bushido
Stone Warrior

August 2019 Solicitations

BATMAN/ TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES III #4

Spoiler:

written by JAMES TYNION IV
art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
variant cover by KEVIN EASTMAN

Batman and the Turtles grapple with the laws of Krang’s combined universe, desperate to return their two worlds to their original states. But there are some who do not want things set right. In this reality, the Laughing Man runs the Smile Clan, the most dangerous criminal organization ever to strike New Gotham City—and that’s how he wants things to stay! He’ll kill anyone who gets in his way...even the Shredder!

ON SALE 08.07.19
$3.99 US | 4 OF 6 | 32 PAGES

IDW solicitations soon.

Last edited by bushido; 06-15-2019 at 06:42 AM.
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
even the Shredder!
I feel like I missed something.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #3
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

You didn't. This is issue 4. So far only issue 1 was released.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 05-21-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
AquaParade
Banned

I hope the Eastman variants are selling well. His art style really stands out among other books on the shelf today. And sure, he may have less raw, technical skill than a lot of other cover artists out there, but his work exudes an energy and charm that leave an impression.

Also, his layouts are killer.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:26 AM   #5
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #97

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Dave Wachter (a & c) • Kevin Eastman • Cory Smith

City at War, Part 5. With enemies victorious on all sides and allies in short supply, the TMNT are at their lowest point. Yet as the TMNT start to blame themselves, a greater threat looms ever closer…

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Rise of the TMNT: Sound Off! #2 (of 3)

Spoiler:

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Chad Thomas (a & c) • George Caltsoudas

The TMNT have been bested by their new sound-controlling enemies! Meanwhile, April struggles to cope with the unorthodox public speaking tips of Splinter!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TMNT: Urban Legends #16

Spoiler:

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c)

The Shredder returns—and he’s got Master Splinter! As Mikey, Donatello, and Leonardo mount a rescue mission, secrets are brought to light, and the true identity of their fabled enemy is revealed. Who could be behind the mask?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Last edited by AlZarkovski; 05-24-2019 at 04:26 AM.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #6
Igglet

Is it too early to say called it? Because BOOM, I CALLED IT. I'M NOT GETTING BANNED, BOYS.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

I don't remember if the name "New Gotham" was used in the first issue or not but it does bring up something, where is Old Gotham and how far is it from New Gotham?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Is it too early to say called it? Because BOOM, I CALLED IT. I'M NOT GETTING BANNED, BOYS.
uh... what
Old 05-24-2019, 11:34 AM   #9
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
uh... what
I'm just preemptively celebrating about the fact that, from the solicitations, it seems like Splinter's going to die, which sounds dark and depressing, especially since he's my favorite character. I made a bit of a bet with Redeemer that Splinter would die in #96. Of course, he could still stay alive, but this seems to heavily imply that he's biting the bullet, if you keep in mind the previous solicitations, as well as the fact that #97 is basically the start of the second half of the story arc.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #10
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
i think you are a little early to be celabrating
we will see though
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
i think you are a little early to be celabrating
we will see though
Victory is within my reach.

Sidenote, if I win, I demand to get the title of "Amazing Detective/Genius" so all know of my skills.

(or not, I'm in no position to make demands to be fair, I'm fine with bragging rights as well in all honesty.)

Back to the subject at hand, though, I feel like it's worth actually explaining my theory here to people who missed me ranting about it around a hundred time, and why I feel like the solicitations all but confirm it. Splinter dying at #96 has been my theory for a while because it's the end of the first half of the City at War storyline. It'd do a good job at raising the stakes and kicking off the second half, it'd very much put the Turtles in a spot where they'd be fighting a losing battle and it'd change the dynamic of the story heavily.

Now, other than pure speculation, is there anything that backs my theory? Indeed there is. First off, Splinter's presence in afterlife during Shredder in Hell, to me, seems to suggest that he does bite the dust. Of course, it doesn't HAVE to be #96, even though it makes the most sense in my opinion. However, I also feel like the solicitations really back me up here. #96, Splinter makes a huge gambit to win the war, risking everything for victory. #97, the TMNT are broken and pushed to their lowest, no mention of Splinter. Of course, this could very well simply mean that Karai's taken over the Foot Clan again, but it just fits too well.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:52 PM   #12
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't remember if the name "New Gotham" was used in the first issue or not but it does bring up something, where is Old Gotham and how far is it from New Gotham?
I've not read it yet but what I get from "New Gotham" and from the story, is that it's like that because it's a blend of New York and Gotham city, you know, like the 2 universes (TMNT and Batman) being blended in together and all that.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Don't think Splinter will die at all right now. For issue 100 it's possible, but I don't think before.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #14
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I hope the Eastman variants are selling well. His art style really stands out among other books on the shelf today. And sure, he may have less raw, technical skill than a lot of other cover artists out there, but his work exudes an energy and charm that leave an impression.

Also, his layouts are killer.
I agree. I more often that not prefer Eastman's covers - the vitality his art conveys is something else. That, and it naturally takes me back to how the original (TMNT) books looked like - and I will always prefer the original look, for good and for ill.

Having said that I have to stop myself buying every single bloody variant out there to sate the completest in me!
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote