The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #61
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
All in all, I thought it was a decent issue. I did think it was a bit ridiculous that april would get mad at Casey for what was basically him defending himself, but I know from experience that not all fights are really logical...

The end was cool.
If it weren't for that ending, I think a lot of us would kiss this particular mini-series goodbye.

See what I did there? Kiss? Because it's a romance? Sigh... guess I'll keep my dayjob and give up the dream of becoming a standup comedian.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:18 AM   #62
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If it weren't for that ending, I think a lot of us would kiss this particular mini-series goodbye.

See what I did there? Kiss? Because it's a romance? Sigh... guess I'll keep my dayjob and give up the dream of becoming a standup comedian.
To be fair, I think a lot of things would be much worse without an ending.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #63
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
THE MOST troublesome thing, though, is that the book is only 20 pages but still costs $4. So we've lost two pages, but we're still paying the same. That sure sucks.
Spoiler:
So wait not only was it 2 pages short but the last 2 pages were single panel splashes? I knew this wasn't going to be able to fill 4 issues worth of story. Let's hope next month has more progress.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #64
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

I've fallen behind on the TMNT series, so I probably should have read this last story arc first, but I wanted this issue when I saw that April and Casey were on a road trip.

I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing what Rat King has in store for them. I'm nostalgic for the Archie April O'Neil mini-series, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in another story focused on April.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #65
FunkyDoesIt
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Spoiler:
So wait not only was it 2 pages short but the last 2 pages were single panel splashes? I knew this wasn't going to be able to fill 4 issues worth of story. Let's hope next month has more progress.
I totaly agree with you, I had the same reaction when I read it... It feels like they already running thin on that story...

Spoiler:
The last page single panel splashes is normal since it leaves us on a bit of suspense and we get to remeet one of the characters, but the panel with Casey on his bike felt kinda unnecessary
Old 07-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #66
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Path Da Noor
Quote:
Path Da Noor
It's Pai-Doth Noor, you filthy casuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I don't think this sort of "teen romance" comic is for me; just not a genre I'm interested in. That said, the whole business at the diner was some tired old cliche' stuff. A hick in a cowboy hat picks a fight. That was, jeez, every time anybody EVER stops at a diner in the Southwest, there's always a hick in a cowboy hat looking for trouble. Every time. Without fail. The faux-manga art isn't really my thing either, but Koh's Rat King looked great. Fantastic colors from Reinwand, too. THE MOST troublesome thing, though, is that the book is only 20 pages but still costs $4. So we've lost two pages, but we're still paying the same. That sure sucks.
Sums it up for me. Really not feeling this so far. It has a very Tumblr aesthetic (faux-manga styled art, interpersonal romance/drama, etc), which I don't find particularly appealing. & the attitudes April & Casey had towards one another felt out of character, as if there was already a problem between them that we've somehow missed out on. Nothing about the art or writing is inherently bad or anything like that, it just doesn't feel like TMNT at all. I'm interested in The Pantheon very much, so I look forward to learning more, & I like that Rat King's look now has a bit of Nick influence to it, but other than that this fell flat for me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #67
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

I hate reading these books out of order. When does this story take place in regards to the main series? Do I have to wait until I read #50 before I start on this or when can I start on it?
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #68
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I hate reading these books out of order. When does this story take place in regards to the main series? Do I have to wait until I read #50 before I start on this or when can I start on it?
It seems like it takes place right after TMNT #47.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #69
ToTheNines
[sic]

The beginning stems directly after Casey and April's stuff in 47 so you can start reading then. I just have it after 50 because the bulk of the story takes place in the desert, which is about a 3 day drive.

Current placement isn't set in stone.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #70
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

I've seen the Casey/April issues coming a long time. Remember when he almost assaulted her on accident during the return from Northampton arc? Or how she's been harping on him about college? Add in the recent Hun stuff and what he said in #47 and Casey's mental state has them at risk as a couple. It's been a while coming.

That said, I think saying this feels like something off Tumblr is kinda accurate and I hope it gets better. So far it's pretty meh.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #71
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Casey realizing that he's a lot more like his dad than he liked to believe... that's definitely haunting him.

Which means he pushes April away. Hopefully for quite awhile... I'm now 100% onboard with an Angel/Casey romance.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #72
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Casey realizing that he's a lot more like his dad than he liked to believe... that's definitely haunting him.

Which means he pushes April away. Hopefully for quite awhile... I'm now 100% onboard with an Angel/Casey romance.
Good point. I know the romance between Casey and April is canon...And it would interesting if they ended up as best friends only. April needs another guy.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #73
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Good point. I know the romance between Casey and April is canon...And it would interesting if they ended up as best friends only. April needs another guy.
I think IDW Casey and April have had the least reason to be together of all Casey/April pairings.

Well, except for the Nick cartoon. I can't speak to that yet...
Old 07-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #74
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd be down for them just being best friends. Their romance is often forced anyway.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #75
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'd be down for them just being best friends. Their romance is often forced anyway.
For reals!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, mini-series