The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 02:07 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Lol and to add to this, Andrew, I don't use hair gel. If you seriously don't hear the difference in quality between vinyl and CD/mp3... well...
MP3? Of course, that is highly compressed audio (a little bit like the difference between streaming a 1080p movie vs. watching a 1080p movie on a blu-ray). CD? Now no, those are uncompressed WAVs. And I don't hear any difference, no.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #22
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
MP3? Of course, that is highly compressed audio (a little bit like the difference between streaming a 1080p movie vs. watching a 1080p movie on a blu-ray). CD? Now no, those are uncompressed WAVs. And I don't hear any difference, no.
An A/B comparison on a properly setup system, I probably wouldn't perceive a difference. Each medium has pros/cons. It pretty much comes down to preference-- much like digital/print comics.

For those strictly digital listeners, the leaked scores sound pretty awesome.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #23
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Looks like Donatello is sold out! ... or maybe just currently out of stock for a bit like Mikey and April were last week.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #24
DVD
Mad Scientist

My order for Leo edition seems to be fine.
And they ship directly to China for $14 - excellent rate.
Looking forward to this.
I’ve had the soundtracks for ever, so it’ll be great to have the score, and on vinyl !!!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:10 PM   #25
TurtleToys
Random Punk

I saw Kevin Eastman was offering them signed on the website but they’re all sold out. Thanks for posting this so I can still get one.
TurtleToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #26
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I got one off Kevin's site luckily before they sold out, but now seeing they come in all these other colors the OCD completionist in me wants one of each...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #27
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
And I don't hear any difference, no.
If you're able, take a listen to the Beatles on vinyl and then the "current" iTunes/Apple file of the same album or track. Maybe it's cause I'm a musician but I hear the difference clear as day. Of course, the medium in which you listen is a factor. It's hard to explain, but I suppose it's that the vinyl sounds live, warmer, more organic, and obviously less compressed. Almost like you can hear the layers of instruments and tracks being blended rather than rolling them all up to one volume level and track as is the case in the Apple files.

If you prefer a more up to date example, try the same thing with Tame Impala or the Decemberists.

Looks like Donnie's sold out, yup. Glad I got mine when I did.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
If you're able, take a listen to the Beatles on vinyl and then the "current" iTunes/Apple file of the same album or track. Maybe it's cause I'm a musician but I hear the difference clear as day.
I'm pretty sure the iTunes/Apple file (not that I would ever use an Apple platform) is going to be sourced from an .MP3. Which is heavily compressed. CDs are .WAV and uncompressed and if I were to listen to a .WAV ripped from a Beatles CD against a vinyl version played on the same sound system no, I don't believe I would hear any difference.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:29 PM   #29
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If you prefer a more up to date example, try the same thing with Tame Impala or the Decemberists.
Tame Impala's "Currents" is one of my favorite records I own!
Old 10-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #30
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the iTunes/Apple file (not that I would ever use an Apple platform) is going to be sourced from an .MP3. Which is heavily compressed. CDs are .WAV and uncompressed and if I were to listen to a .WAV ripped from a Beatles CD against a vinyl version played on the same sound system no, I don't believe I would hear any difference.
I'm not going to say "well, yer wrong!" haha, everyone hears music differently, especially when it comes to vinyl vs. mp3 or vinyl vs. WAV. I hear the difference, but maybe you wouldn't. It's all about preference anyway. I prefer the sound on vinyl overall. I also like the sound of the needle on the vinyl. All adds to the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Tame Impala's "Currents" is one of my favorite records I own!
Right?! Brilliant album. Kevin Parker sounds like John Lennon reincarnated. He is so damn talented. Definitely my favorite band at the moment.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #31
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If you're able, take a listen to the Beatles on vinyl and then the "current" iTunes/Apple file of the same album or track.
Beatles on vinyl has a wiiiiiiide variety of quality. I can't remember the exact details of the story, but I believe the early Capitol Records pressings of Beatles records were from sub-par master tapes and didn't sound nearly as good as the UK Parlophone vinyl. The track listings were completely different in the UK releases, too. Of course, you also have the really funky stereo mastering on later Apple records. The quality difference from pressing to pressing is a really interesting rabbit hole to dive down.

I have a few of the recent Parlophone reissues and they sound faaaaantastic!

I'm currently spinning Discovery by Daft Punk. Time to refill the wine and throw on the second record.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #32
fellowcello
Mouser

If anyone else was wondering- I messaged WaxWork and I have confirmation that no download code/similar will come with this.
Kind of figured, but I was really hoping.
fellowcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:00 AM   #33
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I'm currently spinning Discovery by Daft Punk. Time to refill the wine and throw on the second record.
Yes! A fantastic album. "Random Access Memories" by them sounds great on wax too.

Looks like Michelangelo is sold out now too! Hopefully these are still shipping out this week.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #34
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Anyone get their orders shipped yet? I reached out to Waxwork on Twitter and they wrote "They started shipping yesterday. Very many orders to power through, but we anticipate to have all of them out the door by the end of next week."

Looks like they changed the shipping date on the page to 11/3/2018 though.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #35
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The email popped up early this afternoon!

Current mood-- 9.95
Old 11-02-2018, 01:33 AM   #36
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

and everyone says Leo is the most popular. almost everyone sells out but he still available

no email for me

Last edited by go_ninja84; 11-02-2018 at 01:44 AM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:02 AM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Who says that? I've been watching since 1988 and I've never heard anyone claim that Leo is the most popular. It's always Mikey or Raph, depending.

I mean, Leo has fans, obviously. Individually, he's some people's favorite; Collectively, though? Nah. In recent years I'd argue even Donnie may be more popular.

Drives me nuts sometimes, but whattyagonnado?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #38
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

I only skimmed a few of the leaked tracks, so I'm hearing this thing mostly fresh. It sounds incredible...

Old 11-06-2018, 05:55 AM   #39
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Who says that? I've been watching since 1988 and I've never heard anyone claim that Leo is the most popular. It's always Mikey or Raph, depending.
i believe Playmates made that statement. although i hear alot of people claim Raph or Mikey are their favorite

Leo is mine
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #40
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

That photo looks amazing! I'm a little sad that I haven't gotten any shipping notifications yet. I wrote to Waxwork on Twitter and they said they were expecting to have all of them out of the door by end of this week ... but still - the anticipation is killing me!