The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-16-2019, 05:14 AM   #3401
newfan
Mad Scientist

Nice that you got to rescue the sibling too.

I have no particular event that has made me happy today just that I am having one of those days where I wake up with energy/motivation and a generally uplifted mood.

Last edited by newfan; 09-16-2019 at 08:30 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #3402
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
New update- a friend of ours who has lots of time during the day, along with her cat-loving roommate/SO, is going to take them both. So they will have a new home, with someone we know. So glad to see they are going to be given a good life!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 PM   #3403
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Was buying some graphic novels off of amazon and after a while after paying for them I got an email stating I could get on free DC Graphic Novel Digitally as a promotion. So I got Scott Snyder's Justice League 1 for free with the ones I paid for.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #3404
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I found free bread. Odd as that sounds. lol

It may end up going to the birds, but it's a rye sealed in an inner wrapper, not just the bread bag, so we'll see.

Was just sitting there on the wood chips under a tree to the left of my car. Someone who'd parked in that spot, opposite side of the tree, must have lost it while putting their stuff in the car and didn't notice.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #3405
IMJ
Stone Warrior

Going out into my backyard and seeing my new Arbor Vidae growing in new planter boxes. Had it done yesterday so today was the first day I got to wake up and see the work as if it's always been there.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:23 AM   #3406
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

For as hectic as it's been...I got six (temporary?) foster kittens this evening? The previous foster couldn't handle them anymore (and also wasn't doing THE BEST to take care of them, to mine and my mom's chagrin), so I have them until a new permanent one can be secured.

And then we named them.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:48 AM   #3407
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Making me happy- Iron Maiden concert is tomorrow! (Technically tonight, since it's now Saturday, but....) Gonna rock my socks off!

Old 09-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #3408
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Day late, but got the exercise bike I ordered.

Spent all day and evening Saturday waiting for UPS, only for it to fail to show up and move to Monday. Grr. >.> Must have been last on the list. Didn't even come until later afternoon yesterday, but at least it finally did. Got it put together and seems like a pretty decent one for the price.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #3409
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

While I felt crummy through the day to the point of not being able to help with some housecleaning (deep crack in the heel of my foot didn't help), I felt better with one helluva bath that should help me get some pep for tomorrow.

With lots of salts and bath bomb, total coating in sugar scrub, slathering in coconut oil...I felt pretty godly. And then once my foot heals up, I should be able to get it pedicured.

Also, got a decent heating pad for my three kittens that are surviving (all three looking like they're totally different life stages - with one that we need to keep off the brink).

My adult foster is going to live with my youngest brother, who is getting divorced (oh noooo what ever will I do without the SIL whose dog killed my cat???)
Which is great because she started food striking again. Yesterday we gave her subcutaneous fluids (which we've also been giving to the weakest kitten to boost his appetite and keep him from getting dehydrated), and that has her eating a little bit.

So in spite of some physical and mental exhaustion, things are going well as far as my animals are concerned.

Also my other brother's girlfriend is hosting a Yom Kippur party at our house, when we've never really hosted big celebrations like that. So that's a big motivation for giant cleanup.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #3410
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime

Spent a relaxing day out in Newcastle
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #3411
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Easy extra pay on an otherwise off day. Via meeting up with my supervisor and a couple others to get things set up on the brand new devices we get at the regional meeting next week. And then come home and relax on my own computer and page through a long, but easy interactive "work harassment training" thing and get paid for that time too.

Also, I love when people just randomly include the TMNT in stuff. This made me laugh.

Quote:
https://www.standard.net/news/educat...aa932f676.html
Students at Northridge High get a taste of CSI

Students were separated into teams called ďunits,Ē just like real ó and dramatized ó crime scene investigations.

The victim in another groupís crime scene was the Master Chief character from the video game ďHalo.Ē His body was surrounded by broken glass, a signed document, a tiny piece of pizza and a three-pronged sais cut out of paper, suggesting that at least one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had been present at the scene.
Raph...what did you do. Or at least got mixed up in.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #3412
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I find it more shocking that someone murdered Master Chief! (Love the first three Halo games, so I am saddened by his passing.... RIP, Sir....)

Old 10-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #3413
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Long, but fun yearly work meeting with people I may or may not have met a year ago (some seemed familiar, aside from the two I know and a couple of others I saw last week), free food (and left over pizza and cookies I brought home), and was focused on learning how to use our new devices. Little sad saying goodbye to my old I've had since hired, but these new ones are nice Samsung A20 phones, just with the phone part deactivated.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:18 AM   #3414
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Havenít been posting much these days, but wanted to share some good news - fiiiiinally got a horror script optioned by a major studio Still a long way from it becoming a reality but they seemed genuinely excited about it and my co-writer and I have been getting calls from agents since the deal was signed, which is a good sign itís being talked about. And even if it doesnít get made, I got paid a nice option fee (with the stipulation of coming on as Producer if it gets picked up!).

Sorry if this is coming off a bit ďgloatyĒ but Iíve been busting my ass for over ten years trying to get something going and the past few months everythingís just been clicking into place. Just finally feeling good. Havenít been drinking, getting high, or anything else thatís kept me numb. Just in a good place for once, and wanted to share
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:24 AM   #3415
Leo656
The Franchise

No, no, that is justifiably Good News after putting that much work in. Hope it works out.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:25 AM   #3416
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Havenít been posting much these days, but wanted to share some good news - fiiiiinally got a horror script optioned by a major studio Still a long way from it becoming a reality but they seemed genuinely excited about it and my co-writer and I have been getting calls from agents since the deal was signed, which is a good sign itís being talked about. And even if it doesnít get made, I got paid a nice option fee (with the stipulation of coming on as Producer if it gets picked up!).

Sorry if this is coming off a bit ďgloatyĒ but Iíve been busting my ass for over ten years trying to get something going and the past few months everythingís just been clicking into place. Just finally feeling good. Havenít been drinking, getting high, or anything else thatís kept me numb. Just in a good place for once, and wanted to share
That's great news! All the best with that.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:26 AM   #3417
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thanks, Leo
Old 10-19-2019, 04:29 AM   #3418
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
That's great news! All the best with that.
Thanks man. This all feels kinda surreal but Iím still more the ďIíll get excited and believe it when Iím standing on setĒ kinda guy.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:30 AM   #3419
Leo656
The Franchise

Think nothing of it. I had a bad day and now I gotta try and buy my way into Heaven one good deed at a time. I was halfway up and now I gotta start all over again.

Like "Crow: Stairway To Heaven", nah'mean?

But no, seriously, good luck with that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:34 AM   #3420
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thatís movie is a deep cut in two different ways, homie.