The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 11:14 PM   #61
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to take it to heart.

For years I've wanted to create something that others could enjoy and I could do to express myself. I've found recently that I love drawing, and that it's what I've been looking for, even though I'm not very good at it. But nevertheless I enjoy it and strive to get better.

Sorry if I'm cluttering up your thread with my posts, I just needed somewhere to post how I feel about drawing and needed some advice.

Thanks again!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #62
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Please do clutter . I love getting responses to my art and I've had a long dry spell and too many reposts. Which is the worst in an art thread.

And if it's any help look what this guy accomplished in two years!

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 04-30-2017 at 04:11 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #63
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I tested Medi Paint Pro with this.

That being Xeinos with Leatherhead, inspired by this

Remember: Baby alligators are stripey.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #64
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I was finally able to do a little more art. This idea has been in my head for a little while now.

The fire is smokeless, because a big fire in partially closed cave is a bad idea. And this is before Ch'rell got the injury that would cause his scar.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:14 AM   #65
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Great artwork as always!
I'm gonna assume that the art was made digitally right? Do you always do digital art or do you also draw traditionally? And (if it is digital) what program do you use?
(If you don't mind my asking.)
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #66
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I bounce between things. I do a lot of pencil & paper sketches, but sometimes I make start things from scratch on a digital program. Usually Photoshop (Creative Cloud). But the last two are from Medibang Pro, which is a free program you should totally try out.

Early on, I did pen and paper, but because I started doing more complex Utroms, I stopped.

This thing from early November, for example, when I was on break at work and there was only a red pen in my reach
Spoiler:

The starting ground for an Obligado-based story, which was also the starting ground for his relationship with Nalmar. Which has since changed quite a bit and resulted in Nalmar being a decade-ish younger than him and a bleeding-heart beatnik.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 06-27-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #67
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

PrincessUtrom met Kevin Eastman at Montreal ComicCon, and I asked her to pass some art along to him

She said he liked them !
Old 08-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #68
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I still don't have a tablet ready to work, but I DO have some nice new pens, and I'm testing out some Utrom design ideas.

Most of that being sexual dimorphism. The only thing I liked about PDOOTS was Krang's design. I love the idea of bearded Utroms, so I wanted to play with that. And it looked pretty cool.

This set also works with some bed designs, though they're not all that different from each other. And also couples, two of which with families.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #69
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

That small one of three in the background. Hilarious! In a good way. Well done.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #70
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's very much a "before sunrise, he's your son" situation.

I did a whole bunch of Krang and Ch'rell. Whose relationship I think is...a lot more than strictly professional.
Spoiler:

With the beard design, Ch'rell is something of a MAN'S MAN in terms of how thick his is, doubled with that he's already a pretty big dude as it is.
I depict Utrom biology as being "weird" in that a few individuals can have fairly flexible sexes, and the degree of that flexibility can surprise an individual in one way or another. Ch'rell gets such a surprise.

Spoiler:

I've depicted Aska here before, but never elaborated that Krang is her other parent, because of the way things get on here. She ends up being their sole child, for obvious reasons. And thus, Aska grows up with a lot of attention - packed on with the attention she already gets being the Emperor's grandchild.

The idea of Krang and Ch'rell as fathers comes as a shock to their enemies (and even some other Utroms), and even greater when they're attentive to her - which is no surprise to their allies, the Lords of Hyperion (one of which Krang is talking to on a communication screen). Aska was even named after a Lord of Hyperion female who helped them during a dire period of political unrest while Ch'rell was pregnant. They nicknamed her "Fish" on account of how she looked when she'd be buried in their whiskers. A bit like a fish in an anemone or seaweed. This is the first time I've depicted Lords of Hyperion on here, and I'd like to do a little more with them.

Spoiler:

Krang and Ch'rell take Aska pretty much everywhere with them - like what Temre used to do with Krang; it's a necessity. Even if that means Ch'rell taking naps under desks for a little bit until something comes up. Be it a meeting or having to feed the baby. Or both. Which is quite the thing to get used to.

Aunt Ma'riell is around enough to help out. Which meant giving Aska attention so her dads could get a little work done. They COULD hire an au pair, but they decided not to for reasons I'm not sure of yet. I guess it would have been a "we've gone this far, why not go all the way?"

Spoiler:

There's a little bit of Aska when she's older here. From teething to her first heartbreak. Which on the part of the heartbreaker, probably wasn't the best idea.

I think he was pretty much a mooch who was taking advantage of her being the Emperor's granddaughter, and the daughter of the General and Colonel. Eventually she caught on and was naturally hurt. Ch'rell's response was to figure out what he had taken off her, only to find certain behaviors inappropriate for someone underage...and told his Aristocrat parents.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #71
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There's a colored version now.

Spoiler:

Aska doesn't actually know what's down the Pain Hole. She just likes watching people drop into it.

I don't know why I didn't think of this as an addition, since it didn't come to me until right after I finished it
Spoiler:

Prisoner go down the hooooooole.

Pretty soon it'll turn to this

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 12-20-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:06 AM   #72
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Time for an update after a little while.

With more Aska. This time as a teenager

Spoiler:
Getting something pretty...and not looking incredibly cute...

And following her realization that maybe her first boyfriend was a punk exploiting her position as a princess, as was the suspicion.
Spoiler:

<2003 Shredder theme>

No exes were harmed, just given a terrifying warning to never show himself to the family again.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-08-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #73
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A return to Garaon, my concept for Krang having a younger brother. Ever since naming him, I've known in the back of my head that I just HAD to do a "Gaston" joke since the names sound so similar. Though Garaon is a little more of a Lumiere in personality than a Gaston. But, I still had to do it.

His best friend is a Protoceraton named Brugo.
Spoiler:

Garaon isn't nearly as beardy as Krang either in my depiction of Utroms, which ends up doing him a service in the Lady Department since he looks a little less imposing.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #74
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Another update, right after the other at that

This time, I just re-lined and colored something PrincessUtrom did many months ago, with Obligado and Nalmar.
Spoiler:

It always felt very autumnal to me...and it probably helps that I watched Over the Garden Wall while working on it.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #75
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's been an extremely long time since I've drawn Temre, so I thought it best to remedy that.

Spoiler:

I did not intend as much depiction from his youth as this, but that's just what ended up happening. When it comes to injuries, she's very much a "Silly boy, I told you this would happen if you did that thing" type of parent before she's a comforting one.

It ended up meaning trying to figure out what a pregnancy with twins looks like for Utroms, since my take on TMNT has Krang as an eldest child, with twin sisters right after him.

I decided that for more dynamic posing, I'd lengthen the back legs/tentacles some more. And now that I've started putting beards on my design for male Utroms, there's more distinction from Krang...who otherwise would be the spitting image of his mother with a few exceptions of alleles.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #76
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

After a long time of no updates, I have a new post.

Mostly exploring Krang's fatherhood of Aska. Because Utrom biology is weird in my TMNT take.

Spoiler:
Old 03-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #77
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Some speculation on a sport

Spoiler:
...which is probably best compared to their version of bullfighting. But debatably more dangerous and just as controversial

With the edition of being competitive. So the lady here is competing against two or three more "fish fighters" for shortest time to get the fish out of the water. (In older days, they'd probably kill the fish, but I guess now they're supposed to get it out of one pool and into another in the center of the ring)

And in the opposite direction of quality, how I'd present the turtles and Leatherhead in my take of TMNT. In very rough sketches. And trying my damndest to give them beaks.

Spoiler:
I wouldn't have them wearing their masks and gear when they're hanging out in the lair - or wherever they might call home. I think they'd either wear nothing (lucky for them they're turtles, so nbd), or hand-me-downs from April and Casey after they got connected with them.

Here, Leo is wearing April's hat and letterman jacket from high school, Donatello has a sweater and beanie, Mike in a hoodie as is usual for him, and Raphael has one of Casey's old leather jackets and hat.

Leatherhead in my version would be albino and happy in the biggest undershirt he can find - which gets harder and harder by the year. He remains being raised by the Utroms - and even refers to Xeinos as his mother.

This is what they're rocking out to on karaoke

Which...oddly works in some aspects.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:03 PM   #78
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I realized I could draw Ch'rell's prongs more like fins and it's changed everything

Spoiler:
Two parts to a discussion on a military situation. My guess is even Ch'rell is pretty unsure about it.

And a "before sunrise he's your son" situation. But it's a daughter and not a son.

I feel like the last two are in a room in Quanin's palace...the purple and gold isn't really how I think Krang's taste in furnishing would be like
Old 04-03-2018, 02:16 AM   #79
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cool drawings of kraangs! Reminds me fairy tale artworks.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #80
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's an interesting way to describe it...but I like it! Thanks

The newest thing I've just thrown together can be best summarized as "Casey and April's role in IDW"

It just...sprang into being...and it had to be.

Hands and arms are something I struggle with a lot. Which is one reason why I don't do a lot of turtle-based art.

Tags
fan art, krang, speculation, utroms