would not be a fair suggestion or criticism since Figuarts items always have this level of articulation.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #338
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I think these look awesome! Thanks for the pics. The gap is a little annoying but hopefully it won't appear in the final productions. Either way, I am so excited about these and the future of this line. I think we could finally get some fantastic representations of the 87 turtle cartoon. I don't want to wish away Summer but it will be nice when August comes and it isn't the end of something fun but instead, the beginning of a great line of figures!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #339
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

I'm not sure the source of the pics. They were posted on another forum.
I'm fairly certain we will be seeing more figures from this line at SDCC.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #340
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Just hope they sort the joints out. Looking forward to seeing them MOC.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote