The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #81
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
welcome to human nature, it's what we do.
Pretentious statements?
Not all humans doing it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #82
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Then of course there are those that uses such titles as "love and peace" as a cover as they do the attacking. I
Oh, I just LOVE those people. there's one on another forum that is a master of it....also possible disney plant. They are masters at tricking people to their side...while appearing to be 'positive'..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #83
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I went and checked out that "Deviations" comic (about a timeline where they never crossed the streams), and I actually thought it was pretty funny.

The absurd humor, alongside the apocalyptic theme and solid character moments, made it feel like an authentic Ghostbusters experience.

I've never read any of Kelly Thompson's stuff before, but that issue left a good impression.
You're kidding me. I just pulled it out of the long box, since you and I seem to have similar taste most of the time, but it definitely is a stinker.

The art is good and she actually writes the main cast well, but she took the Stay Puft silliness WAY too far. Really lost me on the poop joke, and the spongebob anachronism.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ters-fan-fest/

Maybe it's just a Fan Fest in 2019? Eh...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #85
Shark_Blade
Emperor

As long it doesn't contain pussy fart jokes.

I know it's a fanfest but it's kinda sad the reboot Ghosbusters is being forgotten. The cast was awesome imo just the script and story are flawed. Weird that it got a Fresh 73% rating on rottentomatoes though, the critics actually like it?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #86
Vegita-San
Emperor

the critics where afraid of being trashed by toxic positivity.

one guy from chicago dared to tell the truth and basically had to go into hiding. iirc

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 06-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #87
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
the critics where afraid of being trashed by toxic positivity.

one guy from chicago dared to tell the truth and basically had to go into hiding. iirc
... and your sources are?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #88
Allio
Foot Elite

While not a source but looking at the reaction of a guy who just said he wasn’t going to see it...
Old 06-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #89
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
While not a source but looking at the reaction of a guy who just said he wasn’t going to see it...
ya that was AVGN aka James Rolfe it was Ghostbusters 2016 no review I refuse. Everyone lost their **** when he posted that.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #90
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
As long it doesn't contain pussy fart jokes.

I know it's a fanfest but it's kinda sad the reboot Ghosbusters is being forgotten. The cast was awesome imo just the script and story are flawed. Weird that it got a Fresh 73% rating on rottentomatoes though, the critics actually like it?
The number 1 thing the reboot will be remembered for is how much hate it got. Never has any movie or show been trashed to that level. If it was not for that it would have just been another movie that some liked and some didn’t. No big deal.

Once awhile passes I think the movie itself will be looked back on more favorably. Like it could have been better but was fine as is. Just should have been a continuation.

To be honest, ya know how we automatically think of stuff during certain times, well whenever something ghost related has come up I’ve actually caught myself thinking about the reboot’s proton packs.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:22 AM   #91
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
ya that was AVGN aka James Rolfe it was Ghostbusters 2016 no review I refuse. Everyone lost their **** when he posted that.
I remember this. The whole reaction, or rather, overreaction, was shameful and horrid.
People were proclaiming that they guy is sexist, racist and who knows what else, while he just didn't want to watch something not to his taste. It was one of the breaking points where I have started to see what really lefties are about.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #92
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I remember this. The whole reaction, or rather, overreaction, was shameful and horrid.
People were proclaiming that they guy is sexist, racist and who knows what else, while he just didn't want to watch something not to his taste. It was one of the breaking points where I have started to see what really lefties are about.
kind of the same way. I just couldn't believe there where so many crazy people out there that felt that way about someone NOT wanting to watch a movie, that it made me want to look more into it. I kind of regret it, as I'm NOT A political person at heart. but it is fascinating in kind of a sad way to see what makes one person act like that, and the various simple things it'll take to see someone turn into acting like that.

sometimes all it takes is someone disagreeing with you about a topic, and boom, the crazy switch is flipped. and all the reactions are pretty universal too. like a genetically linked disease.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They're almost undoubtedly going to miss their 2019 date (which was probably made up to begin with), but here's Aykroyd... still saying they're doing Ghostbusters 3:

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2018/11/...I2RZCTy_8T5fck
Old 11-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #94
Vegita-San
Emperor

dan has gone bye bye..what have you got left?

Old 11-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #95
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Sorry, Vegita-San, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #96
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

The reason I actually believe Dan this time about the sequel?

Because Bill Murray was the reason 3 was held up all these years, and now he's lost his veto. Murray can't stop it any more.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #97
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post

Because Bill Murray was the reason 3 was held up all these years, and now he's lost his veto. Murray can't stop it any more.
I think he didn't like the script for GB3 originally and thought it was bad.

Maybe he had a bad experiences working on these movies and he doesn't want any part of them. Everyone else seems down for making another one except him.

I remember that they had to talk him into doing the Ghostbusters video game years ago.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-16-2018 at 07:11 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #98
Leo656
The Franchise

The "official" story has long been that Murray was one of the people who overreacted to how "bad" Ghostbusters II supposedly was, which made him swear off sequels in general for the longest time, and another Ghostbusters sequel specifically.

The fact that he really hates GBII, and refused to do GBIII, and yet, was okay with doing that abomination reboot, has made me lose a little respect for him, and also question his judgment. We could've had something great, and he screwed it up, and instead we got something terrible, and he endorsed it. Very frustrating.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #99
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The "official" story has long been that Murray was one of the people who overreacted to how "bad" Ghostbusters II supposedly was, which made him swear off sequels in general for the longest time, and another Ghostbusters sequel specifically.

The fact that he really hates GBII, and refused to do GBIII, and yet, was okay with doing that abomination reboot, has made me lose a little respect for him, and also question his judgment. We could've had something great, and he screwed it up, and instead we got something terrible, and he endorsed it. Very frustrating.
I don't think he wanted to do the reboot either. If you followed the 'Sony hack' email leaks at the time, there was some suggestion of coercion on Sony's part. There was a vague threat of a lawsuit if Murray didn't play along; like they had some kind of card up there sleeve that they could pay if he caused any trouble.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:46 PM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post

Wait, how has he lost his veto? Did that just apply to a third movie -- any movie -- which ended up being Feigbusters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post

I think he didn't like the script for GB3 originally and thought it was bad.
I'm assuming you're talking about Bill now.

Quote:
Maybe he had a bad experiences working on these movies and he doesn't want any part of them. Everyone else seems down for making another one except him.

I remember that they had to talk him into doing the Ghostbusters video game years ago.
Murray never outright shot down the possibility of him doing GB3. I think at a certain point he got sick of being asked about it. He always entertained all of Aykroyd's scripts... he just never signed onto any of them. I don't discount the possibility of all of the Aykroyd scripts being bad, but I doubt Bill was particularly helpful about things either in trying to help steer him in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I don't think he wanted to do the reboot either. If you followed the 'Sony hack' email leaks at the time, there was some suggestion of coercion on Sony's part. There was a vague threat of a lawsuit if Murray didn't play along; like they had some kind of card up there sleeve that they could pay if he caused any trouble.
Very true. And it can't be coincidence that Bill's grudging agreement to cameo in FeigBusters amounted to just him entering the scene, immediately sitting in a chair for the duration of the scene and then quickly dying.

We don't really know where Bill's head is at after the Feig movie and it's failure. Maybe he even feels a little bit responsible for that, in a roundabout way. Would there be enough to counteract everything in the past enough to do one more movie in the hope of redeeming things/turning things around, and now even the loss of Ramis? I dunno. I hope so, but I dunno.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-15-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Tags
cuckbusters, mothercuckbucket, sjws answer the call, snake_the_cuck