The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #161
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Not insulting anyone, just a legitimate question;

There has been no indication in the text anywhere, that C'herell will show up in IDW, I don't get why people keep expecting him. His only purpose was in 4 Kids, to tie the origins of the turtles and the shredder character together, and to makes the 4kids shredder diffrent. What purpose would he serve in IDW? And where are the clues he will appear?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #162
ToTheNines
[sic]

There's been nothing super concrete, but the writing's on the wall.

I mean how else could Shredder be considered Krang's competitor when Krang doesn't seem to give a **** about anything related to Earth? Not to mention Shredder being resurrected, and not by means of reincarnation like the turtles.

The biggest thing for me was in #6, when Splinter is recounting his early days at Stockgen, he says "... I also began to realize the our reunion had a purpose, the scientists were working toward evil ends - a kind of secretive military domination that felt disturbingly familiar to me". I took that as Krang's direction of Stockgen gave Splinter a weird vibe similar to Ch'rell's own puppeteering of Saki and the Foot Clan all those years ago.

More recently
Spoiler:
in the preview for Secret History of the Foot Clan, Tatsuo gets his leg chopped off, then reapplied by a cloaked stranger who appears to be using the ooze to heal him. Then Dr. Miller refers to the Foot being involved with a witch and her patron "The Iron Demon". My money's on Ch'rell.

Plus there's been a few small things like Alopex's hideout at the end of "Raphael" looking particularly alien. That had to have been on purpose, the art team wouldn't go out of their way to make it anything other than "standard abandoned warehouse bad guy hideout" unless directed to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That could work. I'm for that. Just as long as its that Shredder/Krang amlagam,Chr'ell! Shredder and Krang can work together to remove him from the chess board then slice and dice and blow him up! Those more drawn to the non-Archie comics have a dead villain and for those of us that don't want the big bad dead, Shredder(Krang too!) can carry on as reoccuring threats that oppose the TMNT and each other! That seems compromise enough and in a way Shredder is dead while the Shredder of this version lives on to strike terror as a reincarnated warrior clansman and learder of an evil army. The last issue hopefully a decade or so away can see Shredder's demise.
If anything, it would be Shredder and Ch'rell vs. Krang. But I was talking more along the lines of the Turtles getting rid of one of them. If there's one thing I want out of this comic, it's for Splinter to get his revenge on Saki.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 01-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #163
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
There's been nothing super concrete, but the writing's on the wall.

I mean how else could Shredder be considered Krang's competitor when Krang doesn't seem to give a **** about anything related to Earth? Not to mention Shredder being resurrected, and not by means of reincarnation like the turtles.
What if Krang learned of Saki's resurrected nature and took an interest in capturing him to learn how he was brought back to life so Krang could use that to bring back the Utroms (remember, apparently he and his kin are the only remaining Oots).
Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #164
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
What if Krang learned of Saki's resurrected nature and took an interest in capturing him to learn how he was brought back to life so Krang could use that to bring back the Utroms (remember, apparently he and his kin are the only remaining Oots).
That's very interesting, and could possibly be a cool storyline line in the future, but Krang isn't too familiar with Saki right now. He referred to him as a bug who could be swatted a whiles back.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #165
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Really, I think the witch and the Tengu bit- along with Shredder's ressurection- will have more to do with the supernatural causes than anything to do with aliens. There doesn't seem to be any hint of C'hrell there.

Also, Krang didn't consider Shedder his rival, he dismissed Shredder and the conflict he was in (Which we now know is with the Savate ninjas)as 'meaningless'compared to Krang's mission. And it never said Krang and Shredder were rivals, Baxter called him his 'competetor'. I believe Baxter was referring to the fact that both are using mutagen to create mutants- remember, from Baxter's point of view at the time, Krang was some human warlord with a lot of money and tech, who was paying him to make soldiers and wepons. His natural assumption about the ninjas who stole the mutagen was that thy worked for some competeing warlord,/general, who wanted mutant super soldiers of his own. Again, no Ch'rell.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #166
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Really, I think the witch and the Tengu bit- along with Shredder's ressurection- will have more to do with the supernatural causes than anything to do with aliens. There doesn't seem to be any hint of C'hrell there.
I must have missed the Tengu part you're talking about... but someone dubbed "The Iron Demon" could certainly be an Utrom in an exosuit.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #167
ToTheNines
[sic]

Also, I don't know if you have seen the cover for #4, but I'd say this beast (complete with design sensibilities that are strikingly similar to Krang's own exo suit) is the one called The Iron Demon:

Seeing this cover a few weeks ago was actually the first thing made me seriously consider to possibility of Ch'rell.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 01-06-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #168
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
To be fair, if you look at strugler's posting history, he/she typically posts three or four time a month updating everyone on the newest reviews and commenting on a couple of snarks before disappearing until the next month when the cycle begins anew.

If he/she actively posted like Spengs, Rich, and others, then the perceived "hate" would be a non-issue as it wouldn't exist.
Forgive the veering off course ... I began reading this thread at the beginning. Just wanted to comment...The fact that people are using the word "hate" (not you Venom) in a forum about comic book and cartoon characters means some take things a little too seriously. This person enjoys their site, thinks its great, and is sharing it with fans. A few posts per month is hardly anything. Folks should Ignore it and move on instead of being cranky.

In other news, the cover ToTheNines posted above is ridiculous. How cool! He mentioned krang's android body. Kinda looks like it..??

Last edited by darthsmozers; 01-05-2013 at 05:50 PM.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #169
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Also, I don't know if you have seen the cover for #4, but I'd say this beast (complete with design sensibilities that are strikingly similar to Krang's own exo suit) is the one called The Iron Demon:
ToTheNines, who is the man in the middle of that picture? (i havent read this miniseries yet).
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #170
ToTheNines
[sic]

Dr. Patrick Miller. He's a historian who uncovers some information about the Foot clan's early days. Check out the preview for #1: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14763
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #171
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Plus there's been a few small things like Alopex's hideout at the end of "Raphael" looking particularly alien. That had to have been on purpose, the art team wouldn't go out of their way to make it anything other than "standard abandoned warehouse bad guy hideout" unless directed to do so.
Good point, I've never noticed that before. The walls and the lights in those final pages seems to refer to some kind of alien technology. They don't look like a standard abandoned warehouse like the place where the turtles fought Shredder or the place where Karai and Shredder discussed in #13.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #172
Lampy
Stone Warrior

That looks so much like krang's OT suit that you can just about visualize it even with the heavy shadows. The resemblance in the outlines is just too uncanny
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #173
Slade
god status

Finally picked this up. Glad I haven't read anything yet. I feel left out!
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, idw