The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #1501
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

What makes me happy today: That a new TMNT episode is on today, that we've changed our clocks back so we get one extra hour of sleep, and that the sun is shining.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #1502
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Best part of the day: Even though I had to work, unlike last week, this time I wasn't due in until noon, and work is close to home, allowing me to watch the new episode at 11am with 15 min to spare afterward.

To add to that, I'm off tomorrow so I don't have to get to bed so early and now I get to go see if I can watch the Half Shell special on Nick.com.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #1503
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Reading about Super Goku's triumphant return.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #1504
pennydreadful
trash

Being able to spend some time with my dad made me happy; not nearly long enough but he crashed at my place for 2 nights while he was in town taking care of some stuff and it was great to see him - he lives in another state so we don't get to catch up as much as I'd like. I loaded up his ipod with music that we both love (since he's currently without a decent computer); it was good being able to do something for him, even if it was only small, because he's always there for me when I need it.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:14 AM   #1505
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Spending time with parents is always a good thing if you haven't seen them for a while and if you get along with them. Glad to hear it worked out, Penny.

My happy makers: That today is National Sandwich Day and that I finally found It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown on DVD yesterday at Walmart.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #1506
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just found out my sister is going to visit me this Christmas! Looking forward to it!
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #1507
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Doing my happy dance- so after nearly a week of being in the hospital (AGAIN), my other half finally got to come home today! I got off work a little early (Thanks, boss!) and headed up to see him, but got a call while I was on the way there to say they were letting him go. Yay! I've missed having him here with me, and our furry "Angel" has certainly missed her "daddy" too! She's ben all bouncy and winding around our legs, purring, not going more than a few feet from him ever since we got home.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #1508
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

McKenzie's seasonal hard cider. It's so damn delicious. It's like apple pie in a bottle. <3
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #1509
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Got to spend the afternoon with my best friend.
It was awesome.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #1510
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

WE GOT THE LOAN FOR OUR NEW HOUSE, WE'RE MOVING INTO A GOOD ONE AND MY BROTHERS ARE ALL THERE AND WE'RE ALL TOGETHER AGAIN AND GOING TO BE IN A HOUSE THAT'S BIG ENOUGH AND WE'RE RENTING TO OWN AND THE HOUSE IS BEAUTIFUL AND I'M SO HAPPY!!! IT HAS TWO LIVING ROOMS, ME AND THE BROS GET OUR OWN....... THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

Old 11-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #1511
Mew
Banned

Told a friend about One Piece today. I hope he gets into it!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #1512
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Watched Beavis and Butthead with my Dad. Lots of good needed laughs.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #1513
pennydreadful
trash

Beavis and Butthead - the show that doesn't suck.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #1514
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Icy Hot
Having only two classes today.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #1515
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Smile

Took some new pics of my WIP turtle lair last night. Raph's room is nearly complete, as are Splinter's room and Don's lab and bedroom. Just got Mike and Leo's rooms and the kitchen to finish off. The living room is nearly done, all it needs is a few minor details. Then comes the fun patt- putting it all together! Walls need paint and the hangings put up, but otherwise it's mostly complete. Now I just need to get doorways cut out. Have to arrange everything to see where to cut first.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #1516
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Resting quite a bit and knowing I have essentially 4 weeks of school left. The home stretch is about to begin...
Old 11-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #1517
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I meant to post this last night, but by golly the talent show present at school was decent. I wasn't in it, but I did get a kick out of the M.Cs doing the show contrasting with one serious and the other a complete dolt. The music wasn't too shabby, being based on world travel oddly. All of it culminating in a band performance; one of my best friends was in that group and was asked to Winter Ball on the stage. That was a thunderous reaction upon accepting, my gosh it was a great time.

Man, now if only I can sing actually.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #1518
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

For yesterday... even though it's very sad, everything for my father's funeral came together just as we had hoped. A local guy who has a modified and decorated truck to which he offers himself as a driver for deceased veterans (as opposed to using a hearse), and does so for free, was available and agreed to do it. (He even slipped out early to avoid allowing my mother to give him a tip, as he said on the phone.) The friend of my mom's friend who plays bagpipes was able to come and do his thing. (My dad wanted that for my mom someday, but she decided he should have it as well.) And the Honor Guard, with their however many gun salute, was also able to be there; firing that off in this small little cemetery. Plenty of people, including some we've not seen in a long time and a few we would not have expected came to it. Weather was cold, but at least it was sunny and pretty much all turned out how my dad would have wanted, and then some.

I am not happy for having to do and go through this or for the grief at such a loss, but I'm happy that it turned out so well.

My dad took plenty of coffee with him... Not only had I bought him a bag of coffee beans from his favorite place (buried with him), but a family friend brought along a bag of the ground stuff. That ended up poured over the top of the casket. Yes, coffee instead of flowers. lol (He did have the customary flower arrangement, but it stayed beside the casket.) And that wasn't until after most had left a message written on it with permanent marker; a tradition started with my grandparents.

Today... finally found a really good price on eBay the other day for one of those TMNT 3D glasses masks from last year and that came today so I finally have a pair. Plus a dog tag key chain for my brother-in-law and an engraved ring for my mother - both gifts and in memory of my father - also came in the mail and look great, esp the ring.

Oh yes, and I also found a great b-day card for someone. Now, I should note that this card is going to an uncle (by marriage) whom along with my aunt I still exchange cards for birthdays and major holidays. Even though they are really jerky people. Really jerky. One might ask why I even bother, but after my mother decided to cut her sister out of her life years ago... being that this aunt and uncle never thought too kindly of me, in a way I guess it was my way of being the better person than them and allowing this limited remaining contact that she would have to accept as enough with the one niece she never liked much. So... we still exchange cards, largely because they get a stick up their butt about cards.

Thus, my favorite thing is to, if possible, find cards that kind of stick it to them a little, in a subtle way that they might not even notice.

Case in point - my uncle is pretty much a serious ass of a person and always has been. I found a birthday card that says this inside:

May the joy in your day match the warmth of your ways --
to make it your best birthday ever.

Warmth? My uncle? Yeah right. Have a nice chilly birthday. *evil grin*

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-22-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #1519
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Being able to spend Thanksgiving with family as opposed to home alone/at work. Above average temperatures for today and tomorrow with it touching the low 60s. (Far cry from other years that we've seen our first flurries on Thanksgiving.) Parades on tv; having two angles of NYC's to flip between along with the 'local' Philly one. Breaking out the little Santa hat I made for my big Leo figure last year; adorable if I do say so myself. Discussing plans to go ahead and decorate my dad's CB radio antenna with Christmas lights like he had wanted to do. And probably just leave it decorated since there is no use for it anymore...
Old 11-26-2015, 04:17 PM   #1520
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Buying stuff. I am gonna be in so much debt in the future.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote