The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
When you fill out all those forms at the Doctor's office, then tell the nurse about whatever's wrong as she writes it down and gives it to the Dr. Then the Dr. asks "So whats the problem" when he comes in. WTF, didnt you read that stuff??
This, all the time.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Any personal question my sister asks me. Uh, it's none of your business what I do. Worry about yourself.

Also, when my BF gave me my promise ring, people kept asking if it was an engagement ring. Uh, don't those usually go on the left hand? I wear my promise ring on the right. And that's why I never wear it anymore except when I spend time with my BF. It always bugs me when people ask about it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Any personal question my sister asks me. Uh, it's none of your business what I do. Worry about yourself.
You can't be serious. You are always going on about how you're going to disown members of your family because they're making decisions you don't agree with. You are all up in their business.

Hypocrite.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

School related:

you aren't done with school yet? How much longer is this going to take?

You're how old and you still haven't got your BA yet?

Do you feel you've wasted your twenties trying to finish school when others your age were done years ago?

age related:

wow, you're going to be 29 this year? The last year in your twenties? are you freaking out yet?

Your this old and you aren't married yet or have any kids?

sexualaty related:

This bisexual thing is just a phase, right?

which do your prefere more women or men? Since I'm a girl does that mean you have the hots for me?

how many partners have you had? How many were men and how were women? (if you we aren't in a relationship there no need for you to know...)

if you're bi, does that mean you have threesomes and orgies all the time?

Last edited by NameGoesHere1066; 04-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #25
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
You can't be serious. You are always going on about how you're going to disown members of your family because they're making decisions you don't agree with. You are all up in their business.

Hypocrite.
Do you live to upset people and point out their faults?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, so? If someone's being dumb and hypocritical, I'm going to point out.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #27
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post

sexuality related:

This bisexual thing, is just a phase, right?

How many partners have you had? How many were men and how were women? (if you we aren't in a relationship there's no need for you to know...)

If you're bi, does that mean you have threesomes and orgies all the time?
This reminds me how three people I know always thought that bisexual people date both sexes at the same time, or always just simply hook up with both sexes at the same time. I had to set them straight and tell them that that's not what bisexuality generally entails, although I don't doubt there are some who do practice such things. Besides, there are bisexual people who would only date people of just one sex even if they might be attracted to people of the other sex.

As for me, I remember being asked every now and then if I was a virgin or not. I never understood why though. Shame on me for never thinking of asking why, although I did find it rather insulting.

I also hate when I'm in a store and I get asked if I work there. I might sometimes be in a store wearing my work clothes since I'm in a store on my lunch break, or after I've left work. So I look nice. Even so, people really ought to take the time to see if what I'm wearing even matches the attire of the employees there. When you come right down to it, they should even check to see if I'm at least wearing a NAME TAG. It really isn't all that hard to tell who works at the store and who doesn't.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I also hate when I'm in a store and I get asked if I work there. I might sometimes be in a store wearing my work clothes since I'm in a store on my lunch break, or after I've left work. So I look nice. Even so, people really ought to take the time to see if what I'm wearing even matches the attire of the employees there. When you come right down to it, they should even check to see if I'm at least wearing a NAME TAG. It really isn't all that hard to tell who works at the store and who doesn't.
Ha! Hell, I've been asked that question simply wearing jeans and a T. Maybe we just look like we know what we're doing! (Generally I do: get stuff on list, briefly admire electronics, peruse for new Turtle stuff, get out.)
Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #29
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

(at Storm Eagle's virgin question)^^Reminds me of this one guy I knew who'd ask around and see if a woman was a virgin just to um... deflower them? Or at least attempt to. Total creep that guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
School related:

you aren't done with school yet? How much longer is this going to take?

You're how old and you still haven't got your BA yet?

Do you feel you've wasted your twenties trying to finish school when others your age were done years ago?
I hate these as well. All power to you for continuing education. What's it to them right
Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #30
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Ha! Hell, I've been asked that question simply wearing jeans and a T. Maybe we just look like we know what we're doing! (Generally I do: get stuff on list, briefly admire electronics, peruse for new Turtle stuff, get out.)
I've been asked that when wearing civilian clothes as well. That's the worst, especially in a store where the employees have a dress code. I believe Wal-Mart is one of those stores where they dress casually, except they have to wear vests with a name tag on them. I was at a Wal-Mart once, and I was just walking, and with nothing in my hands, and I get asked if I work there. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
(at Storm Eagle's virgin question)^^Reminds me of this one guy I knew who'd ask around and see if a woman was a virgin just to um... deflower them? Or at least attempt to. Total creep that guy.
That reminds me of how one guy asked me if I was a virgin, and I asked him "what if I am? Did you want to take it away from me?". Then he goes, "then that means you're not one". Though most of the time, I'd just tell people that it's private. There have been times back then where I've answered "yes" although I don't know why I did. At least I made a girl's day when I did so one time. She told me that she never thought any guy would admit to being a virgin.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #31
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
I've been asked that when wearing civilian clothes as well. That's the worst, especially in a store where the employees have a dress code. I believe Wal-Mart is one of those stores where they dress casually, except they have to wear vests with a name tag on them. I was at a Wal-Mart once, and I was just walking, and with nothing in my hands, and I get asked if I work there. Ugh.
Ditto

