The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #21
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
How come his clones had bubble walkers equipped with weapons anyway? Did Krang ever attack anyone with his bubble walker?
I don't know why Krang's clones had bubble walkers equipped with weapons either. That was kinda risky, even though he could control them. I don't think Krang ever did manage to attack anyone with his bubble walker, but he nearly did in "Cyber-Turtles" when April and Casey took back the Firestar.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:20 AM   #22
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The Android suit is definitely one of the weirdest things in all of pop culture's villains, but I think the Bubble Walker definitely looks cooler. I attribute the fact to how amazingly edgy the original toy packaging. It wasn't most toy lines that were bold enough to show the iconic heroes being tortured on the artwork of their own toyline.

God bless vintage Playmates!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #23
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The Android suit is definitely one of the weirdest things in all of pop culture's villains, but I think the Bubble Walker definitely looks cooler. I attribute the fact to how amazingly edgy the original toy packaging. It wasn't most toy lines that were bold enough to show the iconic heroes being tortured on the artwork of their own toyline.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...ps1qruwugq.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...psrkve72um.jpg

God bless vintage Playmates!
The bubble walker is pretty cool but the android body's weirdness is just too memorable. I really want to know what possessed the artist to make something like that. Where he wanted to draw a wrestler with boots and a red speedo, has a cone head, glasses and a tuning fork on his head. xD

I don't know why the android body never protected Krang fully since his stomach didn't have any protective glass, unlike his bubble walker. So anyone could hit the android body's stomach and take out Krang easily or pull him out, like Karai did in Turtles Forever. So strangely his android body is more powerful but his bubble walker provided more protection. Not to mention he gave his clones weapons on their bubble walkers, yet he himself never had weapons? I mean the bubble walkers the clones had were REALLY dangerous as they managed to chase off the Turtles with their fire power alone.

I'm thinking maybe Krang lost was because he never used long range weapons on the Turtles, and strangely went for melee weapons, like swords and axes. The only time I saw Krang defeat the Turtles was in Krangenstein Lives, but Krang wasn't even in his robot body as his body went beserk.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:10 PM   #24
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I actually find him way more creepy In the bubble walker. But come on I think I have to go with the Android body its so outlandish that its charming.

Last edited by Garfield; 06-12-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #25
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I actually find him way more creepy In the bubble walker. But come on I think I have to go with the Android body its so outlandish that its charming.
I think Krang is more fun to watch in the android body, but I like that the bubble walker is able to move much faster. I liked that the android body could switch between weapons, though. Too bad Krang only fought on rare occasions. The android body was also taken out easily most of the time, most notably by Ch'rell in Turtles Forever.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #26
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I think Krang is more fun to watch in the android body, but I like that the bubble walker is able to move much faster. I liked that the android body could switch between weapons, though. Too bad Krang only fought on rare occasions. The android body was also taken out easily most of the time, most notably by Ch'rell in Turtles Forever.
Does the bubble walker move faster? He always seemed to run just as fast with it as he did when he was in the android body? I didn't notice really but I think he should have been smart enough to equip weapons on the bubble walker. If he had weapons he never seemed to use them because his clones had weapons that were actually rather dangerous to the Turtles. He also should have put some protective glass on his android body, too.

Shredder and Splintered and The Big Break in shows that the android body could be dangerous and wasn't take out as easily like the other episodes since those were the times where the Turtles struggled to beat him. In Krangenstein Lives, the android body beat all 4 Turtles but Krang wasn't in it. In Turtles Forever, pretty much anyone from the 1987 era was beaten easily. xD Making Krang and Shredder look like jokes who couldn't take down the Care Bears when in fact they have caused real danger and were competent fighters.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #27
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Does the bubble walker move faster? He always seemed to run just as fast with it as he did when he was in the android body? I didn't notice really but I think he should have been smart enough to equip weapons on the bubble walker. If he had weapons he never seemed to use them because his clones had weapons that were actually rather dangerous to the Turtles. He also should have put some protective glass on his android body, too.

Shredder and Splintered and The Big Break in shows that the android body could be dangerous and wasn't take out as easily like the other episodes since those were the times where the Turtles struggled to beat him. In Krangenstein Lives, the android body beat all 4 Turtles but Krang wasn't in it. In Turtles Forever, pretty much anyone from the 1987 era was beaten easily. xD Making Krang and Shredder look like jokes who couldn't take down the Care Bears when in fact they have caused real danger and were competent fighters.
I think how fast the android body was inconsistent at times. It was slow in season 7. It was fast in other seasons, though.

I agree that the android body was dangerous in those episodes. I also agree with what you said about Turtles Forever. It was still a good enough movie, but I would have enjoyed it much more if the 1987 characters had been a bit competent.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #28
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I have to go with the android body. That thing packed some great weapons. That was probably my favorite TMNT toy as a kid, but I put Krang in both on a regular basis.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:32 AM   #29
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

Android body all the way. It's pretty iconic for the character and TMNT in general.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #30
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't know why Krang's clones had bubble walkers equipped with weapons either. That was kinda risky, even though he could control them. I don't think Krang ever did manage to attack anyone with his bubble walker, but he nearly did in "Cyber-Turtles" when April and Casey took back the Firestar.
I saw the episode and saw that he actually did have weapons on his bubble walker. The one time he's about to use his weapon with his bubble walker, and he gets smashed by Casey. xD Makes me wonder why he didn't use his weapons more often if he had them.

I think the main reason I like the android body more is that it's interesting to see him in it. This small brainlike and almost harmless alien creature who moves slow having tall powerful exosuit at his command is more interesting to me.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #31
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I saw the episode and saw that he actually did have weapons on his bubble walker. The one time he's about to use his weapon with his bubble walker, and he gets smashed by Casey. xD Makes me wonder why he didn't use his weapons more often if he had them.

I think the main reason I like the android body more is that it's interesting to see him in it. This small brainlike and almost harmless alien creature who moves slow having tall powerful exosuit at his command is more interesting to me.
I've changed my mind and I like the android body over the bubble walker now. I think the android body was more dangerous with all those different weapons. Aside from the episode Invasion of the Krangazoids, the bubble walker could be taken out easily. The body was much stronger.

Also, Donatello still managed to grab Krang in his bubble walker in "Get Shredder", even with the protective glass around it and was captured easily by Berzurko's robots. He would have been safer and more formidable in the android body in the Red Sky seasons.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

This needs to have a poll.

Android body. Why use the bubble walker when he has a weaponized body? The only reason that would make sense in any perspective would be to sell toys. I wonder if David Wise forgot about the android body when scripting Get Shredder. Big error in my book.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:25 AM   #33
Myko
Thug

You guys are all wrong, the correct answer is the little tripod with wheels from before the Android is finished!

Also, the Android body toy has protective glass but the show version doesn't.
Myko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #34
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've changed my mind and I like the android body over the bubble walker now. I think the android body was more dangerous with all those different weapons. Aside from the episode Invasion of the Krangazoids, the bubble walker could be taken out easily. The body was much stronger.

Also, Donatello still managed to grab Krang in his bubble walker in "Get Shredder", even with the protective glass around it and was captured easily by Berzurko's robots. He would have been safer and more formidable in the android body in the Red Sky seasons.
I think the bubble walker has a cooler design but the android body is more practical. The bubble walker is perfect if Krang didn't fight at all and was just solely the brains behind the operation, but if he does fight, it's cooler to see him use the android body. I think they are both really cool but I like the android body a little more. I kind of thought it was strange yet cool to see him rest in the stomach of the android. You'd think he would placed on the head of the android, not the stomach so maybe I just found that unique.

I think the reason was in "Shredder Triumphant" Irma briefly disabled his android body with a laser rifle. While the bubble walker could be taken out easily, surprisingly even the android body could be taken out easily, too, when Irma shot it with a single laser blast, even though the android body is more powerful. Krang managed to get it going again by reconnecting circuits, we see him escape and after that, he's only using his bubble walker again. My guess is he only temporarily fixed it, it eventually powered down and since the Technodrome was sent to Dimension X, he couldn't get the tools or equipment needed to fix his android body so he was stuck with the bubble walker.

It would have been cool to see him use the android body in the Red Sky season. I found it strange he was captured by Beserko's robots easily, despite that the bubble walker had weapons, too. It came equipped with a buzz saw, rapid laser rifles, swords and even hands of it's own. I think it'd be cool to see Krang and his android body fighting Beserko, instead of just seeing Beserko push Krang around.

Last edited by Yabuturtle; 06-15-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #35
Ceres
Stone Warrior

I say Bubble Walker because he really looks kind of cute in it xD. I think its just like with different pairs of clothes which you choose whatever occasion you need them for.

I think it was in the german dub where shredder even commented on that in which he said to Krang who appeared in the Bubble Walker:

And you wear your best suit(referring to the walker).

So i guess its like clothings for him, which one has more protection as the other. But i also think he is way more mobile in the small walker and also can utilize his tentacles way better but thats just me.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #36
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myko View Post
You guys are all wrong, the correct answer is the little tripod with wheels from before the Android is finished!

Also, the Android body toy has protective glass but the show version doesn't.
That's strange that the toy had protective glass yet the show version didn't. The tripod with wheels was funny, seeing him using his tentacles to roll around the place. xD
Old 06-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #37
MutantBear
Foot Soldier

I really don't like the design of the Android body, does anyone know why that design was chosen?
MutantBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:18 AM   #38
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Big fat dudes in trippy glasses, red trunks and metal shoulder pads were all the rage I guess.
I always liked the ridiculousness of the Android suit, the walker was cool too, but I think the body was just more powerful and useful.
Either way this thread reminds me of a video I saw a few years back.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 AM   #39
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Bubblewalker when just hanging at the Techndrome, android while fighting.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
krang