The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you accepted the probability?
Yes 50 50.51%
No 30 30.30%
In the process of it 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2016, 06:06 AM   #41
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's a good run. Season 3 (the horror-fest theme) being my favorite, along with Season 2's Invasion of the Squirrelanoids.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #42
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well there is/was The April O'neil files, which I guess never took off...
Yeah that was the one I was thinking of. So I guess it's not happening.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #43
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People just don't know they want. By the end of Season 5 the show will only have 124 total episodes. Even if you were to count Half-shell heroes that only adds another 2-4 episodes depending if the Christmas one comes out.

If the Nick cartoon is the shortest lived TMNT cartoon in history and can't even crack 150 episodes, then that spells doom for the future of the TMNT franchise.

We'll never get another long lasting show again. And you're all to blame.
Who that cares about quality gives a damn about how long the show is? You sound like Nickelodeon from about 10 years ago. "What? Why cancel SpongeBob even though all the best writers from it are leaving! It's gotta at least have 10 seasons and another movie!" Give it a rest. Would you rather have a show that is good all-around, Seasons 1-5, or have a good first 5 seasons, and a horrible run from there on?

It really does not matter how long the thing goes on, as long as it stays good. If you get what you want and the show goes on for another two seasons and they are god-awful, you only have yourself to blame.

The OT went on for 10 seasons, and about 5-6 of those seasons are garbage. The 2k3 series went for 7 seasons and 3 of them were garbage. If you haven't yet figured out that too much quantity can kill quality, then I'm very sorry for you.

You can either die Dave The Barbarian or live on to become SpongeBob.

(And, yeah, I've pretty much accepted a possible Season 5 end. I honestly think the show has already dropped in quality and feel my best memories with the show are behind me, so for me anyway, it's pretty easy for me to accept. 5 seasons is a good run anyway).
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
The OT went on for 10 seasons, and about 5-6 of those seasons are garbage. The 2k3 series went for 7 seasons and 3 of them were garbage. If you haven't yet figured out that too much quantity can kill quality, then I'm very sorry for you.).
And....that is all completely false. The original cartoon's quality varied from episode to episode, not season to season. And while the last two seasons of the 2k3 series were weaker, Fast Forward Forward still had great episodes, and BTTS had a few gems like, "The Engagement Ring," and "Hacking Stockman."

So no.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #45
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
And....that is all completely false. The original cartoon's quality varied from episode to episode, not season to season. And while the last two seasons of the 2k3 series were weaker, Fast Forward Forward still had great episodes, and BTTS had a few gems like, "The Engagement Ring," and "Hacking Stockman."

So no.
The red sky seasons were a huge quality drop and you know it
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #46
sdp
-

Even if I'm not very fond of this show I do want it to continue as long as it can even if I don't get to watch Cybercubed's meltdown that it didn't reach 150 episodes which is some odd number to go for. I do think things are not going well with the new movie bombing, apparent low sales of figures, at the end of the day ratings don't really matter. Before we used to get confirmation fairly quickly of the next seasons and now they seem to be stretching it, so yeah things don't look great but maybe they're just trying to figure out what to do with the franchise.

I'm hoping they decide to continue and yes that means another PD's movie, I mentioned this a few times but the Nick show was going to be linked to the movie and if it bombed it would hurt the Nick show/franchise in general but everyone has such sheep mentality that you want to hate on something just because it's cool but it was far from terrible even if it wasn't what you wanted to see.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #47
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

So no.
Bad seasons can still have a few good episodes. That doesn't mean the overall quality of the overall season in question is still a tremendous drop in quality.

I may hate on Fast Forward, but some of the episodes were decent and there were some good ideas. If it hadn't been a whole season but instead a condensed story arc akin to "Turtles in Space" or the Triceraton invasion (with much better writing), I'd have been okay with it.

"Bishop to Knight"
"Fly Me to the Moon"
"Milk Run"
"Head of State"
"DNA is Thicker Than Water"
"Zixxth Sense"

Those were all decent episodes. And I would have LOVED to see "Something Wicked" and "The Devil and Dr. Stockman".
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The red sky seasons were a huge quality drop and you know it
Season 8 is one of my favorite seasons, and most of Season 10 is good too. Season 9 is a bit of a mixed bag but its decent.

The worst parts of the original toon were the European Vacation episodes and some of the weaker rushed/random episodes scattered around Season 4. Season 3 only had 4 bad episodes to me, and Seasons 5-6 are fairly decent overall with only a few meh episodes.

