The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #1061
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
Well, that wasn't very nice of him...oh well. He makes MGS games.
And for that...he must be punished. Hiya!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #1062
Super Moderator

Shut up, you!

Kojima is a psycho. Literally. He must be legally insane, because those games are so whacked ass, sometimes I don't even know what the hell he's trying to show me. You can't fault him for that. But then again, what the hell am I trying to prove in the Nintendo discussion thread...
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #1063
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I don't dislike Metal Gear. I think it's flawed in some ways, but so is Mario Sunshine. I just don't like him for those comments. Meh, old junk anyway.

Here's something new.

Nintendo Files For Trademark

April 12, 2005

by: Matt Saunderson

Nintendo has filed for a trademark of the title of an NES/SNES classic.
Nintendo of America on April 1st, 2005 filed for a trademark for the term "PUNCH-OUT!!", which you may recall is the name of a NES/SNES videogame featuring Little Mac, who most recently appeared in EA’s Fight Night Round 2.

Given the date of registration, we double-checked to ensure that this was not a joke. You can see our confirmation from the United States Trademark and Patent Office in this image capture of their search result page.

While nothing has been confirmed, it is possible that Nintendo is planning another Punch-Out!! game. Alternatively, the Nintendo could simply be renewing its trademark to protect its rights.

source: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

People, the king of brawlers is coming back

I thought there had to be more to the reason Ninty would let EA use Little Mac.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:47 PM   #1064
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Really, Ai, take it somewhere else. I've been good, TMB's been good... so cram it already.

The interview

And for the record on whacked out stuff... Tim Burton does more then Kojima could hope to do, and actually makes full use of his medium. Kojima should just get a job with Pixar, or Dreamworks, if he's interested in making computer animated movies. Videogames are GAMES, you PLAY them, you don't WATCH them.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:49 PM   #1065
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
I don't dislike Metal Gear. I think it's flawed in some ways, but so is Mario Sunshine. I just don't like him for those comments. Meh, old junk anyway.

Here's something new.

Nintendo Files For Trademark

April 12, 2005

by: Matt Saunderson

Nintendo has filed for a trademark of the title of an NES/SNES classic.
Nintendo of America on April 1st, 2005 filed for a trademark for the term "PUNCH-OUT!!", which you may recall is the name of a NES/SNES videogame featuring Little Mac, who most recently appeared in EA’s Fight Night Round 2.

Given the date of registration, we double-checked to ensure that this was not a joke. You can see our confirmation from the United States Trademark and Patent Office in this image capture of their search result page.

While nothing has been confirmed, it is possible that Nintendo is planning another Punch-Out!! game. Alternatively, the Nintendo could simply be renewing its trademark to protect its rights.

source: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

People, the king of brawlers is coming back

I thought there had to be more to the reason Ninty would let EA use Little Mac.
Looks like Nintendo really is planning on making their own sports line. Here's hoping the games are worth playing...
Old 04-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #1066
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Freaky, you were just talking aboyt that

"So it shall be written, so it shall be announced at E3" I hope.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #1067
Peanut
Second Gear

I'd rather Nintendo focused on getting more than two or three AAA titles out a year, rather than a new sports line. Let EA and the like take care of that.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #1068
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

They're expanding their capacity for that reason. They always get two or three AAA titles out a year, but that's their problem. They never got much else. Now they're getting more developers in house to cover more games a year. You gotta appeal to other people's likes too. Besides, a Nintendo sports line could be fun and how long has it been since a "good" Boxing game came out. Gimme Punch Out.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:48 PM   #1069
Peanut
Second Gear

The recent Fight Night is the most amazing boxing game ever created. Ever. A new Punch Out would have a lot to do to compete with it.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #1070
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Does it play like an arcade game, or a sim?

Maybe NIntendo outta brand all their sports games? You know, like Sega Sports of old? Mario Kart can be the racer series, Pennet Chase = baseball franchise, and then there's that football RPG sim they're working on.

Nintendo could provide some really inteeresting alternitives to conventional sports games if they grouped them properly especially with EA making everything so damn standardized.

Oh yeah, and before i forget.

Hideo Kojima: There are two types of games. The first type is games as toys (play things)--the Nintendo way of thinking. The second type is games in which you assume the role of a character who is not you and experience the life of that character virtually. When trying to assume the role of a character, you need a setting. It does not necessarily have to be a storyline. You need a minimum setting to become that character.

I guess this guy's never played Zelda. Metal Gear's a great game, but comm'on, talk about an ego.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:06 AM   #1071
Peanut
Second Gear

It's a mix. Like most EA sports games. They have some sim but with an arcady (word?) control scheme. Sega's 2K series was really the best of the best in terms of sports sims (which is why I liked NHL2K over EA's NHL franchise). EA has a lot more of an arcade style.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #1072
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I read this idea on Advanced Media's message board and found it damn cool. Read on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff K-DSA
Well or the DS.

Follow this idea I discussed with someone before.

If you recall there were originally 2 Punch-Out arcade games. On the TOP screen you had your points, 2 banners with the characters/name, life bars, round+time left, and other gunk. The lower was your combat area and open to you were all the general shots you would remember from the NES/SNES games more or less.

What if using the split screen DS you could re-create that visualization, but using the panel you could have a new way to box. Using the stylus or the nub you could tap the screen on the enemy where you'd like to hit the dude (high/low left/right) or slash for an uppercut or power shot? Of course the old style with the buttons could be there too as to not force someone to hate it if they can't get used to it. Also then have WiFi net and local NLAN support to battle buddies. That could be some serious fun. Bring back the 3round 3min fight fun on the go!
Can you imagine how much fun a portable, online, touch screen enables punch out could be? Total blast material here people.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #1073
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

That'd be fun...

Really, we've only seen ONE game from the Tokyo studio... you know they had more going on there then just Jungle Beat.... Retro's been rumored to have a secondary project to the Metroid games going on constantly, Nintendo's been sucking up new workers like a hoover.

Also, my DS hand should be here by Friday . Touching is Good. Free hands are better.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:56 PM   #1074
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
Looks like Nintendo really is planning on making their own sports line. Here's hoping the games are worth playing...
You know you want to play Mario Punch Out!! Who doesnt want to land one right on Luigi's fat nose? Maybe give Peach a good going over too
Old 04-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #1075
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
That'd be fun...

Really, we've only seen ONE game from the Tokyo studio... you know they had more going on there then just Jungle Beat.... Retro's been rumored to have a secondary project to the Metroid games going on constantly, Nintendo's been sucking up new workers like a hoover.

Also, my DS hand should be here by Friday . Touching is Good. Free hands are better.
What in the world is a DS hand?
Old 04-14-2005, 01:10 AM   #1076
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

www.touchingisgood.com

Nintendo's giving away free manaquin (it's late, i can't be bothered look spell properly) hands for a DS promotion. I'm doing it 'cause, hey, it's a free thing that's kinda out there. I'm even gonna enter in the contest, once I get something decent cooked up... hehehe.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:12 AM   #1077
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
You know you want to play Mario Punch Out!! Who doesnt want to land one right on Luigi's fat nose? Maybe give Peach a good going over too
Lol, you DO know that Punch Out!! is it's own series, right? (with mario refing though, lol).

Also, another reason they might have done that is because of EA. EA has ****** buisness ethics, and I could see them trying to get a known franchise strangled away from Nintendo. I'ts very possible Ninty's just protecting the goods.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:15 AM   #1078
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Very true. Never thought about that. Still, I'm gonna hope for the best.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #1079
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Yeah, I know I shouldn't double post, but whatever.

Okay, it might not seem like much, and you may not have even known what happened, but I just finshed watching the last episode of F-Zero Falcon Densetsu (Legend of Falcon) that I imported. Needless to say I'm depressed. I knew I'd be depressed when the ending came, but then I realized, "What the hell am I thinking? It's F-Zero. The games will continue the story". And of course, they will. There's rumors of one to be unveiled at E3 for the next year. But that dosen't matter. What matters is the anime is cannon. And the ending

PISSED ME THE FU*K OFF.

The main plot of the anime came from Nintendo, and seeing as they approved the script as cannon I'm royally PISSED at them too. I'll be like this for awhile. If you want to know what happened PM me, or not. I don't care. Actually, it may have affected me a little more than most due to personal reasons. I'm just Pissed at Nintendo and E3 better be fu*king good to get me over it.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #1080
Super Moderator

Uh oh. TMB mad at Nintendo? That makes baby Jesus cry. Well, sorry to hear that. I had no idea they could pull something like that. Well, I will assure you E3 will not disappoint. We can make the thread soon, since it's on the horizon sort of.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote