The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #9821
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Ah, I didn't make that game, I just have a character in it.
Oh, ok. Still very neat to get to be a part of that.

Quote:
The NES game is 7 Grand Dad.
Oh man, that's a good one! With bootlegs and their variety in packaging and cart design (plus the fact that they like to trick people and rip them off) you never really know what your gonna get until you play it. But I suppose the big "VII" should've probably made it clear to me.

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 06-11-2017 at 01:52 PM.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #9822
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Picked up Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series and Wipeout: Omega Collection yesterday.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #9823
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Oh, ok. Still very neat to get to be a part of that.

Oh man, that's a good one! With bootlegs and their variety in packaging and cart design (plus the fact that they like to trick people and rip them off) you never really know what your gonna get until you play it. But I suppose the big "VII" should've probably made it clear to me.
It's a repro of a bootleg, technically. It's a Famicom cart normally and someone made an NES equivalent, using the original's label.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #9824
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Any of you notice how Microsoft is basically building their x box brand beyond consoles? They're definitely preparing for a console less future. I have to say I like it.

Thoughts on the Atari console? They're definitely not releasing something to compete against Sony/Microsoft, they'd get killed and they've been making Atari Flashback/Classic consoles for about ten years so it can't be that either. I'm guessing it's a midtier console that's meant to compete against the Switch. I doubt it'll be as expensive or as powerful but I do think they'll try to compete with it, I would guess a >$100 "console".

or atari branded gaming PCs.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #9825
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Any of you notice how Microsoft is basically building their x box brand beyond consoles? They're definitely preparing for a console less future. I have to say I like it.
In what way are they preparing for a consoleless future when they're trying to make their Xbox better and play all their games? Because they want to co-exist with Windows and expand the number of players playing their games? If anything, the Xbox One X proves that Microsoft knows that a significant amount of people would still rather play on a big screen TV than build a gaming PC.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #9826
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
In what way are they preparing for a consoleless future when they're trying to make their Xbox better and play all their games? Because they want to co-exist with Windows and expand the number of players playing their games? If anything, the Xbox One X proves that Microsoft knows that a significant amount of people would still rather play on a big screen TV than build a gaming PC.
yeah, they're co-existing with windows, working with Nintendo and others to have crossplatform be a thing, integrating X-Box live logins on everything (which is the reason Sony doesn't like it, Nintendo seems oblivious), X box on W10, releasing their games on Steam.

They realize playing games on a console that changes every few years is dying, I know it's not a popular idea to gamers so they say it's not happening, I like traditional consoles too.

Gamers said the same thing about digital only and look at how they were proven wrong. now don't go to extremes of "well we still have physical games" well of course and that won't change but that doesn't mean it's not happening, same thing, we are already seeing console sales not match last generations, it's not like in 5 years consoles will seize to exist and no, no one is going to build gaming PCs but the most hardcore just like now but less and less people will want to spend 300+ USD when you can get a similar experience from other devices.

Microsoft will continue making consoles until the end of course. They're now doing "upgrades", I believe console generations are pretty much done, especially when it comes to Xbox, they'll continue with new upgrades a la smartphones every 3 years or so and like smartphones eventually newer games will only be playable on certain hardware and no longer compatible with old ones, of course they'll likely change the name of the console before that, it's also the reason the backwards compatibility is kind of a big deal for them now.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #9827
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
we are already seeing console sales not match last generations
As usual you're wrong. Both the PS4 and XBox One are outpacing their predecessors. By the looks of it the Switch is far outpacing the Wii U as well. Take five seconds to look **** up before you make yourself sound stupid.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...all-bases.aspx

That was written in January of this year.

Last edited by Cure; 06-18-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #9828
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah the PS4 is already at 61 million consoles sold, and it only came out back in 2013. We're only 4 years into this generation, last generation lasted from 2005/2006 to 2013. I don't think this gen will last as long, but it's already outselling the last.

Wii-U also only sold 13 million consoles total. Switch will probably surpass that either by the end of the year or early next year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #9829
Powder
So tired of this place

Playing Super Princess Peach these days. Fun fun fun.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #9830
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
As usual you're wrong. Both the PS4 and XBox One are outpacing their predecessors. By the looks of it the Switch is far outpacing the Wii U as well. Take five seconds to look **** up before you make yourself sound stupid.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...all-bases.aspx

That was written in January of this year.
I would say I'm usually right, actually sans movie predictions of course.

Maybe my choice of words should've been different, regardless those numbers are all from SuperData and they made the blog rounds and that's how armchair CEOs in gaming forums are born. I mean they claim that PS4 will outsell the PS2, that ain't happening. Don't be naive, there are many other variables to sales, this time they don't have to compete against the Wii since both had a slow start. and the prices don't seem as expensive as they used to, those articles are not well researched and posted for quick hits for fanboys. Microsoft doesn't even release numbers to the public. Console sales also don't really equate to active users are which is a very important factor. Sony's numbers are also counting double dipping with the PS4 Pro as will the X-box One X, these console upgrades are only going to muddle things up more since they're inflating numbers of the actual userbase like Nintendo has done with handhelds. Console market share is shrinking whether you like it or not but have fun with your clickbait headlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Playing Super Princess Peach these days. Fun fun fun.
I regret not ever buying that game, it was so fun and a unique take on platforming. Too bad it didn't sell but I guess it seemed too girly for the average person.

I can only imagine the outrage that game would cause if it were released now "how dare Nintendo do this"
Old 06-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #9831
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

I regret not ever buying that game, it was so fun and a unique take on platforming. Too bad it didn't sell but I guess it seemed too girly for the average person.

I can only imagine the outrage that game would cause if it were released now "how dare Nintendo do this"
If I remember correctly the game pre-dates the New Super Mario Bros. series. It felt like a pretty big deal to have a new 2D Mario platformer, just starring Peach with powers, in a decade.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:18 PM   #9832
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
garbage
Haha, yeah, should have known. Just no reasoning with people like you. One can cite multiple sources at you and you still refute without citing anything, just saying stuff. How boring.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #9833
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Any Layton fans?

to promote the new game they made a website that has puzzles layton.world that lead up to the release of the game.

It's pretty awesome, one of my favorite franchises. Sad that the layton games haven't been ported elsewhere, the second movie didn't happen, layton 7 seems dead and layton brothers was left to die. But at least we have Lady Layton to look forward.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:02 AM   #9834
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Got a good deal today!
At my local thrift store I scored Sonic The Hedgehog for the Genesis for $5. It's in the case and it had the original inserts/directions (albeit fused together and hard as a rock). Cartridge sticker has some wear, but it's fine. It's also the 'Not For Resale' version which I always found amusing.

The only problem is that I don't have a Genesis yet.
At least this way when I do get one, I'll have one of the classics.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #9835
sdp
Megan Fox = April

5 dollars for Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis seems like a lot, but then again I know prices have really risen tremendously the past 8 years so who knows now. All the Sonic 1 games have the "not for resale" as far as I know. A used genesis wasn't that expensive ten years ago but again I don't now how much now but you could easily score one for 10 dollars back in the day.

Retro gaming became a very expensive hobby.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #9836
CyberCubed
Overlord

Finished Hitman: The Complete first season. It's amazing how different the stealth is in this game from say Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell. Hitman is more slow moving where you're just taking out one particular target and blending in, I had never played a Hitman game before.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #9837
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

At the flea market, I picked up Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the Nintendo DS and DBZ: The Legacy of Goku 2 for the Gameboy Advanced. Got them for $30, with $20 for the former and $10 for the latter.

I'll be playing them once I charge up my DS.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #9838
Markwyatt
Banned

Recently bought Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex and I'm currently playing Summoner 2.
Markwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #9839
Guile
Banned

I have been playing Smash Bros. on Wii U. I usually play as Cloud.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #9840
Powder
So tired of this place

I just played through the Satellaview 16bit remake of the NES LOZ game, aka BSX The Legend Of Zelda. I've actually never played through the original, so this was my first time. Bit of an unorthodox way to experience a classic, but I love obscure stuff like this & prefer its graphical style.

I had an absolute freakin' blast. It's both charming & "off" at the same time.

Pretty sure it shared some audio resources with Super Mario All-Stars, interestingly enough!

You can see an excerpt of it here:

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games