And oddly, I've also been asked about being a virgin (seems weird that a guy can be a "virgin"; ah, etymology), and my answer depended on my mood.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #32
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

"Is there a man around?"
I work in a fairly male dominated business and have done for a long time, I know as much as the men about what I'm selling and i'm good at my job but both male and female customers will often wait to deal with a male co worker as they assume I won't know what they're on about. I've got used to it over the years but that question still irks me.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #33
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Ditto
If anyone ever asks me "do you work here?" again, I'll just tell them "if I did, I imagine I'd be in big trouble right now". They'll probably ask me why I'd say that, and I'd tell them it's because I ought to be wearing the uniform, or even a name tag. That'll show 'em.

I was at a Best Buy once on my lunch break, trying out one of the video games they had on display. Some woman tries to ask me a a question and I had to tell her that I don't work there. Let's say I did though. I'm pretty sure my supervisor wouldn't appreciate seeing me playing video games when I could and should be out and around trying to help customers.

Now that reminds me of another one. I'm in stores and I get asked by employees if I need help. It makes me think that I might get followed around or something, and that I could get accused of trying to steal. That actually happened to me one time and I had to file a complaint. I did that with the manager, AND the district manager.

I've never been asked this, but I wonder how I'd handle it if a significant other asked me "does this [insert article of clothing] make me look fat?". Seriously though, the only thing about you that would make you look fat, is your fat itself, provided you do have any on you. At least that wouldn't be such a big deal to me though, since some extra padding isn't a deal breaker for me.

I don't mind if I'm asked if I've got a girlfriend, or if I've got kids, but what I do mind, is when I'm asked why.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #34
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

I hate it when people ask me "Do you have a girlfriend?" I'm almost 16... I don't need one.

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #35
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
I hate it when people ask me "Do you have a girlfriend?" I'm almost 16... I don't need one.
I envy you for having that mindset at your age. I sure wish I did when I was a teenager.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #36
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't say there's a particular question I hate/dislike, it all depends on the intention behind the questioning.

...And that makes a world of difference on whether it's worth responding to, because it immediately tells me if the questioner is going to be genuinely receptive and/or respectful of what I'm saying.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 04-07-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #37
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I envy you for having that mindset at your age. I sure wish I did when I was a teenager.
Yea, I guess that being homeschooled has it's advantiges...

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

Old 04-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #38
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

*insert a South Park reference*

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #39
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I wouldn't say there's a particular question I hate/dislike, it all depends on the intention behind the questioning.
Of course. I've been asked by quite a lot of people about whether or not I was a virgin, so frequency of it made it sound as though these people were trying to tell me something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Yea, I guess that being homeschooled has it's advantages...
You could be right. I wasn't homeschooled, but I just wish I could have been one of those people who went about high school (and even junior high) not really caring so much about just how much I might appeal to the opposite sex. If I want to ask girls out, or even just socialize with girls, it should be because I want to, and not because I feel an obligation to, just because they're there.

That being said, I might bring up how I was asked why I didn't talk to girls, when there were a couple of other guys in the school who never really went out of their way to talk to girls and nobody seemed to wonder about them. I, on the other hand, did talk to girls, even if I wasn't trying to get into their pants or anything.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #40
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You could be right. I wasn't homeschooled, but I just wish I could have been one of those people who went about high school (and even junior high) not really caring so much about just how much I might appeal to the opposite sex. If I want to ask girls out, or even just socialize with girls, it should be because I want to, and not because I feel an obligation to, just because they're there.

That being said, I might bring up how I was asked why I didn't talk to girls, when there were a couple of other guys in the school who never really went out of their way to talk to girls and nobody seemed to wonder about them. I, on the other hand, did talk to girls, even if I wasn't trying to get into their pants or anything.
Yea, I can talk to girls... not for very long though.... For some reason I appeal to a younger crowd (ages 1-13) And get along with older people (anyone older then 20) I don't mean to offend anyone but most people my age are jerks.