Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
But where did the neutrinos learn English
The first thing aliens learn when they arrive on Earth is to speak English, you should know this already.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Every show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The first thing aliens learn when they arrive on Earth is to speak English, you should know this already.
Yes, and it exists in almost every show.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Too bad the show was for kids. Mikey never got to so much as kiss Kala. In the later CBS episodes they hardly acknowledged each other at all.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #24
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

"Turtle Tracks" aside, this without a doubt my favorite episode of season 1. While the Neutrinos were never my favorite characters, the episode's uniformly sweet animation--the best in the series, even if "Turtle Tracks" has the better character models--helps it stand out. I also like the fact that the Rock Soldiers and Bebop and Rocksteady can't hit each other despite standing still at point-blank range, an achievement I don't think even Imperial Stormtroopers would achieve.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
I also like the fact that the Rock Soldiers and Bebop and Rocksteady can't hit each other despite standing still at point-blank range, an achievement I don't think even Imperial Stormtroopers would achieve.
It must be that their blasters weren't made for their large hands!

And, yes, this episode looked fantastic! I especially like the part where the turtles fly up to destroy the weather globe.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
rufus
Stone Warrior

And, yes, this episode looked fantastic! I especially like the part where the turtles fly up to destroy the weather globe.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite moments in the 5 part miniseries. Always loved the animation effects in that scene.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #27
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
Man the car they drove was awesome, I wish it would've gotten an official release as a toy.
Are you sure they dint I could of swore they did.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #28
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Agreed on the earlier posts about the Neutrinos seeming more important that they really end up being. I think they probably should have just used the car instead of the portal devices that blow out, and just give it rare fuel or whatever to keep it from being used constantly.

Interesting, the anime/manga kind of fleshes out the concept of the Neutrinos. The mutastones and Crys-mu are legendary Neutrino deals found in ancient Neutrino temples etc. Krang is seeking them out specifically, it seems to be his motivation to attack them. They even bothered to draw the rulers as they appeared in that baby episode.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Interesting, the anime/manga kind of fleshes out the concept of the Neutrinos. The mutastones and Crys-mu are legendary Neutrino deals found in ancient Neutrino temples etc. Krang is seeking them out specifically, it seems to be his motivation to attack them. They even bothered to draw the rulers as they appeared in that baby episode.
Hey, I like it, a convincing explanation for the MutaStones that not only fits with Fred Wolf continuity but actually illuminates the motivations of Krang and the Neutrinos!

View my sketch work!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Good stuff: Tragg and Granitor
Bad stuff: Kala, Dask, and Zak. Oh and also the Weather Maker Satellite...so totally seemed like a last minute addition.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #31
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I love watching this episode whenever I'm feeling nostalgic!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #32
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
I was just thinking... I wonder what the exact relationship the sacred Mutastones have to the retro-mutagen ooze. In Super Turtles #1, Krang says the mutastones are "mutagen in its purest, most concentrated form." Would it stand to reason that retro-mutagen ooze is a man-made concoction based on the properties of the mutastone, but obviously less pure and less concentrated?

The story possibilities for tying the Mutastones and mutagen were really interesting. If I was responsible for revamping the Old Toon universe, I'd definitely play on that undeveloped aspects. At least the Japanese deserve credit for digging deeper into the real secret of the ooze.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #33
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Honestly as we work on Super Turtles I'm really surprised at the detail sometimes because of the stuff like this. They must have watched quite a few episodes, or at least enough "major" ones to understand Dimension X and whatnot pretty well. I always bring up the Neutrino leaders because it really surprised me, as it means they watched at least somewhat up into season 4 before writing the issue, or at least were like "we need these people's leaders was that ever in an episode?" and looked it up. I wonder if they had a contact within the FW staff or had to just burn through them all themselves?

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #34
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I never thought much about the Neutrinos when I was a kid, and I guess it's due to the fact that I never remembered them being around much and remember them mostly because of their debut ep, but I had to have seen more because I remembered the whole Mikey/Kala thing. Go fig. I guess it's like how I am with Casey Jones for the OT series. I thought he was around a lot more than what I remembered.

