The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

Who created the mutegen bomb

I think it was Baxter just try to turn back into a fly but then it did not go the way he wanted it to be
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The Krrraaaanggggg!!!!

(The Kraang logo is present on the Mutagen Bomb in the flashback, and the Kraang do try use anothe Mutagen Bomb early in the series. Season 1, Episode 9: The Gauntlet)

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Did you not watch the episode? The Kraang.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, the Kraang probably making a last ditch effort. (Although I guess they also screwed themselves over in the process as well, since none are around later, the Earth didn't become what they were trying to create all along, and they're never mentioned again.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was likely programmed as a failsafe to device to go off since all the Kraang were gone. Unless some Utrom just went crazy for some reason.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:58 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Kraang, it was so obviously the Kraang. They're literally the only faction to have the motives and resources to do it.

Anyway, since there really isn't any hints to suggest it was non-canon, isn't it weird to have that be the canon future? The Kraang were (kind of) defeated and then they got what they wanted anyway, killing off most characters in the series.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:00 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Anyway, since there really isn't any hints to suggest it was non-canon, isn't it weird to have that be the canon future? The Kraang were (kind of) defeated and then they got what they wanted anyway, killing off most characters in the series.
Oh it's definitely canon, alright. That's how Ciro wrote it, & so it is written.

I don't think it's weird, no. It's a dark note to go out on, but given the source material, Mirage, set the tone of unhappy endings & the like, I find it fitting. Bums me out a bit, everyone's fate, but I'm glad someone had the balls to go there, that people's feathers were ruffled, & that it tonally calls back to the old comics.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oh it's definitely canon, alright. That's how Ciro wrote it, & so it is written.

I don't think it's weird, no. It's a dark note to go out on, but given the source material, Mirage, set the tone of unhappy endings & the like, I find it fitting. Bums me out a bit, everyone's fate, but I'm glad someone had the balls to go there, that people's feathers were ruffled, & that it tonally calls back to the old comics.
How did I become neatoman?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since the Kraang were dead after Kraang Prime and SubPrime's death, I don't think there would be any reason the remaining Utrom would stay brainwashed. I think Ciro said the mutagen bomb goes off when the Turtles are 20 (so it would be 5 years after the last episode with Bebop/Rocksteady, give or take a floating timeline so not entirely accurate, but whatever), so unless some new Kraang came aboard somewhere, it could have went off on it's own or a human could have triggered in. Also of note the Turtles don't say they're fighting the Kraang in that flashback, so it was purposely left ambiguous.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since the Kraang were dead after Kraang Prime and SubPrime's death, I don't think there would be any reason the remaining Utrom would stay brainwashed. I think Ciro said the mutagen bomb goes off when the Turtles are 20 (so it would be 5 years after the last episode with Bebop/Rocksteady, give or take a floating timeline so not entirely accurate, but whatever), so unless some new Kraang came aboard somewhere, it could have went off on it's own or a human could have triggered in. Also of note the Turtles don't say they're fighting the Kraang in that flashback, so it was purposely left ambiguous.
There is no indication that Kraang-Prime and Subprime are dead for good.

Subprime's previous "deaths" were treated as a joke and he was brought back despite being crushed in the burning lair.

Also, the Newtralizer returned in season 5 as having been brainwashed by the Kraang, which would've been much less likely in season 5 if Kraang-Prime was dead all the way back in the seaso 3 finale.

At the very least, if the Kraang didn't actually use the Mutagen bomb in that final battle, there is still no doubt that they manufactured it.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

It was Ch'rell making a 2012 appearance! Just kidding

Looked like the Kraang to me, also the DVD movie that Ciro wanted to make takes place just before the mutagen bomb and I'm sure I remember reading that the turtles come back out of hiding as the Kraang have shown up.
As for why they would still be a hive mind if Kraang Prime was dead(as mentioned by Cubed) though I don't know.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #12
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

I don't think it is the krang because all of them are not earth. Also anything with mutagen it has the krang symbol. So any one could have gotten something from tcri and it would have the krang symbol on it.
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Or it could have been a mutagen bomb that was planted in secret so not even Bishop or the other Utrom knew about it. Likely because the Kraang that would have known of its existence would have been eliminated by Kraang Prime and Subprime so they would have been the only Kraang who knew of it. It was timed to go off that particular date in time so if the Kraang were defeated again they would have a means of destroying the Earth.

Episodes set in the future are always hypothetical. And the news articles about the final episodes depicted it as a possible future for the turtles. So while Ciro says all this happens when the Turtles are in their early twenties. If you don't see it as canon with the story, then you don't have to see it as canon.

For example, while a dream sequence ending is generally not a good way to end things. It would have been a good ending here since Carmageddon in set 75 years in the future. So after the Turtles find the green the scene shifts to Raph waking up in his room at the lair. He then leaves his room and finds his brothers all alive and young again all getting ready to celebrate their 20th birthday with the friends and honorary family they have gained over the years.

But still, give some hints that this whole thing may not be a dream but a vision of what is to come such there being a shot of Donnie doing some finishing touches on Metalhead 2.0. or Leo saying the only Space Heroes the Next Generation video that is missing is the final one. And maybe a panning shot over the city until it comes to rest on the mutagen bomb that is ticking a way to detonation.

After all the 2012 story begins with the Turtles celebrating their 15th birthday and that's the last moment of innocents they have before they encounter the Kraang and the Shredder and take it upon themselves to become protectors of the city. So it would make sense to have the story end the same way by having the Turtles enjoying a moment of happiness before everything blows to heck.

Last edited by victory_angel; 11-15-2018 at 03:39 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #14
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Looked like the Kraang to me, also the DVD movie that Ciro wanted to make takes place just before the mutagen bomb and I'm sure I remember reading that the turtles come back out of hiding as the Kraang have shown up.
As for why they would still be a hive mind if Kraang Prime was dead(as mentioned by Cubed) though I don't know.
Didn't Ciro talk about that on some panel last year? There was supposed to be some new entity forming from a fusion of the remains of Kraang Prime and bacteria in the Hudson River (Kraang Primordius, or some oddball name like that)? I assume that "entity" would have had the same psychic abilities as Kraang Prime. Yeah....it was a good thing this show ended when it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
If it had been officially canon, it would have been a nihilistic way to end the series. And...I won't get into the misogynistic treatment of April and Karai. To be fair, I would have just interpreted it as an AU anyway, especially in light of the canon contradictions surrounding Renet and the future she comes from. We know that in canon, they have a bright future, and end up becoming "heroes of legend". Renet said as much back in Season 3. I have no problem with that and don't find it to be "weird" at all.
Overall, I prefer the official finale we got. "Wanted" at least paid tribute to the correct franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

I think Nickelodeon would disagree with that. But, ultimately, it's a fantasy cartoon. It's up to audience interpretation. Ciro had the right to attempt to end things the way he wanted. Nick had the right to do what they wish with the franchise they own , and the audience has the right to voice their criticism, as well as their individual interpretations.
By the way, did Ciro actually write any of the apocalypse episodes? I seem to recall that Brandon Auman wrote The Wasteland Warrior. He said on his Twitter that it was up to audience interpretation whether it was "canon" or AU.

As for "dark", I thought that Requiem, Owari, and Darkest Plight were much darker episodes overall. MA was too goofy and even had a tacked on "happy" ending. It would have been a lot ballsier to kill off one or more of the turtles in a well-written story that made sense within the overall series.

A lot of people were quite upset back when we thought this was the official finale. Fortunately, Nick had other ideas. As for "ruffled feathers", it's been interesting. Typically, when you have a controversial episode in a show, the detractors usually throw the biggest tantrums. But in this case it was quite the opposite, to the point where people were afraid to even appear to suggest that the special was not canon. Very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Episodes set in the future are always hypothetical. And the news articles about the final episodes depicted it as a possible future for the turtles. So while Ciro says all this happens when the Turtles are in their early twenties. If you don't see it as canon with the story, then you don't have to see it as canon.
Even Brandon Auman said something to this effect on his Twitter several months ago.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #15
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfaloth12 View Post
It would have been a lot ballsier to kill off one or more of the turtles in a well-written story that made sense within the overall series.
Donnie is the only turtle who physically died in this event. He said he was able to remotely transfer his consciousness to metalhead when his body was destroyed. However what I personally believe may have been more likely is that Donnie had downloaded a copy of his consciousness into Metalhead. Then after the bomb went off he was mortally wounded and his last act before he passed on was to use his T-phone to activate metalhead so that some aspect of himself still existed. So the Donnie in the whole Carmageddon story isn't the actual Donnie but a copy of him.

Last edited by victory_angel; 11-21-2018 at 12:28 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
There is no indication that Kraang-Prime and Subprime are dead for good.

Subprime's previous "deaths" were treated as a joke and he was brought back despite being crushed in the burning lair.

Also, the Newtralizer returned in season 5 as having been brainwashed by the Kraang, which would've been much less likely in season 5 if Kraang-Prime was dead all the way back in the seaso 3 finale.

At the very least, if the Kraang didn't actually use the Mutagen bomb in that final battle, there is still no doubt that they manufactured it.
Nope, Kraang Prime's ending after the Triceratons blew up their ship finished them off, that's why they're never mentioned again afterward.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Nope, Kraang Prime's ending after the Triceratons blew up their ship finished them off, that's why they're never mentioned again afterward.
Bishop mentions the Kraang when the Newtralizer comes back in season 5.

Also from Ciro Nielis instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bej0khOl-CF/

"superrobot74@theethanmorales I have been writing a story around my turtles, roughly 20 years old, facing off against the return of a Kraang entity. There’s lots of great scenes in it, especially the opening scene involving Michelangelo riding the subway. It’s a cross between invasion of the body snatchers and the blob. It would be great as a video release movie for Nick. It would bridge some of the gaps and answer many gripes fans have about Mutant Apocalypse. I will try to get that going at @nickelodeon eventually. As I see it, more turtles is a good thing. Thanks for being supportive homie! @tmnt"

Old 11-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I know, but unless we get a new movie/special none of that is canon for now.

As for Bishop what was his exact line? I don't think he said they were still fighting the Kraang.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #19
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Yeah I know, but unless we get a new movie/special none of that is canon for now.

As for Bishop what was his exact line? I don't think he said they were still fighting the Kraang.
He said that they brain-washed the Newtralizer.

I think its much more likely that the Kraang brain-washed the Newtralizer after season 3, otherwise there's a huge delay between their brainwashing and his intended return to Earth in season 5.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
He said that they brain-washed the Newtralizer.

I think its much more likely that the Kraang brain-washed the Newtralizer after season 3, otherwise there's a huge delay between their brainwashing and his intended return to Earth in season 5.
Well still sounds like it all happened in the past. The Kraang were essentially gone from the show for good after the Triceratons blasted their ship. I assumed after Kraang Prime died, the remaining Kraang who were brainwashed then turned back to normal so became regular Utroms again since Kraang Prime's telepathic hold on them was gone.

Tags