The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

The other thing is why not recast them with new actors since they're minor characters? It's not like kids are going to notice or care about a different voice for a random mutant.

They recasted Leonardo from Jason Biggs to Seth Green of all people, one of the major characters of the show with two high profile actors. So I'm sure they could recast some minor recurring characters like Newtralizer, Mutagen Man, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #62
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The other thing is why not recast them with new actors since they're minor characters? It's not like kids are going to notice or care about a different voice for a random mutant.

They recasted Leonardo from Jason Biggs to Seth Green of all people, one of the major characters of the show with two high profile actors. So I'm sure they could recast some minor recurring characters like Newtralizer, Mutagen Man, etc.
+

Nick dropping Jason Biggs as Leo was for a different situation.

Danny Trejo and Lewis Black are both high end celebrities and Nick can't add them to budget on a regular basis.

ROdger Craig Smith could possibly have broke contract with Nick and that's why they no longer use his character.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Danny Trejo and Lewis Black are both high end celebrities
No they're not.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #64
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No they're not.
Nah, but they're both probably EXPENSIVE celebrities.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #65
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
No they're not.
Lewis Black is an A-list comedian
Old 03-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #66
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know its a damn shame we didn't see monkey brains and rat king confront each other after Monkey Brains became more intelligent.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #67
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You know its a damn shame we didn't see monkey brains and rat king confront each other after Monkey Brains became more intelligent.
Written by Kenny Byerly:

Spoiler:

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Read the Nick comics.

They utilize some of the other characters more. We see Baxter and Spiderbitez team up in an issue, we see the Punk Frogs come to NY, another Muckman story, more Foot Clan fights, etc.

In my mind they are canon to the show and nobody can tell me otherwise.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #69
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

The comics raise the question then, what stopped them from using certain characters like Mutagen Man or Newtralizer and having stories that involved them, if they weren't gonna be used in the actual show? There'd be no problems with the VA's being available. Such a waste those comics turned out to be. They had the opportunity to fix on the show's mess-ups, and instead they just spat out boring story after boring story.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #70
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when Byerly stopped writing for it. They just wanted to to tell innocuous stories that didn't step on the toes of the show's continuity. It shined when they cut loose and didn't worry about that stuff though, like the Zodiac story, the current Batman crossover, etc.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

They were probably told the Nick comics couldn't contradict any important continuity of the show or do anything major with Shredder (he's left out of almost all the Nick comics but a few), so they couldn't go full Archie with them and do their own thing.

There's still some good stories in them, even if they're all essentially "filler" stories. As said the Rat King Vs. Monkey Brains issue is one of the best and was just like an episode of the show.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #72
Chris
Mad Scientist

I'd love them to be able to go full Archie next year once the show's over but sadly with the show ending the comic likely will as well. But it would be fantastic if they did a post show comic where they could really do anything they wanted and be the main narrative rather than just telling side stories (fun as some are)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'd love them to be able to go full Archie next year once the show's over but sadly with the show ending the comic likely will as well. But it would be fantastic if they did a post show comic where they could really do anything they wanted and be the main narrative rather than just telling side stories (fun as some are)
Doesn't look like the readership is there for that.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #74
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Yeah, it is a shame that they didn’t have Rat King and Rockwell meet up again in the show. That would’ve been an interesting meet up. Sucks Rat King wasn’t around more in general.

It still seems like the show is trying not to use too many of the characters that are featured heavily in the IDW comics…like the Mutanimals.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #75
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
It still seems like the show is trying not to use too many of the characters that are featured heavily in the IDW comics…like the Mutanimals.
I doubt that there would be any issues regarding the use of those characters. I mean, the IDW comics aren't mainstream and I can't imagine any negative affects from them both using the same characters at the same time. They've done it before in the past. They probably aren't using those characters because they forgot about them or serve no purpose for whatever stories they're trying to come up with.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I seriously doubt the IDW stuff is much on Ciro's team's radar beyond notes that get passed to theme from up above (i.e., Alopex).
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #77
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I seriously doubt the IDW stuff is much on Ciro's team's radar beyond notes that get passed to theme from up above (i.e., Alopex).
The Nick series started to faze out Pigeon Pete in favor of Mondo Gecko…a reimagined character from the past (Archie/OT). I know Nick used Pigeon Pete first and then IDW started using him, but it’s still weird. It’s like the two series on both sides don’t want to use certain characters a lot for their mediums since they're running concurrently. Like I said, it seems to be that way, not saying that it definitely is. Just speculation.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW and Nick use exactly the same characters, just not the new characters introduced for either series. So for example Old Hob won't appear in the Nick cartoon, and characters like Snakeweed, Fishface and Tiger Claw won't appear in IDW.

The only exception is Alopex so far, but she's practically a Ninjara expy anyway. Even moreso now since the Nick cartoon gave her brown fur like Ninjara instead of an Arctic white fox like the IDW version.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #79
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I also know Spiderbitez disappeared because of his VA too but nobody cares there because well...it's Spiderbitez.
I must be the only person in the fandom who actually liked that character. Then again, he was played by Lewis friggin Black!!! That guy's a comedy legend!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

A lot of the Nick mutants were just one and done monsters. The only exceptions were the ones who worked for Shredder like Tiger Claw, Fishface, and the old characters like Bebop/Rocksteady, Rahzar and Baxter Stockman.

Newtralizer had the most potential to be developed but he literally disappeared after Season 2 until now, at least we know he's in a Season 5 episode.