As for this episode, I can't recall what I thought when seeing it as a kid, but watching it older, it sucks that we never got more backstory with them so that we could learn more about Krang in general and I also used to wonder as a kid why the Neutrinos just didn't stay with the Turtles since it's obviously more fun than living in Dimension X being hunted down by Rock Soldiers.

To me, the OT series failed in about three ways for me (looking back). Jokingly, not enough Casey Jones because he was just awesome to me as a kid and I still love the eps that featured him now.

Seriously, not enough on Shredder, Splinter, and Krang.

Why was Oroku Saki so obsessed with Hamato Yoshi to the point of following him to NY? He already got the guy banished from the country of Japan for trying to "kill" their "honorable sensei". (Am I the only one who laughed with the way that guy said "honorable sensei"? ) Saki wanting to go after Yoshi made sense in the comics (avenging the death of his older brother at the hands of Yoshi). For the OT series, it never did to me.

How did Shredder even meet Krang and start up their partnership? Why was this never explained in the series?

What was Krang like/doing before he even met Shredder and how was he banished from Dimension X? What actions of his led to his being banished? Did Shredder meet him because of his being banished?

Anywho, the OT series could've gotten into some of those things and could've even done so through the Neutrinos, Shreeka, etc.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #35
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Why was Oroku Saki so obsessed with Hamato Yoshi to the point of following him to NY? He already got the guy banished from the country of Japan for trying to "kill" their "honorable sensei". (Am I the only one who laughed with the way that guy said "honorable sensei"? )
It's possible Saki was worried Yoshi could find a way to prove that he framed him, hence why he kept an eye on him.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #36
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
It's possible Saki was worried Yoshi could find a way to prove that he framed him, hence why he kept an eye on him.
Okay, I'll go along with that. It's a plausible explanation, even though I honestly couldn't see how Yoshi could even prove his innocence with that one.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #37
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxonline View Post
Yeah, it seems weird that such unimportant characters would be introduced within the first five episodes unless they were supposed to play a greater role later on that didn't quite work out.
Didn't they appear in a bunch more episodes?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Didn't they appear in a bunch more episodes?
The Neutrinos return quite a bit throughout the show. Their final appearance is in Season 7, where Krang turns them against the turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #39
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Of the five episodes I really enjoyed "Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X", "The Dimension X Story", and "Attack of The Neutrinos". The other two were so-so. It was more so the plots that surrounded them than the trio themselves. I was reading a lot of dislike of the trio of Neutrinos so I thought I would bump up the thread and see how this episode and they are recieved. I don't love them like I do other characters but I enjoy them if the plot that surrounds them is good.

Do you think David Wise has something in mind as to how Shredder and Krang first met and began thier partnership? I have always wondered that. It would be nice if he had a contact on the web somewhere to ask just that.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #40
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Of the five episodes I really enjoyed "Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X", "The Dimension X Story", and "Attack of The Neutrinos". The other two were so-so. It was more so the plots that surrounded them than the trio themselves. I was reading a lot of dislike of the trio of Neutrinos so I thought I would bump up the thread and see how this episode and they are recieved. I don't love them like I do other characters but I enjoy them if the plot that surrounds them is good.

Do you think David Wise has something in mind as to how Shredder and Krang first met and began thier partnership? I have always wondered that. It would be nice if he had a contact on the web somewhere to ask just that.
I agree too. I never liked "The Grybyx" at all, and it was the only episode in the third season to feature the Neutrinos. "Hot Rodding" was the best.

I wonder how they partnered up too, or why, when Krang was banished to Earth, that they sent him in his heavily armed Technodrome as well? Not too bright! I guess Saki was spying on Yoshi in the sewers and was kidnapped by Krang. Saki begged for Krang's help and Krang gave him his armor, technologically enhanced Foot Soldiers and "experimental mutagen".

I also wonder why they never bothered to bring the Technodrome to the surface at all. Maybe Krang was waiting until he finally had a new body before doing so, then the Turtles interfered.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, fred wolf series