Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:50 AM   #2
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This issue is kicking @$$ already!!!
Old 11-17-2018, 02:21 AM   #3
Igglet

Holy ****, this issue is going to be nuts.

By the way, isn't it a bit early for this preview to drop? Are the Leo Macro and this issue going to be released on the same day? Man I hope so.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:41 AM   #4
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Holy ****, this issue is going to be nuts.

By the way, isn't it a bit early for this preview to drop? Are the Leo Macro and this issue going to be released on the same day? Man I hope so.
Yes. #88 & Leo will be released 11/28/18.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:41 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think this is going to be next Wednesday, so it's just in time. It's showing 28th on Comixology, but we usually don't get previews until the Friday before release.

Also, so far it looks like Ch'rell is doing all the work ahead of Kleve and Montuoro. They're going to end up looking like this in front of everyone else

Old 11-17-2018, 02:46 AM   #6
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I think this is going to be next Wednesday, so it's just in time. It's showing 28th on Comixology, but we usually don't get previews until the Friday before release.
Sorry, but 28th.
It's not preview, it's "first look" from ITunes. They always come out earlier, then full preview.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:58 AM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah, that makes sense (also why the preview is so small; I think there is a way to get a wider read through it)
Old 11-17-2018, 04:22 AM   #8
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Sorry, but 28th.
It's not preview, it's "first look" from ITunes. They always come out earlier, then full preview.
I believe the Leonardo Macro was supposed to be released on the 21st, right? I'm guessing something changed.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:42 AM   #9
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Yes, the date has been changed. This often happens.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:13 AM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I did realize that the normal release date would be happening right before Thanksgiving (and Black Friday) in the US, so it makes sense that they would postpone it a little bit.

Happy Thanksgiving TMNT fans, have some D E A T H from a character that's been getting the short end of the stick from the time he set his big ol' foot in the series.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:29 AM   #11
Igglet

Quote:
I did realize that the normal release date would be happening right before Thanksgiving (and Black Friday) in the US, so it makes sense that they would postpone it a little bit.

Happy Thanksgiving TMNT fans, have some D E A T H from a character that's been getting the short end of the stick from the time he set his big ol' foot in the series.
Thank you Mr. IDW, may I have some more?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #12
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Sorry, but 28th.
Well, that's a shame. I was hoping for and expecting it to be this coming Wednesday, though I suppose the likelihood that Slash will die in this issue is a good reason to not make it the day before Thanksgiving...
Old 11-18-2018, 06:51 AM   #13
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Why? Not like it's Thanksgiving in the comic...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I mean...it could be, but given the way everything has gone one, especially in New York, things probably aren't going as smoothly as typical.

For us though, I think it's more a matter of taking advantage of sales. Better to do it in the region of time after Black Friday when people will be buying more.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #15
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

How does everyone know Slash is going to die instead of someone else?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #16
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
How does everyone know Slash is going to die instead of someone else?
Because of Archie comics I guess where Slash died while sacrificing himself to save the day.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Because of Archie comics I guess where Slash died while sacrificing himself to save the day.
Yeah, exactly. It seems like the kind of symmetry IDW will really lean into here, especially considering how bad it's gotten for Slash...
Old 11-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #18
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I mean, there's no coming away from this for Slash, with all the trauma he had already gone through. And there's plenty of baggage to carry over.

If I may unleash my inner AP English student and roll out a Crazy Board...

The turtles have known Slash from near the beginning of his story. He was one of their first big moral dilemmas and first big arguments. The "To Fight Shredder or to Stop the Technodrome" before that was a thing. Or, "To kill or not to kill". Mike was one of the first to break through to him before Hob gave him the serum to stabilize his mind.

Speaking of Hob, Slash has enormous significance to him. Slash was his first real friend after the human mob fell apart. Slash was there through the founding of the Mutanimals, as every new member was gathered. His leaving the family over Hob's business with Hun was enough of a deep cut.
Basically, the emotions of that will never be resolved. There won't be closure for Hob, and that's going to cause some of the problems hinted at in #90. Their friendship ended with foul air and that will never be cleared.

In another thread, I mentioned something along the lines of everyone's emotions from it bleeding into each other.

It's a shame we won't get a fight of Leatherhead and Slash teaming up to fight Bebop and Rocksteady, because that would be absolutely bad@$$, but I think Leatherhead and the Mutanimals might end up clearing up their own baggage together as much as they can.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:23 AM   #19
Igglet

Quote:
I mean, there's no coming away from this for Slash, with all the trauma he had already gone through. And there's plenty of baggage to carry over.

If I may unleash my inner AP English student and roll out a Crazy Board...

The turtles have known Slash from near the beginning of his story. He was one of their first big moral dilemmas and first big arguments. The "To Fight Shredder or to Stop the Technodrome" before that was a thing. Or, "To kill or not to kill". Mike was one of the first to break through to him before Hob gave him the serum to stabilize his mind.

Speaking of Hob, Slash has enormous significance to him. Slash was his first real friend after the human mob fell apart. Slash was there through the founding of the Mutanimals, as every new member was gathered. His leaving the family over Hob's business with Hun was enough of a deep cut.
Basically, the emotions of that will never be resolved. There won't be closure for Hob, and that's going to cause some of the problems hinted at in #90. Their friendship ended with foul air and that will never be cleared.

In another thread, I mentioned something along the lines of everyone's emotions from it bleeding into each other.

It's a shame we won't get a fight of Leatherhead and Slash teaming up to fight Bebop and Rocksteady, because that would be absolutely bad@$$, but I think Leatherhead and the Mutanimals might end up clearing up their own baggage together as much as they can.
Mostly just referencing your first paragraph but I'd argue that the fact that Slash will be so far gone is why I WOULDN'T want him to be killed off. I mean, let's be real here, he's totally getting killed off but helping him deal with this trauma and maybe getting him back on track as a changed person would be quite interesting. Personally, I'd prefer if someone like Old Hob sacrificed themselves to save someone else from Slash. Slash sees that he killed Old Hob and snaps out of the brainwashing, realizes what he did and kills Bishop, and then spends a good portion of time dealing with this trauma, feeling self-hatred, and finally being able to forgive himself. Would be quite emotional in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #20
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Mostly just referencing your first paragraph but I'd argue that the fact that Slash will be so far gone is why I WOULDN'T want him to be killed off. I mean, let's be real here, he's totally getting killed off but helping him deal with this trauma and maybe getting him back on track as a changed person would be quite interesting. Personally, I'd prefer if someone like Old Hob sacrificed themselves to save someone else from Slash. Slash sees that he killed Old Hob and snaps out of the brainwashing, realizes what he did and kills Bishop, and then spends a good portion of time dealing with this trauma, feeling self-hatred, and finally being able to forgive himself. Would be quite emotional in my opinion.
While it's certain that someone will die what with the synopsis of #90, I myself wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's actually Slash that kills someone, as opposed to getting killed.