The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
colincollects85
Random Punk

1990 Technodrome MISB Question (WARNING)

Okay, so I found a reasonably priced Technodrome mint in the box on eBay and scooped it up for around $1,200 as a Christmas gift to myself.

Does anyone know about the "Warning Small Parts" disclaimer and what it means?

Upon further examination of the pics, I noticed this disclaimer on the box (right-hand side) that I have not seen on most other boxed Techondrome playsets. I asked the seller if it was the original 1990 version and he said it was. Is this just a variation? Perhaps a foreign version? Or a reissue? The small print on the back of the box is hard to read in the photos. I have not received it yet, but am worried I that I got duped or bought and different version unintentionally. Any info is greatly appreciated...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181228_010308.jpg (98.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 20181228_122758.jpg (61.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 20181226_192011.jpg (89.7 KB, 62 views)
colincollects85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

It means warning small parts inside the box.

So kids don’t choke on them.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
colincollects85
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
It means warning small parts inside the box.

So kids don’t choke on them.
I'm aware, I was a kid at one time, lol. I had this playset, but the disclaimer is not on some other versions of the package that I've seen for sale. Which is why I asked if this particular warning label was specific to a different version of the playset and not the original US 1990 version, which is what I (hopefully) paid $1,200 for.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

I can check my box sometime over the next few days. It doesn't strike me as unusual, but I have no idea whether that was on the original box or not.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Most of the earlier toys had packaging variations. I would imagine this was no different. One would think the version with the warning would be more common since they probably realized they were looking at countless lawsuits pretty quickly.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
colincollects85
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Most of the earlier toys had packaging variations. I would imagine this was no different. One would think the version with the warning would be more common since they probably realized they were looking at countless lawsuits pretty quickly.
That's true, and somewhat puts my mind at ease. Guess I have to wait until it's delivered to further examine the box.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
Meow
Stone Warrior

I can only speak for those 90ies tmnt toys with german language on them but I do know 100% sure this was on every toy package at those times.

Was it less or not common at all in the states?
Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #8
TMNTdude87
Thug

Those warnings were not present on toys until around 1993. Only toys released in the US would have those labels. So it is an authentic vintage item. What you have is Technodrome that was on shelves during its final year of retail. The contents of the toy are the same as those issued in 1990-1992. No worries.
TMNTdude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:08 AM   #9
Vintage
Random Punk

F&$?, when I was little I ate all the pieces. And the writings on the box would of made no difference. lol

Seems like you got your question answered and can breath a sigh of relief. I'm happy for you. That was a lot of money.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #10
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
F&$?, when I was little I ate all the pieces. And the writings on the box would of made no difference. lol

Seems like you got your question answered and can breath a sigh of relief. I'm happy for you. That was a lot of money.
the warnings were more for the parents so they could remove the small parts before giving to the child. my parents did that with my brother and i we were never allowed to have the weapons and accessories that came with any turtle figure
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote