The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #541
Bran The Man
Thug

I'm still hoping that NECA, or ANY company really, makes some IDW Turtles. I'm talking all Red bandannas, bandage wraps, all of it.

But I get it. For better or worse, Fred Wolf Turtles is probably the TMNT that most people are familiar with, '80s/'90s nostalgia and all that. Just look at the products when you go out to the stores. Anytime you see TMNT-anything, it's mainly Fred Wolf TMNT, followed by Nick TMNT and lastly BayTurtles.

Randy said orders should go out in about month so, so would it be right to assume mid to late June?

Last edited by Bran The Man; 05-24-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Bran The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #542
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Well, I contend anybody expecting anything else was fooling themselves... We've know for a year at least, that this would come, since the arcade turtles were clearly made to be repainted into toon turtles.

The only other thing presently on the market in this scale for FW turtle figures that I'm aware of is Figuarts and those cost 3x as much.

You've got your complainers that Playmates' FW turtles sucked...
You've got your complainers that this is all NECA is giving us for the first half of 2017...
Pleasing Turtles fans is like herding cats, I guess.

:shrug:
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #543
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I for one am very excited about the focus on the FW series. As a child of the late 80's/early 90's, I'll say it's not my favorite of the Turtle toons (2k3 for life!) but it was still that toon I grew up with. And now that companies like NECA and SH Figuarts are finally allowed to get into the game, it's a very exciting time. I still have those 80's playmates turtles from when I was a kid, and they're great for nostalgia's sake. But I'm really excited that companies that actually care about, not only the property, but indeed, the fans, are allowed to start work on this stuff.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #544
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

I'm going to wait until we see the full reveal to decide if I want this set. Gotta see what other characters are included and look at the paint jobs and sculpt in FULL LIGHT to make an educated judgement.

I'm going into this decision being REALLY happy with my SHF turtles, my NECA arcade set, and being less than thrilled on the SHF Shredder that has been shown thus far. So really, my decision can go either way at the point of the full reveal!

Also keep in mind this year is the 30th anniversary for the FW cartoon. It makes sense they're visiting the topic this year. I'm not a huge FW cartoon fan, but they do have a place in my collection. The big feature on my shelves goes to the Henson turtles, followed by Mirage, and Nick.

Next year will likely be scaled down Henson turtles and the next year for the love of God, I hope we get some IDW Santoluoco turtles and supporting characters!
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #545
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Santalouco turtles would be a dream! I'd love to have a set like that.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #546
AquaParade
Banned

I think it's fair game to be disappointed if this is the outcome. No one is raising pitchforks, just expressing their feelings.

Anyways, I'm still semi-interested, but it's either these or the rest of the Henson line, which I'm currently leaning towards.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #547
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
The Figuarts Turtles filled my Fred Wolf niche, I would beyond love to see Henson Turtles.
Well, there's always Playmates versions.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #548
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Santalouco turtles would be a dream! I'd love to have a set like that.
I agree 100%. I'd snatch those up quick.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:34 PM   #549
Btown
Hench Mutant

I'm with the majority. I'm a bit let down by this being FW Turtles.I was hoping for Henson movie versions myself, so I think I'll just continue getting their 1/4 scale releases instead. Only Way they can bring me back in is if they give us a dope shredder release, which is still a possibility
Old 05-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #550
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
What other figures are there besides these and Figuarts?

Don't forget Fred Wolf is what started it all they just wanna pay proper homage to the series that hooked us in

I like them and I'll be getting them
Playmates Classic Collection Fred Wolf Turtles on top of all these.

I know I am just saying enough Fred Wolf Products. Lets get more Henson 2k3 Mirage stuff out there.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #551
TCRI
Hench Mutant

I have the Figuarts turtles, so these aren't really for me.

I was hoping for small Henson turtles. NECA might wait until all four 1/4 turtles are out there and selling before they announce smaller versions.

I'd buy the 1/4 ones if there wasn't any small ones on the way... Be too late by then!
Old 05-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #552
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post
I have the Figuarts turtles, so these aren't really for me.

I was hoping for small Henson turtles. NECA might wait until all four 1/4 turtles are out there and selling before they announce smaller versions.

I'd buy the 1/4 ones if there wasn't any small ones on the way... Be too late by then!
Next year...
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #553
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Unless the specific agreement NECA has for Turtles merchandise as a whole prohibits them from doing so, which it may well do, then hypothetical Henson 7" figures wouldn't necessarily have to wait for a con, they might just sneak out with little pre-hype to channels like Toys R Us like I believe the Bale/Keaton Batman, Ledger Joker, and similar 1/4 --> 7" scale-downs have been happening.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #554
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Unless the specific agreement NECA has for Turtles merchandise as a whole prohibits them from doing so, which it may well do, then hypothetical Henson 7" figures wouldn't necessarily have to wait for a con, they might just sneak out with little pre-hype to channels like Toys R Us like I believe the Bale/Keaton Batman, Ledger Joker, and similar 1/4 --> 7" scale-downs have been happening.
Unless there is a loophole in Playmates master license I don't see how that's going to happen.
In memory serves, all the TMNT movie related promos or DVD specials are have pack in figures from Playmates which may mean the promo items are also part of Playmates agreement.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:21 PM   #555
Btown
Hench Mutant

Yea playmates a headlock on the TMNT license. I'm just fortunate that we get to see some other companies making things, just hate when they make the same versions over and over when there are so many possibilities we could have.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #556
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Maybe you guys should voice your concerns to Randy on Twitter. He's been a real jerk though lately so walk carefully. I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket concerning the Henson figures being made to a smaller scale. He didn't say it was a done deal but more like hinted it it could be a possibility.

I can't imagine the smaller scale matching these larger scale in detail and overall cool factor. The larger scale just seems like it will always be superior. I don't collect larger scale figures as a whole but these are just masterpieces.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #557
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Man, all I want still is just that 1/4th scale 1990 Shredder. Haha.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #558
AquaParade
Banned

Has anyone heard of Neca is hinting at a future for the large scale Henson line?

I know they are still busy with the turtles but imagine a Henson movie Shredder.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #559
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Has anyone heard of Neca is hinting at a future for the large scale Henson line?

I know they are still busy with the turtles but imagine a Henson movie Shredder.
I have been following their Twitter closely, and I haven't heard a single thing. Maybe they want to surprise us out of left field. I don't know. The movie line has been selling very well for them. I'm sure if they were to delve more into the movie universe, they would continue to find increasing sales. I would settle for just the movie shredder at this point but I would really love also a super shredder, tokka, and Rahzar if they could only get the rights to the second film. I did see where Randy said they had no interest in doing the second movie though. That would really make for a great set up.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #560
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I'd take a Danny, Charles, and Keno 1/4 scale.

Danny better have a Walkman accessory.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote