The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #141
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
This is pretty much where I'm at. Bumblebee didn't do well commercially, but it was REALLY well received. Hopefully Paramount takes note.

There's gold in them thar hills.
Agreed lol like people pretending like everything Paramount movie is some how garbage which it's just ridiculous.

But I'm pretty excited and optimistic

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #142
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Agreed lol like people pretending like everything Paramount movie is some how garbage which it's just ridiculous.
So... studio integrity -- particularly that of Paramount -- is important to you?

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #143
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So... studio integrity -- particularly that of Paramount -- is important to you?

https://blog.rootshell.be/wp-content...tellmemore.png
Ok that was funny
But to be fair alot of the marvel movies were Paramount before marvel studios,
Indiana Jones and the mission impossible movies so it's not like all their stuff is hot garbage.

I'll full admit I lost interest in the transformers movie until. Bumble bee was release I didn't even bother to watch the knights one (recently sold all my tf figure)
Except my jet plane version.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #144
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
No boogeyman plant is going to come here and change the course of TMNT forever. It will make little difference. People who post here hardly have an influence on the mainstream opinion of TMNT, so I wouldn't worry about the virus spreading too badly. You'll do more damage by making us look like paranoid fools.
I don't think anyone is worried that studio plants are going to change the course of TMNT forever.

In my experience people who sincerely liked one or both of the Platinum Dunes movies come in two flavours.

1. people who argue TMNT isn't Shakespeare so stop complaining and just turn your brain off and enjoy it. The snow chase scene was amazing etc. This group didn't really post here anyway.

2. Fans that know the they were flawed but really want to like it because it's based on something they love and focus on the bits were okay or could've worked and hope that the sequels will fix that.

I don't really have much of a problem with them. I don't think that's a good way to be a since if you accept anything there's no reason for the power that be to ever give you a good product but I can't really change their minds.

The kind of PD boosters that admittedly ticked me off where the ones that en masse tried quash any criticism of the movies and took whatever positions to shut up people who had valid concerns. The kind of spam we'd get went a little something like this:
  • "Nothing wrong with making Eric Sacks Shredder? Can't a white guy be Shredder now? He'll have the same origin as Oroku Saki he'll just be adopted or reincarnated. You're all ust haters because you can't accept change."
  • "Clearly Shredder was supposed to be Japanese all along and the whole Eric Sachs things was just an amazingly played fake that they had planned all along and you're all just idiots for falling for it."
  • "Okay so the movie was poorly patched together but it's all your faults because you whined like crybabies and made them re-shoot. If they'd stuck with their original Eric Sachs vision things would been better."
  • "It's 2014, TMNT needs to change and everything has to be dark and edgy and realistic and have a modern story. What do you wanna see the same thing over and over?"
  • "It's great that Out Of The Shadows is all light and humorous and is basically the cartoon in live action. No one would accept a dark comic book version anyway and you're all idiots for wanting"
You can't really have any good faith discussions with people like that regardless of whether they are paid to say these things or not.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:57 AM   #145
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I don't think anyone is worried that studio plants are going to change the course of TMNT forever.

In my experience people who sincerely liked one or both of the Platinum Dunes movies come in two flavours.

1. people who argue TMNT isn't Shakespeare so stop complaining and just turn your brain off and enjoy it. The snow chase scene was amazing etc. This group didn't really post here anyway.

2. Fans that know the they were flawed but really want to like it because it's based on something they love and focus on the bits were okay or could've worked and hope that the sequels will fix that.

I don't really have much of a problem with them. I don't think that's a good way to be a since if you accept anything there's no reason for the power that be to ever give you a good product but I can't really change their minds.

The kind of PD boosters that admittedly ticked me off where the ones that en masse tried quash any criticism of the movies and took whatever positions to shut up people who had valid concerns. The kind of spam we'd get went a little something like this:
  • "Nothing wrong with making Eric Sacks Shredder? Can't a white guy be Shredder now? He'll have the same origin as Oroku Saki he'll just be adopted or reincarnated. You're all ust haters because you can't accept change."
  • "Clearly Shredder was supposed to be Japanese all along and the whole Eric Sachs things was just an amazingly played fake that they had planned all along and you're all just idiots for falling for it."
  • "Okay so the movie was poorly patched together but it's all your faults because you whined like crybabies and made them re-shoot. If they'd stuck with their original Eric Sachs vision things would been better."
  • "It's 2014, TMNT needs to change and everything has to be dark and edgy and realistic and have a modern story. What do you wanna see the same thing over and over?"
  • "It's great that Out Of The Shadows is all light and humorous and is basically the cartoon in live action. No one would accept a dark comic book version anyway and you're all idiots for wanting"
You can't really have any good faith discussions with people like that regardless of whether they are paid to say these things or not.
And there are those of us who think the first movie was stupid, but love the second one for the characters it finally brought to the big screen.

Very good and intelligent points you made, though. I think some people on these boards are to quick to scream "PLANT!" It's the reason I dismiss several pompous and arrogant posters on here as windbags, and ignore them.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 02-07-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #146
propguy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
And there are those of us who think the first movie was stupid, but love the second one for the characters it finally brought to the big screen.

Very good and intelligent points you made, though. I think some people on these boards are to quick to scream "PLANT!" It's the reason I dismiss several pompous and arrogant posters on here as windbags, and ignore them.

I though OOTS was really fun, like in a "big dumb fun, let's ride with it" kind of time. There were tons of huge plot holes and logic gaps, but I was looking forward to seeing them finish it out with a part 3 where we get to see Baxter mutated and travel to dimension x. Sure, it wouldnt've Been perfect, but a fun time anyways.

Now we are rolling the dice all over again with these same producers AGAIN.

I just hope after this new one comes and goes we don't wish for the good old days of out of the shadows lmao.

We will see, but Hollywood rarely figures out their mistakes...
propguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #147
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by propguy View Post
We will see, but Hollywood rarely figures out their mistakes...
It’s not really even Hollywood. It’s Nickelodeon or Viacom or whatever. And then it’s not like a thousand people at nick/via signing off on projects. It’s what, maybe a couple people that make poor choices. But this is an outsider perspective and I do not actually know how decisions get decided. But when folks say “that’s Hollywood” it sounds like hiding and not taking accountability. I couldn’t get past the CGI turtles. They looked unbelievable imho. Rise and 2012 are more believable as TMNT to me.

It felt like watching someone play a video game. But that is popular nowadays so perhaps that’s how the movies keep getting the ok. Or toys. I do like the figs and did purchase some of those. But I’m not much for watching video games.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 02-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #148
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:18 PM   #149
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Seriously has there actually ever been plants? I think studios read forums and comments but I doubt they’d make accounts just to argue on a message board that really only has a handful of consistent users.

I’ve read articles that seemed made up or overly praising of something but those are meant to reach all readers so I can see hype articles being a thing but not really forum plants.

Unless some studio employee just wanted to do it for fun on their own time.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:15 AM   #150
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well, we need there to be something to bring them here in the first place and things are pretty quiet regarding the movie.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:09 AM   #151
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Seriously has there actually ever been plants?
Yep, I've IDed a bunch, earlier in this thread I believe. A group of users who joined all at the same time, immediately became friends with one another (as in went into their control panel and sent each other friend requests, as if to blend in better) and nobody else, and did basically nothing else but flood the movie threads with "PD TMNT 2014 or PD TMNT 2016 is best thing evar, u are old/dumb/wrong if you think otherwise!! etc.."
Old 07-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #152
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Seriously has there actually ever been plants? I think studios read forums and comments but I doubt they’d make accounts just to argue on a message board that really only has a handful of consistent users.
Companies legitimately pay people to post fake product reviews, so it wouldn't surprise me and isn't much of a stretch that film companies may do similar leading up to the opening of a film.

Even if it's quiet now, it's still kind of the primary fan site outside of today's social media and very visible. And bound to get a bit busier again with a film.

But like Newfan said, it's too quite and we know basically nothing yet. Really doubt we'll see any of them until we know a lot more and they start getting into promo mode and send them out to try to create some hype.

But will they be new plants, or weeds that presently look dead and spring back to life? If new account confirmations are iffy, that could hold new ones back from trying to get in.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #153
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well just out of curiosity earlier I checked the members list in date order, from the 25th of this month until today there are like over 6 pages of new registrations. Seems a bit more spread out before then, not sure if this just happens sometimes though, I wasn't bored enough to check further back

Anyway I doubt they are Plants who know something we don't
Just, if these do all get verified and start posting you may see a rise in new people. I think a lot of people never do post though do they?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #154
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

I’ve read articles that seemed made up or overly praising of something but those are meant to reach all readers so I can see hype articles being a thing but not really forum plants.

I don't really think so. Like, maybe a couple, but not to any great extent. I mean, the idea that they could make an impact by posting on this forum is laughable enough for me to not really give a crap either way.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:16 PM   #155
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I mean, the idea that they could make an impact by posting on this forum is laughable enough for me to not really give a crap either way.
It's not that they honestly believe that they will, it's that they're paid to do a job and so they do it.

Like if I offer to pay you $1,000 to walk up to the head of Nickelodeon and tell them to resign, and you agree to the deal. You don't have to believe it will work... you just have to go and do it, and probably produce some modicum of proof that you did what you said after it's done (links to posts/threads in this case).
Old 07-31-2019, 01:09 PM   #156
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not that they honestly believe that they will, it's that they're paid to do a job and so they do it.

Like if I offer to pay you $1,000 to walk up to the head of Nickelodeon and tell them to resign, and you agree to the deal. You don't have to believe it will work... you just have to go and do it, and probably produce some modicum of proof that you did what you said after it's done (links to posts/threads in this case).
Hell, I'll do it for $20 and an iced coffee. I'm a cheap date.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:54 PM   #157
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hell, I'll do it for $20 and an iced coffee. I'm a cheap date.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #158
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:

I dunno, ask Shark Blade.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:08 PM   #159
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Be careful what you ask about. They could be lurking and could be dangerous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mitch.jpg (78.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-31-2019, 04:13 PM   #160
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Be careful what you ask about. They could be lurking and could be dangerous.