I rewatch the original cartoon as a whole every 2-3 years or so, so the episodes are fresh on my mind.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #49
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The next show will be much more succesful is one of my henchmen is a blond beautiful ninja girl with glasses around 30 years old. Anyway as we said already many times from now until seaosn 5 ends we have at least 1-1,5 years!! That LOT of time for season 6 to be annnounceed. It can be annunced even one year from now! There is nothing to worry about.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #50
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The next show will be much more succesful is one of my henchmen is a blond beautiful ninja girl with glasses around 30 years old.
Man, she sounds way too old to be ninja-ing. And with glasses? C'mon Shredder, you can do better than this!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #51
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

If this show ends at season five, I'm fine with that as all shows have to have some sort of end. Sure, I'd love to see it continue if they feel there's more of a story to be told, but if the story ends at season five, then I've come to terms with that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

With Shredder as a mutant here, it's kinda going to the end. I mean either they defeat him as a mutant, or de-mutate him, but you kinda can't go back to regular Shredder after that. It might be heading to the end. And I'm ok with this.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:33 PM   #53
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I'm in the process of accepting the possibility of it. As of right now, the current season has an average of 1.51 million viewers and if the trend of the last few weeks are reversed for even a few weeks and stays close to that number then I think season 6 has a decent shot of happening. Also if you pay attention to the site that the ratings are posted from even last week's episode was above average(barely). Although I'm uncertain how accurate that color-coding scheme is...

However, if season 5 is the final season, I CAN be alright with that. 5 Seasons and 124 episodes is by no means a "failure." Most animated and live-action shows out there don't get anywhere close to that figure. Also, Turtlemania may not be quite as big as it was in the early 90's but until recently at least it was close to that. There is really only one thing that will make or break it for me as far as accepting it ending at season 5...A satisfying ending. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means or explain all the plot-holes in the show.

Also would really like confirmation of where the television franchise will go from there. I definitely would like a 4th series to be made within a couple years of the 2012 series ending. It can be either a show aimed at kids again, or an "adult" cartoon or something in between, I don't really mind. It would be nice though to share a current series with my son when he's old enough to remember such things.

Last edited by biganimefan; 09-10-2016 at 08:38 PM.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #54
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Gonna miss this show after it ends in 5 seasons. Me and my oldest child have been watching this together for years. Hopefully it doesn't end on a lame ninja tribunal arc.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #55
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Gonna miss this show after it ends in 5 seasons. Me and my oldest child have been watching this together for years. Hopefully it doesn't end on a lame ninja tribunal arc.
how is a ninja tribunal arc lame?
Old 09-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
how is a ninja tribunal arc lame?
The Turtles aren't anime characters that found their animality.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Ninja Tribunal arc was great.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #58
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Who knows what will happen. I still think they have many avenues they could travel and tell great stories. I'm not ok with it ending as of yet, as I truly enjoy what's going on right now.
I mean if it ends, I would love to see an IDW based cartoon and have them mirror many of the stories.
As far as the OT I felt like it varied in quality and continuity, but I still loved it til the end withe the red sky theme. To me fast forward was weaker but still entertaining. Let's just be happy with what's there, I mean as most of us here are die-hard tmnt fans ( I think...).
Old 09-10-2016, 09:53 PM   #59
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
I'm in the process of accepting the possibility of it. As of right now, the current season has an average of 1.51 million viewers and if the trend of the last few weeks are reversed for even a few weeks and stays close to that number then I think season 6 has a decent shot of happening. Also if you pay attention to the site that the ratings are posted from even last week's episode was above average(barely). Although I'm uncertain how accurate that color-coding scheme is...

However, if season 5 is the final season, I CAN be alright with that. 5 Seasons and 124 episodes is by no means a "failure." Most animated and live-action shows out there don't get anywhere close to that figure. Also, Turtlemania may not be quite as big as it was in the early 90's but until recently at least it was close to that. There is really only one thing that will make or break it for me as far as accepting it ending at season 5...A satisfying ending. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means or explain all the plot-holes in the show.

Also would really like confirmation of where the television franchise will go from there. I definitely would like a 4th series to be made within a couple years of the 2012 series ending. It can be either a show aimed at kids again, or an "adult" cartoon or something in between, I don't really mind. It would be nice though to share a current series with my son when he's old enough to remember such things.

I agree with you in regard to the children we have. I have an 8 year old girl who loves the show and now have a 6 month old son id love to share the passion with if the show get rebooted in the future or even continues for a few years. In my house as long as I am not at work we look forward to Sunday's To watch new episodes
Old 09-11-2016, 01:07 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm willing to bet after Season 5 this show will undergo a revamp for its last two seasons and go in a different direction, similar to Seasons 8-10 of the original cartoon or Fast Forward/BTTS of the 2k3 series.

Seems to be a tradition that TMNT cartoons go through overhauls/revamps in their final years, I bet it'll happen to this one too.

Tags
cybercucked, you're all to blame!