The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Owari
Splinter's dead but it's still not the end of him. 16 27.12%
The Turtles are going through their teenage goth phase. 6 10.17%
Fishface being dirty when he said "I'll give you bass to mouth". 14 23.73%
So is Baxter going to become a cyborg next season. 4 6.78%
So who's ready for season 5. 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #81
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Add the poll Vicky now that the episode has already been aired It was really a good ending
I will after the Pacific side airs the episode.

Too be honest, i'm having trouble what to put.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #82
asfaloth12
Thug

This may become one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

I loved how all of the turtles worked together to bring Shredder down. They have really grown strong, especially when you compare this fight scene to their first Shredder fight in The Gauntlet. Leo got the final blow (which seemed appropriate to me, seeing how Shredder beat him into a three-month coma at the end of Season 2), but all of the turtles got some good hits in (Go Raph!!) and I really felt that they were all essential in that final fight. Loved that one part with glowing!Mikey as well.

A few other things that were awesome
--Loved the way they did the funeral scene and that scene between Splinter and Leo. For some reason, I really liked the way Leo's eyes turned white at the end of that scene.
--Great music during the scene when they were getting their weapons ready and preparing to face Shredder.

Great episode overall!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #83
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Vicky its "you're", seriously how can someone in her mid 30s messed that up.
Don't be a dick, dude. It's one thing to be a grammar nazi, but Vicky is one of the nicest people here. And you're no master with the keyboard, yourself.

Quote:
Also in
Broken Foot- Vengeance is bad and you should't be attacking the enemies empire when he is at his weakest

But in
Owari- Vengeance is good and you should attack the enemy when he's basically a ghetto version of doomsday and when he has all his crap in one area.
In Broken Foot, the message was to not kick the hornet's nest.

In Owari, the message was to kill the roided out homicidal maniac before he kills you.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #84
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Don't be a dick, dude. It's one thing to be a grammar nazi, but Vicky is one of the nicest people here. And you're no master with the keyboard, yourself.

In Broken Foot, the message was to not kick the hornet's nest.

In Owari, the message was to kill the roided out homicidal maniac before he kills you.
Ehh, she tried to call me an idiot a while back.

Also what hornet's nest, at that point in the series we already learned Shredder was willing to sacrifice the world to kill Splinter so Karai attacking his empire would't make the situation any worse. Also doesn't it make more since to kill the maniac when he is bedridden instead when he turns into dime store Hulk.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #85
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Too be honest, i'm having trouble what to put.
You could say something about the Mirage line "The Shredder has been shredded" as a joke as one.

Or maybe a Splinter is God joke? Lots of options.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #86
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

So Stockman's back into human again?

Will he end up going cyborg or perhaps to the supernatural route.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #87
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Also what hornet's nest, at that point in the series we already learned Shredder was willing to sacrifice the world to kill Splinter so Karai attacking his empire would't make the situation any worse. Also doesn't it make more since to kill the maniac when he is bedridden instead when he turns into dime store Hulk.
I think Splinter knew how badly he injured him, especially when he disappeared for months.

Plus all Karai was doing was messing with his operations and pissing him off. Perhaps he was being positive and hoping he'd just stay away. I doubt he would have guessed Shredder would have mutated himself.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #88
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think Splinter knew how badly he injured him, especially when he disappeared for months.

Plus all Karai was doing was messing with his operations and pissing him off. Perhaps he was being positive and hoping he'd just stay away. I doubt he would have guessed Shredder would have mutated himself.
With all do respect nines, Shredder is always pissed off and at least with Karai messing with his operation damaged his empire as a result. Another thing is that this is the same guy who wanted a mutant army, is responsible for turning half of his enforcers into mutants, allied with an alien species that wanted the extinction of mankind and turned the daughter of Tang Shen(the woman he loved) into a Tyke Bomb. I don't see a type of man like that staying away after his mortal enemy crippled him.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #89
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Alright, I take it back about the funeral... nicely done, if brief. Apparently the first airing started a tad early for me, making me miss seeing that anyone else but the Turtles was even there.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #90
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ciro posted this today.

Maybe the DVD will let them use this version?
Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #91
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Ciro posted this today.

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/w...226-123013.png

Niiiice.... So my "off with his head" wish last week was intended to come true. No wonder it seemed less brutal compared to Splinter's death.

I dunno, they could have at least shown the sword slice through (in a very quick "blink and you'll miss it" way) if not the separation.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #92
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Ciro posted this today.

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/w...226-123013.png

We can see there was a censure between Ciro's picture and the scene aired on Nick:
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #93
ToTheNines
[sic]

The aired version at least allowed more blood on Leo's sword than Ciro's take originally had.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #94
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'll confess I was a little let down on the classic beheading sequence. I understand the censorship issue, but it was still more confusing than it needed to be. Leo holds up Shredder's... face?... helmet? I thought the mutagen just molded that face plate to his bones or something? So did Leo have time to clean and gut the mask after winning? I still think the 4Kids Season 1 did the Mirage homage better, but I give Nick credit as this probably was a human death as opposed to a robot shell losing its head.

Also, maybe I missed it, but I didn't follow that Raph and Mikey both fell off the building. I just thought they were knocked out somewhere on the roof until they were suddenly at ground level.

Now I'm really curious as to the limits of Retro-Mutagen. When Kirby O'Neil was a mutant bat, Donatello cooked up a decent amount of Retro-Ooze, but all Kirby needed was a little taste on the tongue to fully restore his humanity. Super Shredder gets hit in the heart with a full bottle and no effect? Maybe it was Baxter's ingenuity at work?

Speaking of Baxter, who knew he had the capacity to make Retro-Mutagen the whole time? Has he ever hinted that he knew how to reverse mutations? You would think Shredder would have tried to utilize that against the Turtles. Ah, vengeance clouds the judgment, I guess.

The opening scene was so well done with the time lapse over the grave as the various folks gradually leave until the turtles alone remained. I was surprised that neither the Mutanimals nor Shinigami offered to help with the final battle. I guess they had already had their pride busted.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah Super Shredder was given extra mutagen formula and injections by Baxter in the last few episodes, it obviously made him immune to retro mutagen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #96
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Wink

It's been a long ride from that

to this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.9 KB, 10 views)

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #97
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

"I've had enough of you, you metal freak!"

God I loved Raph in this episode.

I figured the hype would die down after a couple hours, but no, I've been giddy ever since I saw this episode. I don't blame myself though, this was a damn good one, just like last week. I always got a kick out of the iconic Leo/Shredder shot, and I like that Ciro's representation of it got to shine. Casey's mask is, with lack of a better word, bada$$. The only thing I was a little iffy on was, like others have mentioned, Baxter's desire to remain a fly. I thought that was a strange choice for his character, but this will most likely lead to an interesting plot in Season 5, so it really is more of a minor gripe.

I can not wait to see what this show does next. I haven't felt this excited about this show in a long time, and I'm really happy about it. Bring on Season 5!

Last edited by Aaronardo; 02-26-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #98
ToTheNines
[sic]

@winters While his armor mutated with him and became a fixed part of his person, the mask wasn't necessarily grafted to his skin. So his head just fell out when Leo picked up the helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah Super Shredder was given extra mutagen formula and injections by Baxter in the last few episodes, it obviously made him immune to retro mutagen.
I like to believe that Don's retromutagen weakened him enough to allow Leo the death blow.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #99
cryan
Stone Warrior

I can see Splinter being similar to Obi-wan. I do wish there was a scene where April told about her first meeting Splinter they never showed that at the beginning.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #100
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I CANNOT BELIEVE they got away with that 'bass to mouth" joke from Xever.
Right? I had to go back and make sure I heard that correctly.