The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 02:35 AM   #421
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I didn't see the figures themselves on sale at Target, but as predicted, the Lair playset is once again on sale, for $99.95.
On the UK Amazon site the Lair set has "dropped 40%", now at £77.99. A fairly good deal for any parents out there whose kids want this for Christmas!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:47 AM   #422
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
January is inching closer, which means the TMNT Sewer Squad four pack is almost here. I'm a little paranoid that they are going to deliver something below expectations considering it only costs $15... Hope to be pleasantly surprised though.
Hmm, so is that when our welcome package will finally ship? Where did this info come from?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:24 AM   #423
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Hmm, so is that when our welcome package will finally ship? Where did this info come from?
On the checkout screen it says they will start shipping early January.

BTW: Is there anything that says that you are a "Elite" member when you guys sign in? I don't see anything and never received an email when I signed up, but I can clearly see the $15 charge... The company that is running the program (TPG Rewards not Playmates) has terrible customer service and just doesn't respond to any emails.

Last edited by Browne762; 12-14-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #424
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
On the checkout screen it says they will start shipping early January.

BTW: Is there anything that says that you are a "Elite" member when you guys sign in? I don't see anything and never received an email when I signed up, but I can clearly see the $15 charge... The company that is running the program (TPG Rewards not Playmates) has terrible customer service and just doesn't respond to any emails.
I bought in and paid on the first day it was up... I had to do weird shenanigans to even get it to go through. The order is in my history and the charge went on my card but apart from that no other indication that anything is ever going to happen...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #425
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Posting this here too (also did in Sightings) since it’s sort of news I guess:

The Rise Battle Shell figures are at Walmart as well but a little different, they come with “Mystery Battle Gear” which because of the window on the back of the card you can hold up to the light and kind see through it, it’s looks to be random small ninja weapons that look like they maybe reuse from the 2012 line.

Edit: I want to point out too that they seem to be missing some accessories from the regular releases, as the only one I could compare it to was Leo since I got him at home and these releases don’t have his powered up Odachai sword, but still have the weapons that go in the battle shell.

Last edited by BlueKatana; 12-18-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Added note
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #426
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Posting this here too (also did in Sightings) since it’s sort of news I guess:

The Rise Battle Shell figures are at Walmart as well but a little different, they come with “Mystery Battle Gear” which because of the window on the back of the card you can hold up to the light and kind see through it, it’s looks to be random small ninja weapons that look like they maybe reuse from the 2012 line.

https://i.postimg.cc/B6bmK2BG/1-BC63...-EFB9-C735.jpg

Edit: I want to point out too that they seem to be missing some accessories from the regular releases, as the only one I could compare it to was Leo since I got him at home and these releases don’t have his powered up Odachai sword, but still have the weapons that go in the battle shell.
Are you going to take them out of the package? I'd love to see photos of how those guys look loose and up close. I'm digging the new heads (same sculpt as the giant figures, right?)

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #427
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYWInsaniac View Post
Are you going to take them out of the package? I'd love to see photos of how those guys look loose and up close. I'm digging the new heads (same sculpt as the giant figures, right?)

-JJ

I actually didn’t buy them due to lack of funds post Christmas shopping, hence my picture from the Walmart aisle.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:06 AM   #428
Browne762
Foot Soldier

I was hoping that my local Walmart would have them, but this morning they had nothing new and the manager said nothing was shown as incoming.

They have been selling lots of the other figures over the last couple weeks though so I hope something new comes soon.

Really looking forward to the other two motorcycle figures.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #429
miru
Mad Scientist

I hope we get Prairie Dog and the rest of DIGG in the line.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #430
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Looks like there's 2 different storage shell variants?

One with the yellow "mystery battle pack" bag and one without, and it looks like Leo without yellow bag comes with his powered up odachi

https://twitter.com/tmntfan86/status...721877505?s=21

Spoiler:
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #431
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So how did this line do in terms of Christmas sales where you guys are at?

They really hadn't been selling all that great at my Walmart, but took a quick glance when I stopped in for a few for my job yesterday, being the day after Christmas and all, and there were now only four basics left. Not too bad I guess.

Although...comparatively speaking, it's a much smaller section than the 2012 series had in that store during its first few years (late in the series it shrunk down to what 2018 started with in this store) and even that far into the series was always completely wiped out post-Christmas. So... matter of perspective, I guess.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #432
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Well, here we're still on the Super Shredder wave
Old 12-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #433
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

I’ve seen it mostly sell out everywhere in my area just before Christmas except for the lair and the random single villain figure.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #434
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Thumbs up

It was pretty low around my area, but that doesn’t say much as it’s only dedicated to maybe 2-3 pegs at most.

Haven’t reached the 2012 Nick hype of entire aisle yet. If ever.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:33 PM   #435
BYWInsaniac
Thug

My local Target has only had Draxum and Meatsweats for the past few weeks. I don't even know if they're restocking; it looks like they're just reducing the number of pegs, cause it's down to 2-3 TMNT pegs now. I always had trouble finding 2012 toys there, so I think it's just kind of a crappy Target for toys.

The Walmart in the same center is a totally different story. It has been constantly stocking, and constantly selling out for the past month and a half. I went looking for Battle Shells on Dec 23 and they had just fully stocked. I went back today and the pegs were bare (probably 6-8 pegs), and it's been this way for weeks. I went to another Walmart, same story (Found one Battle Shell though!).

My local Toys R Us has been useless all season, though >

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #436
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Again, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in this line. But I would still argue that around here these figures are not selling near as well as the 2003 and 2012 ones did. I have never seen fewer than about 14 figures at any given store, and unless they are selling out and being restocked with the exact same figures, then I would say that they are not doing well. In fact, I have already seen some popping up at the local Big Lots outlet store.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:59 AM   #437
Browne762
Foot Soldier

One Target near me doesn't even have one single TMNT product out. I think they are getting ready for a reset though because two entire isles are marked as clearance. Another target only have three pegs, down from six legs when the figures were first released. Generally the three pegs seem to always have the same Meat Sweats one Leos.

My local Wal-Mart got in a huge shipper when first released and had 10-12 pegs as well. The seemed to sell ok but nothing special. Now after Christmas they had three figures and one bike. The manager said they are starting a reset next week, but has not seen the layout so she doesn't know how big of small the Turtle area will be.

No Battle Shells in my area as of yesterday.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #438
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

Found an Albearto at Walmart today. Picked him up. Fun figure. Definitely feels like a "vintage" figure in design if not execution. Has that cheaper feel that a lot of the new figures have, but has a surprising amount of articulation. Not a lot of poses you can get him in thanks to the design, but I'm happy to see Playmates adding more POA to everyone.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #439
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

The figures seemed to be selling well in my area leading up to Christmas but I was shocked to see the pegs full right before Christmas and the day after. They were literally untouched. With previous incarnations I feel like the pegs were empty this time of year until the resets.

On a brighter note, I was traveling a few days ago and stopped in a random Walmart and found Albearto and the Foot Lieutenant

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #440
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Here's comparison pics og storage shell Donnie and the regular one

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwZWV0l...=1o7t9yiod9pd4

The figure looks so much better in construction and overall presentation.

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys