The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

My only gripe is I wish we saw more of old toon Splinter and April. Shame they didn't get to go with the Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #42
Lil G
Stone Warrior

I loved it so much! I'm still laughing at how crazy Hun went over OT Raph... "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!? WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO!?" Haha, classic.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #43
ajistheman
Foot Soldier

geeked out

that was AWESOME!!!!!!
the universes were uniquely represented throughout their different personalities. The Shredder "epiphany" about all the different turtles was a great moment. I think that scene moved it from a total fan service to a darn good movie. I love how they made the new cartoon Shredder the main villian, since OT and Mirage Shredder (and krang,bebop,rocksteady,robotic foot soldiers) were nothing compared to the epic battles in 2K3. I do think that Baxter should have made the movie though (especially for the new cartoon, if not the old). I am more than happy with this movie though. This is the "True" ending for the original cartoon that never happened (yes, it didn't count w/out Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady) and ANOTHER wonderful ending to TMNT 2k3 (since both season 5 and 7 were great finale episodes)
It did seem really wierd to see
copyright Viacom at the end
and I love the ending at the end of this movie
its kinda how the first Turtles movie was supposed to end with a joke about TMNT comics being too unrealistic to work
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #44
nomekop
Thug

I guess I hafta stay out of this thread until I've seen it... I don't wanna know too much beforehand Aaawww I wanna see it already!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #45
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You DO know Rocksteady and Bebop were calling Shredder that in the pilot right?
I don't remember. I need to go back and rewatch then.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #46
Drtooth
Foot Elite

I thought it was amazing, but only because the action totally juiced up when they got to Mirage Universe. I really loved this one, and Paramount BETTER release this to DVD. I don't feel like seeing it one more time as a 3 part mini-series starting next exact week, and I'd rather have an official copy than a DVD-R from somebody 9though I'll accept it as an option.

Now, really, I had a feeling they'd caricature the original series characters. At points it really seemed like they got Yakko, Wakko and Dot instead of their 80's selves. And I agree... there was a lot of potential for the 2k3 characters to be in the OT series that they just didn't have time for. I will say this about Raph... he was the closest to the original voice. Not only that, but I think he's better than the alternate voices he had in the original series.

There are a couple nitpicky things, it seems like they misunderstood Krang and Shredder's relationship a might, not realizing Krang's really in charge (though their dialogue was the truest of their original versions). I noticed in the OT universe, human Rocksteady walked about freely (animator error, I'll just say). but they did such an amazing job recreating the original series visually. I wish they didn't have to use the FF or BTTS designs for the Turtles, and used their original 2k3 designs, but that's me. I just hope whatever plans Nick has (considering they want the old series to be in focus) they can adapt the original designs that well.

But really, I didn't think they'd bother referencing any of the other universes, but they showed them down to the anime version only the fans know about. I think they put the Baby Turtles in there to zetz us, though. And I especially like that, while the 80's turtles looked weak and useless compared to their 2k3 counterparts, in turn they were just as weak and useless compared to the original comic. My stance exactly, being a larger fan of the comics than any of the cartoons, no matter how much I love them.

All and all, a nice sense of closure for the 2k3 era.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

That was amazing, my new favorite movie! After I adjusted to the new voices, I was totally into it.

I cried laughing when Hun busted in the lair with Bebop and Rocksteady, using that stupid ass nose machine from "Beware The Lotus" to find it

The ending was just perfect, I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My only gripe is I wish we saw more of old toon Splinter and April. Shame they didn't get to go with the Turtles.
No way, eff OT April. But yeah, Splinter coming with them would have been cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
I noticed in the OT universe, human Rocksteady walked about freely (animator error, I'll just say).
Human Bebop was there too, it wasn't an error... just fan wank.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #48
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Just finished. One word. AWESOME. What a way to celebrate 25 years....and hopefully Viacom can make the next 25 just as great. I enjoyed the OT Turtles antics that constantly annoyed the 2k3 Turtles. Mikey liked them at first but as he later said, "You guys have to act serious about something!" Karai finally standing up to Ch'rell was nice but are we for sure that she was ready to let him go and be honorable? That's still up in there but I'll assume she finally got the message after Ch'rell nearly tried to destroy the entire universe.

Kinda wish they would of found a way to get Bishop in there. Or maybe explain what happened to Khan. And where was Baxter Stockman? And more interactive with the Mirage Shredder. Oh! I forgot one of the best parts! The part where Ch'rell is explaining the Turtles about the various dimensions. I know I saw the live-action Turtles, 2007 CGI Turtles, TMNT Anime, video game, & I thought I saw the Archie Turtles. That was neat. Overall, great way to end 2k3 and the first 25 years. Again, I hope Viacom doesn't **** it up.

Last edited by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle; 11-21-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #49
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Oh BTW for those of you who saw it at Comic-Con, how much of the movie was edited out to fit for the time?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #50
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

They definitely adapted the OT to fit their needs, to be a stronger contrast with the 2k3 turtles. And it's fair considering this is being made by 4kids and not Murakami/Wolf.

I thought the movie was freaking awesome, tons of laughs and good action/plot and a great send off. I think my favorite scene in the entire movie was when they're talking to the comic turtles and they're like we gotta find the technodrome and comic Leo points and says "is that it right there". Just the way he said it had me in stitches.

The old comic turtles definitely stole the show, I loved how different the voices were, Leo sounded more like Wolverine but it worked.

Bravo to 4kids and all involved in the production of this movie and in all the different TMNT universes!!!
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #51
Roseangelo
Emperor

To anyone who's seen it already, did they air the full credits? Or did they just smoosh 'em and whiz 'em by at 20 mph?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #52
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

I caught the last like 40 minutes of it, luckily I had the DVR recording anyway. I thought it was really enjoyable. The jabs at the OT were pretty damn funny. When they got to the Mirage Universe my girlfriend asked me why they went from all dark and "scary" to the goofy turtles in the '87 series.

So I'll be watching it from the beginning later today. I'm pretty excited.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #53
GameJesta
Mouser

Can someone upload it onto YouTube for all of us unfortunate not to live in the US? I really wanna see this awesome movie!
GameJesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #54
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
I enjoyed this so much, I had to record it on a VHS tape lol.
you too huh? spent 2 hours last night hooking up a VCR with another 20 minutes finding a tape to use.
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
I caught the last like 40 minutes of it, luckily I had the DVR recording anyway. I thought it was really enjoyable. The jabs at the OT were pretty damn funny. When they got to the Mirage Universe my girlfriend asked me why they went from all dark and "scary" to the goofy turtles in the '87 series.

So I'll be watching it from the beginning later today. I'm pretty excited.
Yeah, it's too bad we couldn't have seen the Turtles actually perform their usual comic book level of violence in this movie. I.E. cut off some Foot Ninja's heads as in the original Mirage comic books. I know 4kids would not of let that happen but that would of shocked the hell out of all the Turtles since they never kill.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #56
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Hitting the original shredder with a ton of trash was hilarious.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #57
ToTheNines
[sic]

I wasn't crazy about the Mirage voices. Leo was good but a bit too exaggerated, Raph was way too exaggerated, Mikey sounded like a wiseguy, and Don didn't really stand out. But I did love how they totally captured the look and feel of issue 1 as well as the OT universe.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #58
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior

As I said in another fourm, I can't say enough good things. They went a REALLY long time without taking a commercial break at first, so I thought it might be with limited commercial interruption.

The emphasis of the 03 Turtles to the 88 Turtles was amazing. The way they constantly mocked them made me love it more. For the record, I am 24 and grew up with the old toon, but the 03 toon just felt more at home to me, so I thought it was fitting that everything I had thought when I went through and watched the old toon from buying the sets came to light when the 2K3 Turtles gave them hell about it!

The contrasts between all 3 forms of the Shredder was amazing. By far, Ch'Rell has always been the superior villian. He's cunning, menacing, and just downright EVIL. I lived everything about him in this episode. The way 88 Shredder tried to take him on at first was brilliant, and we finally saw a little bit of the cunning from the first season come out as he sabatoged the Utrom.

I have to say, Krang always thought he was in charge, but it was Shredder who was the mastermind. He was always just trying to use Krang for his tech and his knowledge.

I cannot even say enough good things about Turtles-Prime. They were everything I wanted them to be and soooo much more. Leo-Prime and 03 Leo seemed to be the best trained and spot on perfect mirror of each other. I'll agree with another poster up there that the 88 Turtles seemed so weak compared to the 03 Turtles, and in turn, the 03s were pretty much destroyed by the Turtles-Prime. Brilliant. But that's the point. In any form of universe, usually the Prime are the most powerful. Everything else is just a lesser form than the source material. I also loved how much screen time they gave them. I also very much believed THAT to be how they would sound if I put a voice to them.

Eastman and Laird's send off at the end of the show was not only fitting, but it almost made me want to tear up. It was suddenly as if everything we've ever loved since we were kids (and I know some of you still are) had come full-circle. This was our end. This, right here in this perfect movie with all the turtles in force, was our Closure. We'll never get another chance at this now that Nick has the rights. Peter loved the fans. Kevin loved the fans. 4Kids and Mirage gave us what we'd always wanted - a complete Turtles overload. I, as a fan - as the biggest fan compared to anyone I know (yes, I mean personally KNOW), could not have asked for a more fitting ending to 25 years of TMNT.

Thank you to everyone associated with this project for all your hard work and effort. You made it a (s)hell of a ride, and what an amazing ride it was. This was the end of MY Turtles... and I could never ask for more than what you gave me, because it was perfect.

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #59
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
To anyone who's seen it already, did they air the full credits? Or did they just smoosh 'em and whiz 'em by at 20 mph?
No credits, but they did have Kevin and Pete's drawing scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
I know 4kids would not of let that happen but that would of shocked the hell out of all the Turtles since they never kill.
The NT turtles do some killing, not a ton though.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #60
Tansut
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Smooshed and whizzed by in the lower 10th of the screen while they ran a promo for the movie airing for the next three weeks.

I rarely ever post here, and I mainly just lurk and read about news and whatever Turtle-related info I want to gleam, but I had to say that this movie was just a blast. I could easily sit down and watch it again, because the entire time it was just a joy to watch. I really don't have any gripes other than I wish it didn't have to end.

It was a little bittersweet seeing our old childhood heroes brought back, only to realize that this is really and truly, in all likelihood, this is the last time we'll ever see them again. It's also, in all likelihood, going to be the first and last time we'll see the Mirage Turtles (I LOVE the Turtles Prime name) animated and really featured in anything outside of the comics ever again either. But then again, the fact that we got anything like this is a huge testament to the fandom as a whole and how much 4Kids and everyone else involved really cared enough to give us something this special. And really, the word special encapsulates this movie to a tee.

I'm not really going to try and do a review, because others will invariably describe it better and word it more eloquently than I could, but I just had to come in here and say how much it just reminded me that I love being a Turtle fan. So thanks, to everyone who made it and everyone who, like me, wanted it.

Turtle Power AND Ninja Time!
Tansut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series