The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

TMNT first season 4 disc set is coming out in october

Get ready to relive all the non-stop ninja action in this 4-disc set including all 26 episodes from the first season, and awesome special features! Join the four crime-fighting brothers Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo as they take down robotic kraangdroids, mutated villains, and the merciless leader of the Foot Clan, Shredder.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 4-DVD Set of 'The Complete 1st Season: The Beginning'

Scheduled by Nickelodeon and Paramount for early October!
Posted by David Lambert

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20022#ixzz36vEs1Aup

4 discs in three amaray disc cases: All 26 episodes and bonus content from Rise of the Turtles, Enter Shredder and Ultimate Showdown. Gift Set includes sample of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Visual History" coffee table book, and 10 min of additional bonus content accessed online (TBC).

Although the entire freshman season of the 2012 Nickelodeon show is already on DVD in separate volumes, fans asked for a full season set...and the studio has listened! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Complete 1st Season: The Beginning is coming to stores October 7th. It will only be available on DVD format; there is no Blu-ray version on the calendar at this time. Early cover art is below, but it may not be finalized and could be subject to change:

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20022#ixzz36vEp3seo
Old 07-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Still no Blu-Ray? Come on Nick.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

And they're the exact same discs from the individual releases, so not really missing out on a lot by giving this a skip. Cool for the peeps who wanted the whole shebang in one purchase, though. Wonder what kind of additional online bonus stuff they have in mind...
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
, fans asked for a full season set...and the studio has listened!
Nick you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray

- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I've already got the original releases and this is... just those same releases packaged together, so there's no point in picking this up. The cover art is also pretty weak (Seriously - why is "The Beginning" so much bigger than the actual show logo? Weird choice, guys!).

I will gladly double-dip if we get a decent Blu-ray set, though. And I'm kind of amazed that they're finally putting out a full season set but they're specifically not releasing it on Blu-ray. You're leaving money on the table, Nickelodeon!

Last edited by Bry; 07-08-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

It's handy having all your discs together but this is not worth double dipping for.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor

Hurray! I was waiting to buy all of these until there was a complete set.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think people buying this set will be the people complaining in another few months when a blu-ray set is announced and claim how they don't want to, "triple dip."

I'm certain this series will get a blu-ray release eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

BLU RAY!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #10
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Yes! So glad I didn't but the individual releases now. Can't wait to get this.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #11
JTH
"ME"

Nick has been on record pretty much since they bought the franchise that the only way you'll get what you want is if:
A. The new movie does well
B. You invest in the releases they put out initially

You want the show in HD, then buy it. It's available. ITunes has them, Amazon has them. There's other ways to get what you want. There is Hi-Def beyond Blu-Ray folks.

You don't want to invest in what you want, when it's available to you? Fine, keep whining. See how far that gets ya.

Plant your feet in the ground and hurt your own cause because it's not "exactly" how you want it, I'll laugh my head off when it never comes.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Nick has been on record pretty much since they bought the franchise that the only way you'll get what you want is if:
A. The new movie does well
B. You invest in the releases they put out initially

You want the show in HD, then buy it. It's available. ITunes has them, Amazon has them. There's other ways to get what you want. There is Hi-Def beyond Blu-Ray folks.

You don't want to invest in what you want, when it's available to you? Fine, keep whining. See how far that gets ya.

Plant your feet in the ground and hurt your own cause because it's not "exactly" how you want it, I'll laugh my head off when it never comes.

Where has a Nick gone "on record" about this?

Some people still like having physical copies of TV series and movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #13
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post

Just because one invests in something, doesn't mean that it'll lead to 'greater' things.

For example, I invested in all of those '3 to 4 episodes per disc' DVD's that 4kids put out back in the day. Even the 'single episode/Michelangelo-Christmas' DVD.

Why? Because in hope that me 'investing my money' into all of that would maybe lead to a better/complete set down the road.

Which didn't happen.

So, what did I get for 'doing the right thing' and investing all of my money into it (Other than being one of the few that actually owns most of that series on physical copies that's not DVD-R's)?

*A last season that never came out in the US, thus I have to own a 'DVD-R' of it along with the ones I DID buy. And sorry, I couldn't afford (at the time) getting that last season from Australia.

*Owning a series which is out of order.

If I knew that, I could have just waited, saved my money, and bought DVD-R's of the whole series off of ioffer (which at least the episodes would be in the correct Order) or something.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #14
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
fans asked for a full season set...and the studio has listened!
Uhh, not really. Where's the blu-ray set? That's what I want.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #15
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Uhh, not really. Where's the blu-ray set? That's what I want.
Well...fans WERE asking for it...When it should have been released in the FIRST place.

Why would I buy a season set if I already have them? I mean, someone is really going to pay that money to save maybe a few inches of space on your shelf?

C'mon now.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Where has a Nick gone "on record" about this?

Some people still like having physical copies of TV series and movies.
I first heard the news from this video which is from Zaranyzerak when he commented on the news that Michael Bay had made the Turtles "aliens" for the movie. Some people on here have probably seen his Turtles videos, but he is also an insider who I am personally friends with, is also good friends with Brian Ward (Creator of "Shout Factory) and gets a lot of information from behind the scenes.

Go right to 11:25 for the bit. *WARNING: EXPLICT LANGUAGE* "Watch at your own risk"
http://youtu.be/sP_EjHUGPMk?t=11m25s

Last edited by JTH; 07-08-2014 at 07:48 PM.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #17
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Oh, come on, guys. We're finally getting a full season set! Blu-ray would be nice, but it's not entirely necessary.
However, I do agree they still need to put the 2003 show out on DVD. THE RIGHT WAY, this time.
And that cover looks totally... with lack of a better word... badass.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #18
arkangel
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Hurray! I was waiting to buy all of these until there was a complete set.
Me too !!
I "almost" broke down and picked them up at Walmart last week. After seeing a 4th mini set come out, I was starting to think it wasn't going to happen. I could care less about Blue-Ray when it comes to cartoons. Epic sci-fi or fantasy mega blockbuster like Star Wars, Star Trek, or LOTR sure. But for this, I'm more than satisfied with a DVD set.
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #19
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
Blu-ray would be nice, but it's not entirely necessary.
It is if they want my money. The show is broadcast in 1080i ... the blu-ray is 1080p which has even better picture quality than the broadcast. Why would I spend my money on something that will look terrible on my TV? They make the show in HD, put it out in HD... why is this so difficult a concept? And I don't want a downloaded iTunes/Amazon/Google file ... I want a physical copy.

Honestly, I don't know anyone that still has a SD TV and just a regular DVD player ... this isn't the 90s or the 2000s anymore, lol. Asking me to buy a DVD is like asking DVD lovers to buy it on VHS. Seriously.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #20
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Well...fans WERE asking for it...When it should have been released in the FIRST place.

Why would I buy a season set if I already have them? I mean, someone is really going to pay that money to save maybe a few inches of space on your shelf?

C'mon now.
Okay. I'll give you that but they apparently didn't listen to those of us that wanted a blu-ray set. That's what I was getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2112 View Post
It is if they want my money. The show is broadcast in 1080i ... the blu-ray is 1080p which has even better picture quality than the broadcast. Why would I spend my money on something that will look terrible on my TV? They make the show in HD, put it out in HD... why is this so difficult a concept? And I don't want a downloaded iTunes/Amazon/Google file ... I want a physical copy.

Honestly, I don't know anyone that still has a SD TV and just a regular DVD player ... this isn't the 90s or the 2000s anymore, lol. Asking me to buy a DVD is like asking DVD lovers to buy it on VHS. Seriously.
Amen brother.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote