The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #81
gobo
Wacky Action

I'd gladly answer... if I could figure out what the question was.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #82
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Doh! ...I mean... Is the OT-list from Wikipedia Absolutely complete???? or maybe there are chapters/titles that not are in that list?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #83
gobo
Wacky Action

If they have all 191 episodes and the hour-long primetime special listed, it's complete. This one is incomplete so far because the point is to get as many context clues as possible to decide the best order to watch them in and we still have a long way to go.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #84
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Thanks a lot Gobo ...!!! I will check my 191 chapters!!!
Just another cuestion...dude...! What are exactly the hour-long primetime special??
Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #85
ToTheNines
[sic]

Planet of the Turtleoids.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #86
sdp
<<Virtual Death Raver->>

What about the R2 releases of the TMNT DVDs that claim to have the correct episode order, is it true?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #87
gobo
Wacky Action

I doubt it. I've been told that their list comes directly from Lionsgate, but unless Fred Wolf Studios would verify it, I'd assume it's just someone's educated guess. Heck, even IF Wolf confirmed it, I'd still wonder if they even bothered to look it up in their records.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #88
JoeD80
Thug

I'd love to get a hold of the Writer's bible. They usually mark down which episodes go where. The problem is the syndicator likes to make their own numbers and tend not to follow any intended order, and if episodes get drawn out of order you can see a wildly diverging production quality between episodes that were meant to air next to each other. X-Men had to get a special deal in place to make sure the first 13 were aired as intended since it was one long story arc. As it is, I did actually start watching the beginning of season three again, but started from script number order (the 9059-001, 9059-002 numbers) and am comparing it to my notes again. I still have all my old notes on season three, but hopefully I can make new notes and start sharing exactly what I have and see what people think. Since my schedule is so busy lately, I am going to stick to 1 or 2 episodes per night, but starting Wednesday night expect to see my comments on season 3 start up again and please join in and we'll get this project back together.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #89
JoeD80
Thug

So, April Fool seems like it can go pretty early. Why? The turtles appear to have no idea what's happening when the module causes a slight earthquake, and they don't see the module leave either, just the hole. So I don't think they know what the module is at this point, which would place it before The Old Switcheroo when they first see one. Episode 3 & 4 (Sky Turtles and Cowabunga Shredhead by Gobo's LOC list) later tonight (there will be some repeats here).
Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #90
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
So, April Fool seems like it can go pretty early. Why? The turtles appear to have no idea what's happening when the module causes a slight earthquake, and they don't see the module leave either, just the hole. So I don't think they know what the module is at this point, which would place it before The Old Switcheroo when they first see one. Episode 3 & 4 (Sky Turtles and Cowabunga Shredhead by Gobo's LOC list) later tonight (there will be some repeats here).
Hmm, interesting point! I never even noticed that. I wonder if Shredder's original intent at the end of April Fool was to take April all the way back to the Technodrome if she hadn't got away? That sure would have confused the Turtles since they had no clue about the modules at that point!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #91
gobo
Wacky Action

Hooray for Joe's return to the project! Now, I won't have to finish it all myself. ^_^

Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #92
JoeD80
Thug

Four more episodes done and should be two more tomorrow. Late night, so will post in the morning.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #93
JoeD80
Thug

Haven't had time to post for a bit, but I've gotten farther, around episode 10 in season 3 now. I'll have some free time to be able to post some notes tonight.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #94
sdp
<<Virtual Death Raver->>

As long as you keep up the project its all good
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #95
JoeD80
Thug

I'm just finding it hard to find time to post my notes because I have so many!! I'm getting my watching in pretty steadily though, so I'm at about 15 in now. I will hopefully post some more notes on Tuesday, at least for five episodes, and then catch my notes up to my watching by the weekend.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #96
JoeD80
Thug

Is anyone interested in a resumption of this project? A short explanation from me and some stuff about my personal life that you may not care about but it does tie in. I've been in about a five-year relationship with a wonderful woman, and at this point we are good friends but over the past few weeks have decided to end the relationship. In our discussions, we asked ourselves the last time we were happy as a couple, and we both came up with summer 2009, and you may notice that was about the last time I did a lot with this project (sure there were a couple of updates here and there, but nothing like it had been). I think the two of us both ended up sacrificing our own personalities in an attempt to hang on and this is one of my hobbies that became lost in the shuffle. I still love the TMNT, and the old cartoon, and still have all the DVDs and episodes waiting to be reviewed and organized. I will have much more time to devote now, since our lives are now in a much happier place, and I hope everyone here is still interested in reading what I have to write. I'm going to put in the DVDs this weekend, try to remember where I was at, and start popping up much more frequently around here.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #97
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

too many contradictions. examples of continuity and muck ups...
-Some things are continuous... The Portable Portal introduced in the 'lost' season. Resurfaces in 1991 CBS episodes 'Landlord' and 'MuckMan'.
-Holographic Cloaking Machine introduced in 'lost' episode 'Plan Six'. returns in 1992's 'Missing'.

Muck ups:
-Retro Mutagen Laser from Baxters Space Ship gets destroyed one season, brought back the next with a totally different design.
-Technodrome blasted by rocket into dimension x. Lands on giant metal planet. Next episode on volcanic island.
-A few episodes in, turtles have been dealing with the transport module and lava outburst. 'April Fools', it seems totally new to 'em. Same for '50ft Irma'

It's possible, but you'd have to stretch it a little.... I used to organize my episode time line by animation style.
1987-1988 are easy. For 1989, . All the 'Better' animated episodes grouped. The ones with a slower pace 'Attack of the Big Mack', 'The Gang's All Here' put first, faster paced 'LeatherHead Terror of the Swamps', 'Making of Metal Head' put later. All the 'cheaper' looking episodes grouped in the middle. And by cheaper I mean Michelangelo's Birthday, Turtle Terminator..etc

After Plan Six, I put in the 'Lost' European Season. Then the 'lost' 1991 season. 'Turtles and a Hair', 'Planet of the Turtles'. Then the CBS 1990 Season. Then 1991 on out.

If that makes any sense.... If Nick ever needed a continuity expert..I'm dripping in it...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #98
JoeD80
Thug

Yeah, my idea is to "stretch it a little" and put episodes where they make more sense even if they weren't necessarily going to be that way originally.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #99
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Is anyone interested in a resumption of this project?
Most soitanly! ^_^
Quote:
[girl troubles]
Sucky...

Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #100
pferreira
Mad Scientist

I don't know if this has been asked but has anyone managed to place the episode that Donatello refers about wishing he had the anti gravity boots from that previous episode. The reference doesn't make continuity sense as it is.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
timeline