The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #41
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

I'd love a new human kid better than Chris!
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #42
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Have not seen Deadpool but I'm just happy this still moving forward.

Maybe a chaos emerald could be found by NASA and Eggman traces it here. Tricks the humans into thinking he will harness it as a new source of energy by setting up power planets around the world but secretly builds an army of machines to take over the planet.

I really hope the focus is on Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. I don't mind the other characters but for a first movie those should be the center of the non-humans. Maybe Amy Rose would be ok too as a tag along.

I want at least 1 big final battle between Sonic and a giant mech or monster while eventually turning into Super Sonic for the ending. A sky fight with the Tornado would be nice too.

Ok I could rant about a bunch of stuff because I've always wanted this but it'd probably be too much to fit into 1 movie.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #43
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

More information has surfaced.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:31 AM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I hope this is gonna be good. Like some other franchises like My Little Pony, I felt a theatrical feature film for Sonic was overdue. I mean, the guy has had so many games and cartoons, you would think he would have had more appearances on the big screen rather than just a cameo in Wreck it Ralph

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:05 AM   #45
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Why do people keep bringing up Chipmunks and Smurfs as an indication of how it could turn out? Those are really different characters that were meant to be cute. Even Peter Rabbit before someone mentions it. Sonic is about action and fighting. Plus Paramount acquired it.

I really hope it is finally starting some sort of production but I wouldn’t be surprised if it got delayed again.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:10 AM   #46
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Even Mario has a new movie planned. Come on Sonic, I have faith in you.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:16 AM   #47
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Why do people keep bringing up Chipmunks and Smurfs as an indication of how it could turn out?
Because there's still a high probability that this film will crash and burn?

Name the last video game based movie that was EVER received well?
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:27 AM   #48
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post

Name the video game based movie that was EVER received well?
Just the first MK but that’s not why people bring up Chipmunks and Smurfs. It’s because it’s gonna be a live action cgi movie.

Using those as a supposed indicator doesn’t make sense to me. Track record of video game based movies in general I can understand.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:10 AM   #49
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post

Name the last video game based movie that was EVER received well?
Tomb Raider.
Prince of Persia.
Resident Evil.
Max Payne.
Angry Birds (ugh).
Old 02-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #50
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The Resident Evil movies made a LOT of money. People hated them but they made a profit.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So.... are Sonic and Tails gonna come to our world and disrupt Neil Patrick Harris' life, along with the obligatory joke of Sonic encountering a Sonics?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #52
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Tomb Raider.
Prince of Persia.
Resident Evil.
Max Payne.
Angry Birds (ugh).
Literally none of those movies were received well (box office results notwithstanding, we're just talking about how the films were received critically)
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #53
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
The Resident Evil movies made a LOT of money. People hated them but they made a profit.
Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Literally none of those movies were received well (box office results notwithstanding, we're just talking about how the films were received critically)
Who gives a **** about critics? Money speaks louder than some old farts yelling at clouds. And the fans are happy, that's what matter.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #54
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Who gives a **** about critics? Money speaks louder than some old farts yelling at clouds. And the fans are happy, that's what matter.
No, it doesn't. Most people who watch movies don't give a sh*t that these films are based on video games nor are they necessarily fans of those videos game franchises. Most Resident Evil fans hate those terrible Resident Evil movies, yet they're still popular with the average movie going audience because hot female lead, action, zombies, and iconic name.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:09 PM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It was never a theatrical release, but I thought Pokemon Origins was a wonderfully done psuedo-film that was a complete adaption of the video games unlike the Pokemon Anime which was only loosely based off it.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:10 PM   #56
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Indeed.

Well in this instance by "critically" I only meant how individual audience members judged these video game movies, not just critics. And based on each of those movies' Rotten Tomato scores, most people disliked the movies. Of course, some people felt differently, and that's fine.

I'm just saying that the claim people often make that video game movies usually are not received very well is true
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Why do people keep bringing up Chipmunks and Smurfs as an indication of how it could turn out?
Cause Sonic is another talking animal. Seeing a cartoon hedgehog among real people is another recipe for disaster.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:54 AM   #58
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Would have preferred a completely CGI animated movie but at least this project is getting somewhere.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:43 AM   #59
Allio
Foot Elite

Would have been better if it was nowhere
Old 02-20-2018, 05:17 PM   #60
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The movie has a November 15, 2019 release date:

http://deadline.com/2018/02/sonic-th...mpression=true
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote